Search result for BYTEDANCE
• Hawley who happens to be the sponsor of the bill called ByteDance, the company that owns TikTok “an immediate security threat”
• Similar measure was unanimously approved by the US Senate in the month of August last year
• The D...
• Vanessa Pappas, the interim head of TikTok, will take over the new role as COO of the company
• Announcing the new leadership team, Yiming Zhang, founder and CEO of ByteDance said in a statement that "The leadership team of Shou and Vanessa sets the...
- 11 Chinese technology companies summoned on use of ‘deepfake’ technologies.
- Alibaba Group, Tencent and ByteDance are among the companies summoned by Chinese regulators.
- Deepfakes are said to use artificial int...
- China’s ByteDance working on Clubhouse-like app for its own country.
- Clubhouse was blocked in China in early February.
- Xiaomi Corp. is reworking its Mi Talk app into an invitation-only audio service.
- Last year the Indian Government banned TikTok in India.
- Bytedance is planning to sell India operations of TikTok to Glance.
Last year, the Indian Government banned many Chinese apps in India, including TikTok. Now Bytedanc...
- As China sharpens its claws on the country’s leading tech companies, two of the industry's biggest names in the business are indulging in a verbal backlash.
- Douyin — the Chinese version of short-content video app TikTok -— sued Tencent (TCEHY) on Tuesday. ...
• The Trump administration said TikTok possesses threat to national security as it is likely to obtain personal data of U.S. users and provide it to Chinese government
• Previously a US District Judge Carl Nichols in Washington had issued an order blocking...
• On September 27, US District Judge Carl Nichols in Washington blocked the US Commerce Department order hours before it was going to ban new downloads of Chinese-owned TikTok
• The appeals panel consists of Judges Robert Wilkins, Judith Rogers and Patrici...
• A second US judge on Monday granted a preliminary injunction blocking the U.S. Commerce Depart from imposing restrictions on ByteDance-owned TikTok
• Talking about this decision given by judge Nichols, a TikTok spokesman said the company was pleased that...
• According to a filing dated November 13, submitted by Patrick Ryan, both the sides were in the favor of dismissing the case with prejudice
• ByteDance, which happens to be the parent company of TikTok has received an extension till November 27 of its dea...
• After this decision by the Pennsylvania judge, TikTok will still stay in the U.S. app stores and can be used by the Americans
• In order to stop the app from being shut in the United States, three TikTok influencers in the country who are making mo...
• Mnuchin said all of the code will have to be in the United States. He further said that Oracle will be responsible for rebuilding the code, sanitizing the code, making sure it’s safe in their cloud, and whether it will satisfy all the US requirements
• As per the order issued by the Commerce Department, Google and Apple were asked to remove Tiktok owned by Chinese company ByteDance from their respective app stores
• The US district judge Carl Nichol granted a preliminary order to allow the app to remai...
• ByteDance submitted an application to Beijing’s municipal commerce bureau and now is waiting for the approval
• While speaking to the reporters on Thursday, spokesman of Chinese commerce ministry Gao Feng said that the application from ByteDance ha...
• The US Department of Commerce had issued an order asking Alphabet Inc’s Google and Apple Inc to take down WeChat for downloads, but this move was blocked by a US judge on Sunday
• According to data analytics firm Sensor Tower, WeChat was installed ...
• Oracle in its statement said upon creation of TikTok Global, Oracle/Walmart will make their investment and the TikTok Global shares will be distributed to their owners, Americans will be the majority and ByteDance will have no ownership in TikTok Global
• President Trump while speaking to the reporters said he has approved the deal in concept
• The US President said he has given the deal his blessing and if they get it done, that’s great, and if they don’t, that’s okay too
• After this ban, no American will be able to download these two apps developed by Chinese companies ByteDance and Tencent
• This ban announced on Friday will affect only new downloads and updates, while the existing users can continue using TikTok...
• According to the sources, the filing of the IPO would be on U.S. stock exchange and likely to come in about a year
• On August 6, President Trump had ordered ByteDance to divest TikTok in the middle of growing concerns of national security
• ByteDance has decided to place TikTok's headquarters in the U.S. as this move will help TikTok escape President Donald Trump's ban
• Reports state that independent third parties will take the roles of directors of the new company, while ByteDance...