Search result for Belarus
Putin may be trying to drag Belarus into the conflict in Ukraine, and the Russian pressure is just too great.
On Monday, President Alexander Lukashenko declared that Belarus would provide more active support for its Russian ally in the conflict with Ukraine. Protests in 2020 showed how unpopular Lukashenko is at home, so analysts think he's likely to cave to pressure from Russian President Vladimir P...
Concerns have been raised about a possible escalation of Russia's war in Ukraine after Alexander Lukashenko of Belarus ordered a coordinated "regional gathering of forces" with Russia.
On Monday, President Alexander Lukashenko of Belarus declared the establishment of a joi...
- The culture figures of Belarus have been facing serious repression for criticising Alexander Lukashenko
- The cultural figures have experienced unrelenting repression from the departments of the government
According to the ...
- The opposition leader of Belarus said that, they have lost on the streets
- She has also admitted that, the opposition parties in Belarus had lost the battle on the streets of Belarus
The democracy in the country of Belarus...
- The opposition leader of Belarus has been kept on Trial as Alexander Lukashenko continues his crackdown
- Viktor Babariko, who had been seen as a potential challenger to Alexander Lukashenko, that the authorities have prevented him from runn...
- The government of Belarus is going to hold the constitutional vote in less than one year
- The president of Belarus said that, the constitutional vote is going to be conducting it simultaneously with the municipal elections
- The president of Lithuania has nominated the opposition leader of Belarus for the Nobel prize
- The president has nominated the opposition leader, who has been living in Lithuania after fleeing from Belarus
According to the...
- The opposition leader of Belarus has urged for more tougher sanctions from the western countries on Alexander Lukashenko
- The United States and the European Union have to do more to end the disputed rule of Alexander Lukashenko in Belarus
- Svyatlana Tshikanouskaya is going to be addressing the United Nation’s Security Council in this week
- She will be addressing the council over the ongoing crackdown on the independent media and protestors in Belarus
- The authorities of Belarus have extended the pretrial detention of Maryya Kalesnikava
- Maryya Kalesnikava, who is the opposition figure, had been facing national security charges for two months, which had now been extended
- The president of Belarus said that, the country is going to be holding a referendum on his suggested reforms of the constitution
- He also said that the constitutional reforms have been backed publicly by the traditional ally of Russia ...
- Belarus becomes the first country in the world to start the Sputnik-V corona virus vaccination after Russia
- The healthcare minister of Belarus said that, they can officially confirm that, according to the data available, the vaccine is saf...
- The police of Belarus have detained around 100 anti-government protestors in the capital of Belarus
- The people had taken part in the protest by creating small rallies that have been scattered all around Minsk, Belarus
- The opposition parties of Belarus have called for the support from the European Union as it is collecting the prize
- The president of the European Parliament has also paid tribute to the opposition of Belarus
- More than 300 people have been detained by the police of Belarus during the non-authorized protests which were held in the capital of Minsk
- The statement given by Belarusian police states that, they had given the warning to the protestors ...
- The government of Belarus have called for the co-operation of CIS against the modern threats and challenges
- The Foreign Affair Minister of Belarus have discussed the different aspects with the Foreign Ministers Council of CIS on 10th Decem...
- Vladimir Putin has been urging the opposing political forces for trying to resolve their differences through dialogue or talks in Belarus
- The backing from Russia has been seen as a vital chance for Alexander Lukashenko for staying in power...
- The opposition leader of Belarus is going to be compiling a register of the officers, who are accused of abusing the demonstrators
- Sviatlana Tsikhanouskaya said that, the book of crimes will be including the accounts of the abusing of the ...
- The foreign minister of Russia has accused the western countries of interfering into the matters of Belarus
- This comes as the foreign minister of Russia met Alexander Lukashenko, who has faced months of protests aver the disputed elections...
- The main opposition figures of Belarus have been charged with fraud and money laundering
- The authorities of Belarus said that, Viktor Babaryko, until his arrest had been intended for running against Alexander Lukashenko