Search result for CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC
- Japan’s current account surplus rose to $12 billion in April.
- April saw a larger rise in exports than in imports in terms of value.
- Imports jumped 11.3 percent to 6.54 trillion yen.
- Primary income, gained...
- Airdo Co., Solaseed Air to set up holding company in Oct. 2022.
- To improve finances, they will reduce costs through joint aircraft maintenance and procurement of supplies.
- They have no plans to cut jobs and expect their b...
- Industrial output of Japan rises 2.5 percent in April.
- The index of production at factories and mines exceeded the pre-pandemic level.
- Output in the electrical machinery, information, and communication electronics equipme...
- China’s trade with N. Korea rose to $30.60 million in April.
- China's exports to North Korea rose more than 120 percent to 28.75 million in April.
- In March, chemical fertilizer, pesticide, herbicide, and related ...
- Japan’s economy fell by 4.6 percent in FY 2020 over pandemic.
- GDP in the January-March period shrank an annualized real 5.1 percent from the previous quarter.
- Exports of goods and services plummeted 10.4 percent.
- S. Korean stocks expected to trade low next week over inflation fears.
- On Friday, the benchmark Korea Composite Stock Price Index (KOSPI) closed at 3,153.32 points.
- The stock index had reportedly slumped more than 1 perce...
- Japanese pubs reports loss; while fast food chains thrive in pandemic.
- Japanese pub operator Watami Co. on Friday reported a loss of $105 million.
- In fiscal 2020, Ootoya Holdings Co., posted a record loss of 9.73 billion ...
- S. Korea’s domestic demand shows improvement in April.
- The country’s exports saw an increase of 41.1% on-year in April.
- In April, sales at department stores rose 26.8 percent on-year.
- The county rep...
- S. Korea’s employed people reached 27.2 million in April 2021.
- The number of unemployed people came to 1.15 million in April.
- The jobless rate fell 0.2% point on-year to 4%.
- The number of temporary worker...
- Hong Kong govt. buys broadcasting rights of Tokyo games.
- Hong Kong government signed the contract on the rights last Friday with Japan’s Dentsu Inc.
- Dentsu Inc. is the only company that holds the exclusive rights to...
- Coronavirus pandemic increases Japan govt.’s debt to $940 billion in 2020.
- As of March 31, the outstanding balance meaning the debt per capita stood at 9.70 million yen.
- The nation's debt reportedly consisted of...
- S. Korean Lotte Shopping Co. sees net loss of $36.5 million in Q1.
- The company’s Q1 net losses narrowed from a year earlier on recovering sales.
- The company’s operating income rose 18.5 percent to 61.8 billion...
- Japan estimates economic loss of $9.2 billion over virus emergency.
- The government's decision to extend the emergency will have a negative impact of 600 billion yen.
- The Japanese economy is expected to have plunged in...
- Chinese tourists take domestic trips on day 1 of a 5-day holiday.
- China’s international labor day holiday runs from May 1 to 5.
- Beijing South Railway Station was packed with passengers leaving for vacation. <...
- JTB Corp. to boost its capital through Development BOJ funding.
- JTB’s capital adequacy ratio stood at 11.4 percent.
- JTB is expected to record a net loss of 100 billion yen in FY 2020.
- Preferred shares are...
- Oriental Land; Tokyo Disneyland operator saw net loss of $497 million.
- In FY 2020 ending in March, the total number of visitors to the theme park was 7.56 million.
- The theme park’s sales stood at 170.58 billion yen,...
- S. Korea’s sales in ELS fall more than 30% in Q1 2021.
- In Q1 the value of ELS issues came to US$16.8 billion.
- The figure was also down 10.3 percent from the 20.9 billion won from a year earlier.
- The outst...
- S. Korea’s consumption expenditure on tourism declines in 2020.
- Foreigners' spending in the domestic tourism and leisure sector plunged by nearly 80%.
- Foreigners' spending plummeted 76.6 percent to 1.66 tril...
- Panasonic decides to fully acquire the U.S Blue Yonder Group.
- Panasonic plans to strengthen its logistics business with Blue Yonder’s digital technology.
- Panasonic in 2020 had previously obtained a 20% stake in Blue...
- ANA expects a net loss of $3.75 billion in FY 2020.
- The airline company had previously estimated 510 billion yen.
- It made cost cuts with reductions in its operations of domestic and international flights.
- ANA e...