Search result for Corona Virus Pandemic
HURRICANE LAURA DISRUPTS LOUISIANA’S CORONA VIRUS RESPONSE
- The state had to discontinue community-based testing
- Evacuation operations further worsen the transmission of corona virus
State officials and epidemiologists said that Hurricane Laura is disrupting the corona virus respon...
THE U.S. FDA COULD SOON MAKE THE CORONA VIRUS VACCINE AVAILABLE
- The move is not influenced by Trump administration
- It would be done only if the benefits outweigh the risks
The United States is observing the rising number of corona virus cases. To make the v...
EXPERTS HINT TOWARDS THE POSSIBILITY OF A DOUBLE-DIP IN THE US ECONOMY
- The initial US jobless claims point towards the same
- The U.S. economy needs greater fiscal support
For the US economy, many experts and economists have raised concerns. It is regarding the possibility of a double-dip rece...
ANDREW CUOMO ANNOUNCES NEW YORK FASHION WEEK
- It will feature more virtual events
- It will include live-streamed runway shows
Andrew Cuomo said that the New York Fashion Week can be organized in September. However, it shall be under the state public health guidance and...
ED YARDENI: WEEKLY INDICATORS SUGGEST A REBOUND IN REVENUES
- Indicators like retail sales etc. has been strong
- The retail giants like Home Depot, Walmart have reported sales gains
Ed Yardeni said that markets could observe a rebound in revenues. It was affected severely by the pande...
THE US OBSERVES LESS THAN 50,000 CORONA VIRUS CASES FOR SEVEN CONSECUTIVE DAYS
- As compared to a week ago, the U.S. cases have fallen by nearly 17%
- Health experts believe it could be due to reduced testing
According to Johns Hopkins University data, the US constitutes...
PRESIDENT TRUMP HOPES THAT RUSSIA’S CORONA VIRUS VACCINE WORKS
- Russia announced the first coronavirus vaccine in the world recently
- Public health officials are concerned about its safety and efficacy
Russian President Vladimir Putin recently announced the first coronavirus vaccine in ...
PRESIDENT TRUMP INSISTS TO SEND MORE STIMULUS MONEY
- Direct payments to families will be made
- Funding will also be provided to open schools safely
Trump posted a series of tweets on Friday. He referred the readiness to send the coronavirus stimulus money. However, apart from...
DR. ANTHONY FAUCI OPPOSES THE CONCEPT OF ACHIEVING HERD IMMUNITY
- WHO officials have also advised against the herd immunity
- It would overwhelm hospitals and can enormously increase the death toll
Herd immunity is necessary to contain a virus according to the epidemiologists. It implies a...
CARISSA ETIENNE: THE STEEP RISE IN THE NUMBER OF CORONAVIRUS CASES IN AMERICA IS WORRISOME
- The U.S. recently surpassed 5 million COVID – 19 cases
- Brazil has reported more than 3 million cases
Carissa Etienne said during a news briefing that America has been reporting more than 100,000 new corona viru...
ROYAL CARIBBEAN SHARES OBSERVE A RISE
- The global operations of the industry were suspended due to the pandemic
- Royal received notable bookings for the cruises in 2021
For the second quarter, Royal Caribbean reported a loss of $1.6 billion. Regardless of the lo...
US WORKERS WILL BE ELIGIBLE FOR $400/WEEK OF ADDITIONAL UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS
- Trump’s move is part of several other measures directed to address the economic damage caused by the Covid-19
- It represents a midpoint between the two positions
In the US, a huge number of workers are displaced by th...
ANDREW CUOMO: ALL SCHOOL DISTRICTS ACROSS THE STATE ARE AUTHORIZED TO REOPEN
- 749 districts have to submit plans to the New York State Department of Health
- It will be on how they plan to keep children and staff safe
On Friday New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo made an announcement. The announcement stated t...
JPMORGAN: ECONOMIC RECOVERY HAS BEEN NEUTRAL SINCE MID-JUNE
- Their chart reflects spending has been roughly 10% or more below its 2019 levels
- It has been for over a month after rising sharply from late-March and early April
The consumer spending data from JPMorgan provide insights o...
TILMAN FERTITTA: ENDING THE $600/WEEK UNEMPLOYMENT SUPPLEMENT WILL IMPAIR THE U.S. ECONOMY’S RECOVERY FROM COVID – 19
- The weekly check has been a major catalyst for consumer spending during Covid-19
- The spending has, in turn, created additional jobs
On Tuesday, Billionaire Tilman Fertitta said that ending the $600-per-week fed...
UK’S CARBON EMISSIONS OBSERVE A REBOUND
- Emissions from the energy and transport industries observed a rise
- The UK needs to cut 12 megatons of CO2 every year to meet its net-zero target by 2050
Following the easing of COVID-19 lockdow...
UNITED NATIONS: WORLD COULD FACE A SEVERE FOOD CRISIS
- The global food emergency could have long-term impacts
- The global recovery plan shall prioritize on sustainable food systems
The UN has warned that the world could face a severe food crisis. It has urged governments to act...
THE EUROPEAN COMMISSION’S STIMULUS PLAN, DEBATED
- The EC has proposed a 750-billion euro stimulus plan
- It is to support the region affected by the coronavirus crisis
European Commission has proposed a 750-billion euro stimulus plan. It is to support the regio...
MAJOR UK COMPANIES SLASH THOUSANDS OF JOBS IN THE WAKE OF PANDEMIC
- It is an attempt to reduce costs in the current economic circumstances
- The pandemic has forced the businesses into survival mode
The coronavirus pandemic has forced the businesses into survival mode. Britain'...
CYPRUS ECONOMY OBSERVES IMPROVEMENT
- Consumer sentiment is getting stronger
- The tourism sector will recover soon
The Cyprus economy seems to be emerging from the effects of the lockdown. Dr. Andreas Assiotis comments that they are observing a swing back from ...