Search result for Corona virus Pandemic
- Currently, 35 countries are using digital tracking
- At least 28 countries have contact tracing apps in place
Digital rights experts have said that extensive surveillance measures have been introduced after the COVID &...
WHO PUBLISHES A POLICY BRIEF ON THE DISPROPORTIONATE IMPACT OF THE COVID-19 ON THE SENIOR POPULATION
- Older people are at the highest risk of contracting the COVID-19 infection
- It is due to their weakened immune systems along with pre-existing health conditions
The World Health Organization has published a policy brief. It...
- Apple and Google technology follows a decentralized approach
- Their platform is designed to offer more privacy
The coronavirus contact-tracing app of the U.K. will use Apple and Google’s technology. It marks a major U...
- The spread of the disease is not uniform across the population
- The disproportionate number of black, Asian and minority ethnic people are contracting the disease
The potential ability of vitamin D to reduce the risk of cor...
- The new wildlife-to-human diseases are emerging
- Leaders called for a green and healthy recovery from the Covid-19
According to leaders at the UN, WHO, and WWF International, pandemics such as coronavirus are the result of ...
- Use of the app is voluntary
- To ensure its effectiveness, virologists say 60% of Germans must download it
Germany launched a coronavirus warning app. The German government has appealed to its citizens to download the newly ...
- Once the safety data is available, researchers expect to publish the findings
- A viable vaccine could be made available in the first half of 2021
The scientists at Imperial College London developed a new coronavirus v...
- Globally, it will save countless lives
- Dexamethasone benefits severe cases
Dexamethasone, a drug, improved survival in coronavirus patients. It is a low-cost, widely used anti-inflammatory drug. After struggling with the p...
- The said condition is completely different from normal pneumonia, influenza or the SARS virus
- It explains the unique pathology of Covid-19
Prof Mauro Giacca of King’s College London said that Covid-19 can leave the ...
- Airlines have stopped or significantly reduced their flights
- It could take three to four years to come back to 2019 passenger volume levels
Passenger demand at London airport has dropped significantl...
- Germany will launch a contact-tracing app based on Bluetooth technology
- Italy has launched an app based on the Apple-Google model
To trace the contacts of coronavirus patients, European governments are rolling out apps. Ex...
- Use of face mask prevents infected cough droplets to reach uninfected persons
- It enables uninfected persons to avoid inhalation of the atmospheric particles carrying the virus
- Scientists used mathematical modeling to study the same
- It will be important to protect the economy
Currently, across Europe, many countries are lifting and relaxing COVID-19 lockdowns. However, there is no strategy behind...
- Compared to the previous month, the GDP fell by 20.4%
- Q1 GDP figures highlight the damage caused by the lockdown
According to the Office for National Statistics, in April, the U.K. observes the biggest monthly fall in GDP ...
- Italy opened its borders on June 3
- Bulgaria extended its state of emergency till the end of June
Amid the coronavirus crisis and the possibility of a second wave, few countries in Europe eases down on the tourism sector. A...
- The global food emergency could have long-term impacts
- The global recovery plan shall prioritize on sustainable food systems
The UN has warned that the world could face a severe food crisis. It has urged governments to act...
- Scientists said that they do not have all the answers yet
- Transmission cycle is composed of both symptomatic and asymptomatic individuals
The World Health Organization walked back comments made on Monday. It w...
- It applies to Facebook, Google, and Twitter
- They have signed up to an existing EU code of conduct on disinformation
For months world health leaders have warned about misleading information. It involves its origin, fake cur...
- Social distancing or lockdowns have helped to control the transmission because people were apart
- With the easing of these measures, the transmission could restart
The transmission of the coronavirus has been controlled by ...
- Business activity has observed a steep decline due to strict lockdowns and travel restrictions
- The effects will be long-lasting, recovery will be slow
The Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (...