Search result for Democrats
Olaf Scholz, the German Chancellor, loses his calm as the energy discussion heats up.
Following a heated debate over energy prices in Germany's lower chamber of parliament on Wednesday, German Chancellor Olaf Scholz lost his customary composure.
The main opposition party's leader, the head of the Christian Democrats (CDU), roiled the budget discussion by accusing...
Will increasing prices derail Biden's expectations for Democrats in the November elections
The White House attempted to temper expectations in the days leading up to the release of the US Labor Department's latest inflation data. Officials at the White House predicted that the March inflation rate would be "extraordinarily excessive" due to rising gas costs, which were mo...
The Democrats and The Republicans to Put up a Good Show in Texas Before the Elections in November
A challenge for re-election is being imposed on representative Dan Crenshaw, a former United States Navy SEAL, in a Texas district that now has potentially conservative and way more Trump voters than ever before.
The war that has always been between Republicans and Democrats in the Unit...
The Democrats Fight for Voting Rights
Democrats and Joe Biden are finding it more and more difficult to pass the priority legislation. However, they don’t plan to give up and will try again next year.
The democrats want to pass legislation for their expansion and are dependent on the attorney general for their protect...
Biden Urged to Meet Dalai Lama by US Congress Members
United States’ senators urge President Joe Biden to meet the spiritual leader, Dalai Lama, in India or send some other senior official as the aging man is unable to travel.
Members of the US Congress remind the president of their agenda to ensure Tibetans’ rights regardless ...
In German elections, Social Democrats party wins narrowly against Angela Merkel's party
- On Sunday, Social Democrats party won the national elections in Germany
- The Social Democrats won with 25.9% of the votes from 299 constituencies
Social Democrats party won the national election on Sunday in Germany. T...
HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES TO VOTE ON TWO IMMIGRATION BILLS
• The House of Representatives which is controlled by the Democrats is all set to vote on two immigration bills that would lay foundation for citizenship to several millions illegally living in the US
• According to the reports, the first immigration bill ...
DEMOCRAT LEADERS OF HONG KONG STILL VOW TO SERVE AS COUNCILLORS TILL LAST MOMENT
- Four Hong Kong supportive of majority rules system area councilors have promised to serve their areas till the last second after the public authority flagged that they will be removed once another vow taking law for public officials is passed
BIDEN: CANNOT FORGIVE $50,000 OFF STUDENT LOANS
• Democrats have always pushed for student loan forgiveness for years
• Biden takes a stand and no to forgivene...
US DEMOCRATS TURN DOWN A REPUBLICAN DEMAND TO SPLIT BIDEN'S $1.9 TRILLION RESCUE PLAN
• US Democrats turn down the demand made by Republicans regarding splitting $1.9 trillion COVID-19 rescue plan announced by the President Joe Biden into smaller chunks
• Democrats have said the sky-rocketing unemployment figures and crippling US economy ha...
US PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP HAS BEEN IMPEACHED FOR THE SECOND TIME
• The House voted 232-197 in order to impeach the incumbent President Donald J. Trump
• It was House Speaker Nancy Pelosi who invoked Abraham Lincoln and the Bible, imploring lawmakers to uphold their oath to safeguard the Constitution from all enemies...
PRESIDENT TRUMP SAYS SECOND IMPEACHMENT EFFORT IS A ‘WITCH HUNT'
• President Trump has called it a witch hunt and haven’t offered any regrets for inciting the mob attack on the Capitol last Wednesday
• This will be his first public appearance since the unfortunate incident as he is all set to travel to Alamo, Texa...
HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES TO VOTE ON IMPEACHMENT OF TRUMP THIS WEDNESDAY
• The article of impeachment which was co-written by Congressmen Ted Lieu, Jamie Raskin and David Cicilline was presented on Monday
• This article charges the incumbent with a count of incitement of insurrection for his actions on the day his supporters ca...
HONG KONG DEMOCRATS RELEASED AFTER MASS ARRESTS SAID THE CITY IS DISTANCING FROM ONE COUNTRY, TWO SYSTEMS FRAMEWORK
- Previous Democratic Party pioneer Wu Chi-wai, one of a gathering of 53 captured early Wednesday in an activity that started global judgment, stays in guardianship
Activists Joshua Wong and Tam Tak-chi, who are as of now in authority,...
MASS DEMOCRATS ARRESTED IN HONG KONG FOR 2020 LEGISLATIVE PRIMARY ELECTIONS
- Police say 53 Hong Kong activists were captured on Wednesday morning for supposed infringement of the public security law
As per media reports and online media posts, the resistance figures were captured over their association and in...
GEORGIA’S FIRST RUNOFF GOES TO DEMOCRATS
• Reverend Raphael Warnock made history by emerging victorious after the nine-week runoff campaign as he is third African American to win a Senate seat from the South
• Talking to his supporters in a live stream, Warnock said “I promise you this toni...
U.S. HOUSE LEGISLATORS PASS BILL TO DECRIMINALISE MARIJUANA
• This bill takes out marijuana from the federal Controlled Substances Act, which termed it as dangerous narcotic and mandated tough penalities similar to cocaine and heroine
• The Democratic-controlled House of Representatives was successful in passing th...
SEVERAL DEMOCRACY LEGISLATORS ARE BEHIND BARS IN HONG KONG
- A politically driven arrest trail by the mainland government
Ted Hui, a Democratic Party leader, is the eighth democrat arrested in continuation since Sunday in association with a disordered session at the Hong Kong Legislative Counc...
U.S. ECONOMY: ANOTHER STIMULUS LIKELY BEFORE THE PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION
• Michael Cuggino said that if they can strike something that’s reasonable on both sides, then the country does have a good chance to get something done before the election, or right after, which would benefit both parties and the general economy
U.S. STOCKS SLUMP AGAIN, S&P 500 HEAD TOWARDS FOURTH WEEK OF LOSSES
• The Dow Jones Industrial Average index slumped 0.2 percent on Friday morning, while the broader S&P 500 index also fell 0.2 percent continuing to post losses for fourth consecutive week
• According to the statement issued by the Commerce Department o...