Search result for Earthquake
• According to the United States Geological Survey, Sedgwick County, Kansas felt tremors of the quake, which was recorded at 3.8 magnitude at 5.04 a.m.
• The quake recorded on December 30 is one of the biggest of those 15 earthquakes as it surpassed ...
- Approval of safety measure by Japan Govt. over Oi nuclear plant nullified by court.
- Two reactors at Kansai Electric Power Co. claimed to be vulnerable to a major earthquake.
- The Osaka District Court ruled in favour of abo...
• An earthquake of magnitude 5.1 occurred near Mina, Nevada hitting at 11:32 p.m. local time at a depth of 5 kilometers stated the United States Geological Survey (USGS)
• As per the reports, this earthquake was Nevada’s largest since 1954 and its tr...
• According to the U.S. Geological Survey, an earthquake of magnitude 2.6 had struck around 9 miles from Stanley on Sunday followed by many more temblors
• The U.S. Geological Survey said magnitude measures the energy released at the source of the earthqua...
- A local woman from Kumamoto prefecture donates $950,000 for Kumamoto Castle.
- The money is for the restoration of the damaged earthquake hit the castle in the year 2016.
- The woman is 86 year-old and made the donation on No...
- An earthquake of 7.0 magnitude with 196 aftershocks which have occurred in Turkey and Greece
- The earthquake has killed 26 people and more than 700 people have been injured in Greece and Turkey
On Friday, At least 26 peopl...
• According to the Alaska Earthquake Center, the center of the earthquake was located about 19 miles east of Anchorage in Chugach State Park, at a depth of 11.2 miles
• The tremors of this earthquake were felt in Girdwood, Eagle River, Anchorage, Chugiak, ...
• Minutes after an earthquake of magnitude 3.5 struck near Westmorland, another 4.3 magnitude earthquake has been reported from the same area
• According to the United States Geological Survey (USGS), a preliminary earthquake of magnitude 3.52 was reported...
• The first earthquake of magnitude 2.7 was recorded at 8:16 a.m., while the most powerful in the series was felt at 9:02 a.m. and the remaining two quakes of magnitude 3.0 and 1.3 were also felt in between those two
• This is not the first time that the r...
- Yoshihide Suga took his first official trip to Fukushima nuclear power plant.
- He has vowed to start with reconstruction for areas devastated by the 2011 earthquake and tsunami.
- During the disaster, around 15,900 people d...
• According to a report by the US Geological Survey, the earthquake was recorded at 11:39 p.m. two miles west of El Monte and ten miles from Los Angeles
• The Los Angeles Fire Department (LAFD) immediately issued a warning for the people to prepare for aft...
• Google shall be working with Geological Survey of US on a project to develop the tool
• This might give families enough time to brace for the quake
• According to the National Center for Seismology, an earthquake of magnitude 3.8 on the Richter Scale struck 73km West South-West (WSW) of Behrampur at 7:30 am on Saturday
• People residing in the area felt tremors and ran out of their houses, fortunately...
• The epicenter of this earthquake was located 7 kilometers in east-south-east of Bharuch town
• No loss of life or property was reported in the quake said the District Collector of Bharuch, Dr MD Modiya
• The tremor was recorded at 5:20 p.m...
- Alaska experiences a powerful earthquake along with tsunami warning
- People in southern Alaska, the Alaska Peninsula and the Aleutian islands evacuate and go to higher grounds
An earthquake of 7.8 magnitudes hit the Alaska Peninsula ...
• The Chief Minister of Gujarat Vijay Rupani called the district collectors of Rajkot, Surendranagar and Amreli to access the situation
• Previously on July 5, an earthquake of 4.2 magnitude was recorded in Kutch district, Gujarat
• Two earthquakes were recorded in two consecutive days of magnitude 5.5 and 5.1 on the Richter scale
• The Prime Minister Narendra Modi spoke with the Chief Minister of Mizoram Zoramthanga and assured him all possible health from the Centre
• Earlier on Saturday, earthquake of 4.3 magnitude was reported in Bikaner
• The reason behind earthquake was movements in the ground plates in the Aravalli ranges
• The intensity of the earthquake recorded on Sunday was of 5.5 magnitude...
• Delhi is placed on Fault IV in the list of zones defined by seismic activities
• Geologists have predicted an earthquake of higher magnitude in coming days
• According to the experts, most of the constructions in Delhi are not up to the st...
The region of Delhi-NCR was left terrified after feeling tremors for almost 10 seconds on Friday late evening courtesy of two earthquakes that hit Haryana's Rohtak. Luckily, nothing has been reported in terms of casualties or any loss of property.
According to the National Centre for S...