Search result for Federal Reserve
The Federal Reserve is indicating that it intends to maintain higher interest rates for longer.
In a new report released on Thursday by Freddie Mac, the average interest rate on 30-year mortgages increased to 5.89%, the highest level since 2008.
The increase follows a time dur...
On Friday's Asian stock market action was uneven ahead of U.S. jobs data that could support Federal Reserve plans for larger interest rate increases to curb rising inflation.
Seoul, Tokyo, and Hong Kong all withdrew as Shanghai moved forward. Over $1.50 per barrel was added to the p...
• The authors wrote in the study, unlike what was predicted, our results may represent an optimistic update to views about pandemic-related business failure
• The chair of Federal Reserve Jerome Powell has said that the US economy is all set to witness a b...
1. According to Federal Reserve data released on Thursday, the jump of 2.7 percent in output comes after a downwardly revised 3.7% decline in February
2. The numbers for March was lower than forecast courtesy of automakers as they continued to deal with the shortages o...
• Speaking to CBS' 60 Minutes, chair Jerome Powell said that he is not expecting to raise the Fed’s benchmark interest rate, which at present is pegged at around zero
• The Fed is keenly studying the development of a digital dollar, but has not y...
• Fed Chair Jerome Powell expects a greater likelihood the strong US rebound from the COVID-19 will also help jump-start nations that are still struggling to achieve normalcy
• Fed Chief’s comments came as he was asked about sharply contrasting outlo...
- TSE broader Topix index ends high on Thursday.
- The Topix index of all First Section issues on the TSE ended up 24.48 points.
- Nikkei Stock Average was up 302.42 points.
- Stocks gained in the bank, securities hou...
• The Fed said “The severe winter weather in the south central region of the country in mid-February accounted for the bulk of the declines in output for the month.”
• The report said along with the industrial production, the manufacturing outp...
- Tokyo stocks trade low on Friday over rising U.S bond yields.
- The 225-issue Nikkei Stock Average ended at 571 points.
- Topix index of all First Section issues on the TSE was down 20.55 points.
- Stocks declined in...
- Tokyo stocks rebound on Thursday over U.S central banks chief’s comments.
- The 225-issue Nikkei Stock Average was up 498.57 points.
- The broader Topix index of all First Section issues on the TSE ended 23.16 points.
• According to the forecast made by Dallas Federal Reserve President Robert Kaplan, the United States GDP (Gross Domestic Product) is all set to grow 5 percent and this could be an underestimate
• Kaplan told the Garland Chamber of Commerce later on Monday...
• Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond President Thomas Barkin said despite number of new COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations going up, the U.S. economy seems to be holding up
• Talking about the Fed's contribution in revival of the U.S. economy, Barkin sa...
• Janet Yellen is all set to become the first person to head the Treasury, the Fed and the White House Council of Economic Advisers
• Yellen is one of those rare personalities who is being respected by Congress, international finance officials, progressive...
• The lawmakers in the country should redirect unspent stimulus funding, including money withdrawn from the Federal Reserve said Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin
• Mnuchin said “I hope that Congress will seriously consider reallocating $580 billion ...
• The impact of the third wave of COVID-19 cases in the United States was immediately visible on consumer spending as the retail sales surged at the slowest pace in six months
• According to the report published by the Commerce Department, the value of tot...
• Speaking in an online discussion with the Bay Area Council, Powell said “We’re seeing states begin to impose some activity restrictions.”
• This statement from Powell comes at a time when the retail sales in the U.S. surged only 0.3 per...
• Talking about the U.S. economy, Williams said though it is recovering and on a positive trajectory, but is still in a deep hole and a rise in coronavirus infections could slow growth
• Williams said “The very large rise in COVID cases recently clea...
• Powell said “We do see the economy continuing on a solid path of recovery, but the main risk we see to that is clearly the further spread of the disease here in the United States.”
• Powell made these comments at a virtual conference hosted b...
• Harker said “The economy will not grow unless we bring people up from the lower-skilled jobs into the middle class.”
• The U.S. economy has been massively dented by the COVID-19 pandemic and this is likely to result in the permanent decline o...
• “Economic activity and employment have continued to recover but remain well below their levels at the beginning of the year” said the Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC)
• No changes were made to the monthly purchases by the Fed officials an...