Search result for Federal Reserve
• Robert Kaplan, President of Dallas Federal Reserve Bank said though the U.S. economy will contract 2.5 percent this year, it will definitely grow a strong 3.5 percent next year
• Speaking in an online event organised by the Houston Hispanic Chamber of Co...
• According to a recently given statement by the U.S. Federal Reserve Chair Jerome Powell on development of a cross-border digital currency, it is more important for the United States to get it right than be first
• Powell said in addition to assessing the...
• Clarida said that it will take some time to return to the levels of economic activity and employment that prevailed at the business cycle peak in February, and additional support from monetary and likely fiscal, policy will be needed
• Clarida’s re...
• Clarida on Wednesday said the COVID-19 recession threw the economy into a very deep hole and it will take some time, perhaps another year, for the level of GDP to fully recover to its previous 2019 peak
• US GDP slumped at its fastest pace in the second ...
• The decision taken by the U.S. Federal Reserve to keep interest rates at zero until 2021 is appropriate for now said San Francisco Fed President Mary Daly
• The situation seems unfair and another example of Wall Street winning and Main Street losing said...
• According to the Federal Reserve, Citigroup has failed in various areas of risk management and internal controls that include data management, capital planning and regulatory reporting
• This fine was the punishment for Citigroup's long standing fail...
• The US economy is improving but has a long way to go before a full recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic stated Federal Reserve Chair Jerome Powell
• Powell said both employment and overall economic activity, however, remain well below their pre-pandemic l...
- Tokyo stocks fell on Thursday as U.S Federal Reserve indicated interest rates to stay low.
- 225-issue Nikkei Stock Average ended down by 156.16 points.
- Topix index finished at 5.95 points.
- Stock issues declined ...
• The country’s GDP (Gross Domestic Product) is expected to recover to pre pandemic levels by quarter 2 of 2021
• The Federal Reserve had recently announced its policies of targeting higher inflation in the U.S. economy, which some experts feared wou...
• The Dow Jones Industrial Average index went up by 212 points or 0.8 percent, while the S&P 500 surged 0.4 percent continuing the rally in the fourth consecutive session
• The tech-heavy Nasdaq Composite Index fell less than 0.1 percent in the first t...
• The industrial production growth rate went up by 6.1 percent month of June and by 3.5 percent in July
• Despite gains over the summer, industrial production stays 7.3 percent where it was pre-COVID
After bouncing back strongly in the months of ...
• The report made by the Federal Reserve states that the rebound in the economy is uneven
• This report was made on the basis of a survey conducted in Fed’s 12 districts from July till August 24
• Despite boost in the economy, the gain...
• As per the data, the month of August was the best for stocks compared to last few years
• Stocks of Amazon and Google started Wednesday’s trading at a new record high, while the Apple and Tesla saw a sharp decline
• Traders and inves...
- Investors are no more worried as stocks are on a bull run amid pandemic.
- Goldman Sachs, UBS Global Wealth Management and Morgan Stanley are urging clients to remain exposed to equities.
- Monetary support from the Federal ...
- The rise in cases has increased dangers to the economy
- On an annualized basis, it slumped nearly 33% in the second quarter
On Wednesday, Loretta Mester called for more help from Congress. She said that the central bank sta...
- It shall return to its pre-pandemic level by the end of 2021
- A rebound in economic activity will be observed in third-quarter data
On Wednesday, Richard Clarida said that he expects the economy to continue to recover throu...
- South Korea's stock market has surged to the highest since October 2018 in early trade on strong foreign investor buying.
- The benchmark KOSPI has added 4.43 points which are equivalent to 0.20% and stood at 2,267.59.
- It was originally set to expire on September 30
- It will now be stretched to December 31
On Tuesday, the Federal Reserve said that it is extending its menu of lending programs. It will be till the end of 2020. It is for bus...
- U.S Federal Reserve will start corporate bond-buying to control economic damage.
- The European stock index remains steady on Tuesday due to the same.
- The Federal Reserve will purchase bonds through SMCCF.
- Euro S...
- European shares suffered extensive losses in the stock market.
- U.S Federal Reserve economic outlook and second wave of COVID-19 cases triggered the market.
- The pan-European STOXX 600 fell 4.1%.
- Automobile stock...