Search result for Fukushima
On Friday, a UN human rights expert encouraged the Japanese government to do more to help those who fled the nuclear disaster at the Fukushima plant, whether they were forced to do so or not. This support should include housing, employment, and other necessities.
- US removes import restrictions over 100 agricultural products from Japan
- US has suspended these restrictions from 14 prefectures including Fukushima prefecture
The US had restricted the import of over 100 agricultural...
- NRA says 31 highly radioactive sediment containers exceeded lifespans.
- TEPCO has said it will start the contents to new containers in August.
- Contaminated water is treated by filtering at a multi-nuclide removal facility ...
- Mihama nuclear plant to begin full operation on June.
- Kansai Electric Power Co. will load nuclear fuel into the No. 3 unit at the Mihama plant.
- In 2016, Mihama plant was given approval to operate beyond the 40-year limit ...
- Northeastern Japan hit by M6.8 earthquake; no tsunami alert.
- The earthquake was recorded off the coast of Miyagi Prefecture about 51 kilometers below sea level.
- Fukushima Daiichi and Daini nuclear power plants reported no...
- Japan’s nuclear regulator bans TEPCO from restarting its plant.
- TEPCO has been barred from transporting nuclear fuel stored at the Kashiwazaki-Kariwa plant in Niigata Prefecture.
- The corrective measure is expected ...
- Japan govt. is expected to release radioactive wastewater into the sea.
- The fishing industry has however repeatedly opposed to the idea.
- The decision for the same is expected to be made in the near future at a meeting of ...
- Tokyo High Court orders govt. & TEPCO to pay damages for nuclear crisis.
- Japan govt. and TEPCO is to pay $2.63 million to people who had to evacuate their hometowns.
- This is the 3rd high court ruling among 30 other la...
- Tokyo Olympics torch relay to start in 3 months.
- The relay will involve around 10,000 runners and tens of thousands of officials.
- The relay is said to last for 121 days and pass through 859 municipalities.
- The ...
- Approval of safety measure by Japan Govt. over Oi nuclear plant nullified by court.
- Two reactors at Kansai Electric Power Co. claimed to be vulnerable to a major earthquake.
- The Osaka District Court ruled in favour of abo...
- Japan’s Social Democratic Party to split and join CDPJ.
- SDP will allow its parliament and local assembly members to leave the party.
- SDP chief Mizuho Fukushima is said to stay with the party.
- Kantoku Teru...
- Decision to release Fukushima Nuclear Plant’s treated water currently put off.
- The earlier decision to do so triggered strong opposition from fishermen.
- Japan’s Economy, Trade and Industry Minister mentioned ...
- Treated radioactive water from Fukushima plant ready to be released into the sea.
- Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant was affected by the earthquake and tsunami in 2011.
- An official decision on releasing of water will b...
- Japan government to review targets for reduction of CO2 emissions for fiscal 2030.
- The government has launched discussions on possible energy mixes to reduce CO2 emissions.
- The Minister of economy, trade, and ministry has...
- TEPCO ordered to pay $9.5 million in damages for the Fukushima disaster.
- The Sendai High Court announced the same.
- The high court has also found the state responsible for the incident and needs to pay damages.
- Torch relay for Tokyo Olympic to begin on March 25 in Fukushima prefecture.
- The relay will start from the J-Village soccer training center and last for 121 days.
- Around 10,000 runners are selected for the nationwide relay...
- Yoshihide Suga took his first official trip to Fukushima nuclear power plant.
- He has vowed to start with reconstruction for areas devastated by the 2011 earthquake and tsunami.
- During the disaster, around 15,900 people d...
- Japan effectively report lower imports of fuel to power nuclear plants.
- The country hardly imported any such fuel last year.
- Stricter safety measures have been imposed on nuclear plant operators after the 2011 Fukushima ...
- The gas company had notified the Fukushima restaurant to fix the rusty pipe.
- The gas leak has been suspected as the cause of the deadly explosion in the city last week.
- The operator did not replace the gas pipe after bein...
- Explosion at a restaurant in Fukushima prefecture; gas leak suspected.
- One found dead, while 18 others were injured.
- The hot pot restaurant was temporarily closed due to COVID-19 and was undergoing renovation.