Search result for JAPAN GOVERNMENT
- Japan raised its aim to reduce greenhouse gas emissions by 40%.
- The govt. has initially targeted to slash emissions by 26% by 2030.
- The govt. also plans to increase the use of natural gas power plants.
- The govt...
- Britain’s CVC Capital likely to buyout Toshiba Corp. in a private deal.
- The terms of the deal will be discussed between the two companies and also the government.
- Toshiba received the initial proposal by CVC on Tues...
- Japan adds 3 new countries under border controls for COVID-19.
- Border controls on travellers from Spain, Finland and Ontario has been added to the list.
- The travellers from these areas will have to undergo quarantine once...
- Resurge in COVID-19 cases in Europe leads Tokyo stocks to end low.
- The 225-issue Nikkei Stock Average closed down 590.40 points.
- The broader Topix index of all First Section issues on the TSE finished 42.90 points. ...
- Japan’s suicide rate among school children increased the most in 2020.
- In 2020 number of suicides among school children came up to 499.
- The rate of suicide was far higher among high school girls, i.e 140.
- Japan’s CPI falls by 0.4 percent in February 2021.
- Nationwide core consumer prices declined 0.6 percent in January.
- Electricity and gas bills sagged 7.8 percent and 6.2 percent in February 2021.
- Gasoline prices ...
- Household assets in Japan rose by 2.8 percent at end of December.
- Japanese households’ cash and deposits rose by 4.8 percent.
- The household assets held in securities were up 0.7 percent at 198 trillion yen. <...
- Japan likely to issue COVID-19 vaccination certificates for general public.
- The call for certification comes for developing systems to ensure people can travel safely again.
- The certificates if issued can be processed th...
- Brewers in Japan to display alcohol content in drinks by grams.
- The Japanese govt. plans to ask the liquor industry to display how much alcohol is actually contained in products.
- The request is part of the government'...
- Japan telecom company NTT Docomo lowers its 20 GB plan to $25.
- The plan is supposedly the cheapest among similar plans offered by 3 other telecom companies.
- The company will start offering the discounted plan named &ldquo...
- Pfizer Inc.’s third batch of COVID-19 vaccine reaches Japan.
- The country will receive up to 2.66 million doses in March alone.
- The vaccine will be transported and stored at conventional freezer temperatures. ...
- Japan and U. S agree to maintain Tokyo’s costs for U.S forces.
- Both the countries signed an agreement to maintain the costs for fiscal 2021.
- Japan is said to spend $1.9 billion starting April as the so-called host n...
- Japan announces 2nd batch of Pfizer’s COVID-19 vaccine to arrive on Sunday.
- Taro Kono, the minister responsible for vaccination efforts announced the same.
- As of Thursday, around 611 people have been vaccinated acro...
- Foreign visitors in Japan fall by 98.3% in January 2020 amid pandemic.
- Visitors from Vietnam made up almost half of the arrivals at 20,000 in January.
- Visitors from China came in second, followed by South Korea.
- Tokyo stocks end low on Wednesday over investor gains.
- The 225-issue Nikkei Stock Average ended down at 175.56 points.
- The broader Topix index of all First Section issues on the TSE ended 3.59 points.
- Stock iss...
- Japan receives its 1st COVID-19 vaccines from Pfizer Inc.
- The vaccines are likely to be approved for domestic use on Sunday.
- Inoculations in Japan will begin on Wednesday if the approval is kept on schedule.
- Japan falls short of special syringes for Pfizer’s COVID1-9 vaccine.
- The country will be unable to inoculate its people with Pfizer’s vaccine as planned.
- Japan is likely to revise the number of doses from Pfiz...
- Japan Govt. reports travel surplus to shrink 79.2 percent amid pandemic.
- Japan's travel balance in 2020 logged black ink in 2020.
- The primary income balance showed a surplus of 20.72 trillion yen.
- Imports d...
- Japan’s industrial output in 2020 dropped lowest by 10.1 percent.
- The government’s seasonally adjusted index of output at factories and mines stood at 90.9.
- In December 2020, the index fell 1.6 percent to 93....
- Bank of Japan’s unrealized profit from ETF stands at around $125 billion.
- BOJ's ETF buying is reportedly aimed at supporting the economy.
- The country's core consumer price index fell 1.0 percent in December ...