Search result for JAPAN NEWS
- Japanese media asks U.S Govt. to reconsider changes to Visa rules for foreign journalists.
- The name of the association is - Japan Newspaper Publishers & Editors Association.
- The association submitted its request to th...
- BOJ reports fall in wholesale prices for the month of September.
- The price of goods traded between companies fell again.
- Prices of petroleum and coal products fell by 13.9 percent.
- Import prices dropped by 10.1...
- Japan will make online COVID-19 questionnaire for travelers entering the country.
- The questionnaire will have to be filled out to streamline the immigration control process.
- The questionnaire will be handed out to travele...
- Yoshihide Suga took his first official trip to Fukushima nuclear power plant.
- He has vowed to start with reconstruction for areas devastated by the 2011 earthquake and tsunami.
- During the disaster, around 15,900 people d...
- A woman from Sendai region seeks damages for sexual assault from Catholic Church.
- A lawsuit was filed against the Sendai Catholic Diocese and a bishop, among others.
- An amount of around $484,000 is sought as damages.
- Cyclist traffic violations are on a rise in Japan.
- Amid pandemic, people are turning more into using bicycles.
- Traffic violations reached around 12,839 in the first half of the year.
- Many are said to be making...
- Japan police charges a woman over the death of her two daughters.
- The two small daughters aged 6 and 3 died in a parked car due to heatstroke.
- The woman is said to have left her car at a parking lot in Takamatsu, Kagawa ...
- Japan premier asks telecommunications minister to achieve lower mobile phone fees.
- Takeda is aiming for a considerable cut in the same along with the government.
- Heavy mobile data usage in Tokyo of 8,175 yen ($78) for 20 ...
- Criminal suit filed against student in Central Japan for selling fake stimulant drugs.
- The university student is under suspicion for posting ads on social media about selling drugs.
- He is said to have been selling drugs ...
- Tokyo stocks remain flat on Friday morning.
- Buybacks are on halt as the yen rises.
- 225-issue Nikkei Stock Average rose by 6.63 points.
- Topix index was up by 3.61 points.
With the rise in yen, ...
- Yoshihide Suga joins work as Japan’s new Prime Minister on Thursday.
- Suga on Wednesday launched the new leadership positions in the Cabinet.
- He is said to appoint senior vice ministers and parliamentary vice minist...
- Chairman of Japan Business Federation hopeful for economic reforms under Suga’s leadership.
- Several business leaders mentioned keeping their belief in the new Cabinet.
- PM Yoshihide Suga has pledged to continue &lsq...
- Sony’s PlayStation 5 video game console to launch in Nov.12, costs $500.
- The new consoles promise faster load times, better graphics, and new games.
- The new Sony PS5 is said to come in two different models. ...
- Tokyo stocks fell on Thursday as U.S Federal Reserve indicated interest rates to stay low.
- 225-issue Nikkei Stock Average ended down by 156.16 points.
- Topix index finished at 5.95 points.
- Stock issues declined ...
- Bank of Japan maintained its ultraloose monetary policy in its two-day meeting.
- The central bank however gave a slightly better assessment of the economy.
- The central bank maintained short-term interest rates at minus 0.1...
- Seibu Lions wins against Lotte Marines on Wednesday’s Pacific League match.
- Rookie Shota Hamaya’s run over six innings and Takumi Kuriyama’s two runs led to Seibu Lions win.
- Seibu Lions won by 3-1 over ...
- Nara Medical University finds tannins from persimmon effective in weakening coronavirus.
- The results have been found by a research group from the University.
- Clinical trials with tannins will be done to check its effecti...
- Yoshihide Suga’s wife Mariko Suga gave her first public speech in Yokohama.
- The new first lady thanked the people of Yokohama for the support towards Suga.
- Speculations suggest that Mariko may shrink back from dipl...
- Bank of Japan began policy meeting to discuss country’s current monetary measures.
- BOJ is likely to maintain its ultraeasy monetary policy.
- BOJ expects the country’s economy to shrink by 4.7 percent more. ...
- Tokyo stocks ended flat on Wednesday.
- 225-issue Nikkei Stock Average rose by 32.56 points.
- Topix index was up by 5.39 points.
- NTT Docomo advanced 63.50 yen, or 2.3 percent, to 2,801.50 yen.