Search result for JAPAN POLITICS
- Yoshihide Suga to have his first talks as new Japan PM with Vladamir Putin.
- Japan and Russia’s country PM and President respectively will hold talks on Tuesday.
- The countries wish to continue their commitment towar...
- LDP Japan’s lawmaker makes a controversial remark against victims of sexual assault.
- The LDP lower house member’s name is Mio Sugita.
- Journalist Shiro Ito selected as one of the world’s 100 most Influent...
- Opposition parties demand for a parliamentary debate from new Japan premier.
- The opposition wants to discuss the country’s degrading economy and novel coronavirus.
- Japanese Communist Party Kazuo Shii criticized Sug...
- Yoshihide Suga joins work as Japan’s new Prime Minister on Thursday.
- Suga on Wednesday launched the new leadership positions in the Cabinet.
- He is said to appoint senior vice ministers and parliamentary vice minist...
- Japan’s new Prime Minister elected; Yoshihide Suga leader of LDP.
- In an extraordinary diet session on Wednesday, Suga was formally announced as the country’s premier.
- Suga mentioned his immediate focus would ...
- The new Japanese merger opposition party was formally launched on Tuesday.
- The new party will be headed by Yukio Edano.
- The new party will have 150 members.
- Edano’s policy reforms include reducing the in...
- Japanese Finance Minister Aso asks to consider holding an early general election.
- Aso also holds a double position being the deputy prime minister.
- Suga has not commented anything about the speculation of an early electi...
- Yoshihide Suga considering appointing Katsunobu Kato as the Chief Cabinet Secretary.
- Foreign Minister Toshimitsu Motegi and Finance Minister Taro Aso will keep their jobs.
- Suga is set to be named as the next Prime Minist...
- The new president of LDP Yoshihide Suga to reshuffle its leadership.
- Toshihiro Nikai would be the Secretary-General, Hakuban Shimomura as policy chief; among few.
- Tsutomu Sato is now the chairman of the General Council.<...
- Tetsuro Fukuyama of CDPJ to be No. 2 of the biggest merger opposition party.
- Yukio Edano was elected as the chief of the new opposition party last week.
- Hirofumi Hirano from DPFP has been selected to become the election ...
- Yoshihide Suga elected as the new president of ruling Liberal Democratic Party.
- He is not set on course to become Japan’s next Prime Minister later this week.
- Yoshihide Suga received 377 votes.
- The new P...
- New leader of Japan’s largest opposition party elected; Yukio Edano.
- He was named as the new leader on Thursday.
- Edano is the current leader of the Constitutional Democratic Party of Japan.
- Edano beat De...
- Japan’s major opposition merger political party CDPJ and DPFP to choose new leader.
- The election is between two – Yukio Edano (CDPJ), and Kenta Izumi (DPFP).
- 149 members will be joining the new party. ...
- Japan’s former Defense Minister Shigeru Ishiba vows for decentralization and better ties with Asia.
- Shigeru Ishiba is one of the candidates running for the Presidency election for the ruling LDP.
- He also aims at be...
- Yoshihide Suga being favoured as the next Japanese premier.
- Suga is considered the right-hand man of Abe.
- He is also seeking to be the next president of the ruling Liberal Democratic Party.
- Suga has vowed to de...
- Yoshihide Suga emerging as front-runner to become the next President of the LDP.
- Suga is expected to announce his candidacy on Wednesday.
- On Sept. 8 the race to become Abe’s successor will start off.
- Shinzo Abe discussed his resignation with the U.S and Russian President on separate calls.
- The former Prime Minister also touched upon a few issues involving the countries that were unresolved.
- Abe is said to have had a ...
- Shinzo Abe’s foreign policies likely to be continued by upcoming successor.
- The former Prime Minister had announced his resignation from the role on Friday.
- The upcoming presidential election of LDP will carry on t...
- Former Defense Chief Shigeru Ishiba popular choice to be the next Prime Minister of Japan.
- Kyodo News conducted an independent survey for the potential candidates for the same.
- It was a two day survey conducted since Satu...
- Yoshihide Suga intends to become Shinzo Abe’s successor for the Prime Minister role.
- Suga has been the top government spokesman since Abe’s return in late 2012.
- Suga intends to run for the Liberal Democratic ...