Search result for JAPAN PRIME MINISTER
- Japan Govt. to aim for ban sales of gasoline-only cars by mid-2030s.
- Japan aims to promote all-electric, fuel cell, gasoline-electric, and plug-in hybrid cars.
- In 2019, the domestic sale of lower-or-zero-emissions cars, i...
- NTT Docomo after Japanese govt. requests to cut mobile phone fees.
- The company will become the first to do so among major carriers.
- The company plans to offers 20 GB monthly plans at 3,000 yen.
- Rival companies ...
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries and JAXA operated H2A rocket launches on Sunday.
- The Japan government-operated satellite was also launched in the rocket.
- The other satellite launched in the rocket is operated by JAXA per se.<...
- Japan plans to not accept China’s proposals over the Senkaku islands.
- Chinese Foreign Minister proposed to keep fishing boats away from both countries at the disputed islands.
- China also proposed to have government ...
- Japanese government plans to abolish the cap on income for fertility treatment.
- The cap in order to qualify for subsidies, a couple’s combined annual income is currently set at 7.3 million yen.
- Japan’s current...
- ‘Go To Travel’ subsidy program to be suspended in areas with rising COVID-19 cases.
- Japan has been recording more than 2,500 new daily COVID-19 cases.
- Suga has asked prefectural governors to consider stopping ...
- Despite the resurgence of COVID-19 in Japan, ‘Go To Travel’ campaign to continue.
- Prime Minister Yoshihide Suga announced the same on Friday.
- The country recorded around 2,385 new COVID-19 cases on Thursday.
- Japan to push for a wider free trade pact among 21 APEC members.
- Japan and 14 other Asian neighbors on Sunday signed the APEC free trade agreement.
- On late Friday Malaysia hosted a virtual meeting of APEC leaders. ...
- Japan on ‘maximum alert’ after recording an average of 2,000 cases per day.
- The Prime Minister of Japan announced the alert on Thursday.
- The Tokyo metropolitan government is also expected to raise its virus al...
- Local Municipal authorities in Japan cannot keep up with ‘My Number’ ID applications.
- Over 5 million people have been unable to receive ‘My Number’ ID cards.
- The Japanese govt. reported to have rec...
- Japan PM and IOC Chief meet; Tokyo Olympics to held as planned next summer.
- IOC chief Thomas Bach is on a four-day visit to Tokyo since Sunday.
- Bach is also scheduled to meet former Japan Prime Minister Shinzo Abe. ...
- Toshiba Corp. to stop taking orders for coal-fired power plants.
- The company is planning to shift its focus to renewable energy.
- The company plans to invest around 160 billion yen by fiscal 2022 in renewable energy. ...
- Japanese govt. plans to support the development of batteries for electric vehicles.
- An action plan for the same is said to be compiled by the end of this year.
- Prime Minister of Japan has pledged to cut greenhouse ga...
- Suga vows in making Tokyo Olympics and Paralympics safe for foreign visitors.
- Suga gave a virtual speech at the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development conference.
- The Olympics and Paralympics were postponed...
- Bill to offer free COVID-19 vaccine approved by the Japanese government.
- PM of Japan has initially pledged to secure COVID-19 vaccines for all people in the country.
- The Japanese government has made a budget of 671.4 bill...
- Yoshihide Suga vowed to cut down greenhouse-gas emissions by 2050.
- The Prime Minister will include the pledge in the upcoming diet session.
- Japan expects to cut down emissions to net-zero.
- The current emission...
- Yoshihide Suga arrived in Indonesia; will be meeting President Widodo.
- Will talk about economic cooperation and strengthening security ties.
- Suga left Hanoi in the morning where he met Vietnam Prime Minister.
- Japan will hold an extraordinary parliament session next Monday.
- Japan’s Chief Cabinet Secretary Katsunobu Kato announced the same.
- The major opposition party also called for questioning Kazuhiro Sugita.
- A temple in Tokyo held ‘memorial service’ for ‘hanko’ seals discarded by companies.
- Around 50 ‘hanko’ seals that were discarded by companies due to the digitalization move.
- Holding &ls...
- Japan and Vietnam PM meet; discussion on economy and defense begins.
- Suga is reported to promote ‘free and open Indo-Pacific’ agenda in the meeting.
- Phuc called Japan a long-term and trustworthy stra...