Search result for JAPAN PRIME MINISTER
- Japan PM asks Pfizer Inc. to provide additional supplies of vaccine.
- Suga made the request to Pfizer CEO Albert Bourla in a telephone conversation.
- The govt. will expand tougher COVID-19 restrictions next week to all thre...
- China tells U.S, Japan to take their concerns & demands seriously.
- Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson Zhao Lijian expressed the serious concerns.
- Zhao mentioned the countries to avoid words and actions that interfe...
- Japan raised its aim to reduce greenhouse gas emissions by 40%.
- The govt. has initially targeted to slash emissions by 26% by 2030.
- The govt. also plans to increase the use of natural gas power plants.
- The govt...
- Japan govt. likely to decide on COVID-19 state of emergency situation.
- The decision may be made on Thursday whether to stick to the emergency or end it.
- Prime Minister Suga is set to have a meeting with his Cabinet members to d...
- Japan telecom company NTT Docomo lowers its 20 GB plan to $25.
- The plan is supposedly the cheapest among similar plans offered by 3 other telecom companies.
- The company will start offering the discounted plan named &ldquo...
- Japan Govt. has decided to extend the state of emergency until March 7.
- Hospitals in the country continue to remain under pressure to surge in patients.
- Tochigi prefecture will be removed from the state of emergency as th...
- Japan conducted the year’s ordinary parliamentary session; PM gave a policy speech.
- PM Suga vowed to bring the coronavirus situation under control in the country.
- The country is said to continue to host the Tokyo Ol...
- Japan govt. suspends entry of all non-resident foreign nationals.
- The measure has been taken in an effort to curb the spread of the novel coronavirus.
- Japanese and resident foreigners will require signing a pledge upon ar...
- BOJ Governor suggests country’s economy severe and recovery be moderate.
- Later in the day, BOJ is scheduled to release its quarterly Sakura report on regional economies.
- BOJ Governor Kuroda said the consumer price i...
- 7 additional prefectures to be added under Japan’s state of emergency order.
- Tochigi, Gifu, Hyogo, Kyoto, Fukuoka, Osaka, and Aichi prefectures will be the newly added prefectures.
- Declaration of a state of emergenc...
- Yoshihide Suga vows to bring COVID-19 under control; push forward with Olympics.
- Suga in his New Year’s speech thanked frontline health care workers for working to fight the coronavirus.
- Currently, the Tokyo Olympic...
- Japan PM attends large dinner party with celebrities; forgoes COVID-19 protocol.
- Japan has suspended ‘Go To Travel’ campaign nationwide due to surging COVID-19 cases.
- COVID-19 guidelines currently suggest a ga...
- Japan to review progress of its goal towards reducing greenhouse gas emissions.
- PM of Japan has earlier vowed to become a carbon-neutral country by 2050.
- Japan will support global decarbonization by providing around $11....
- Additional $3.7 billion in reserve funds to be used in Japan to fight the pandemic.
- The Cabinet Office on Friday decided to use the funds to extend the travel subsidy program.
- The emergency spending includes 311.93 billio...
- Discussions continue in Japan over acquiring strike capability vessels.
- No deadline for decision on the above matter has yet been decided.
- The Cabinet Office is yet to approve a plan a next week over building of two new n...
- Corporate earnings to bring down tax revenue in Japan for fiscal 2020.
- Tax revenue is expected to fall short by more than 8 trillion yen.
- Tax revenue in the current fiscal year through March may total to about 55 trillion...
- Toyota to start trials of fuel cell electric delivery trucks with convenience stores.
- Three major Japanese convenience store operators will take part in the trial test.
- The fuel cell vehicles will use hydrogen to generate...
- Japan has compiled an additional economic package worth $707 billion.
- The amount would be used to ease the economic impact of the pandemic.
- The package will include extensions of subsidy programs such as ‘Go To Trav...
- Japan and U.S conduct large-scale joint military drills; media invited to view.
- The drill was launched due to growing assertiveness in the East and South China seas.
- The two countries practiced two exercises, namely &ndas...
- Hayabusa2 returns to earth with Ryugu asteroid samples; PM office congratulates.
- The space probe brought back samples from the 4.6 billion-year-old asteroid.
- The PM office congratulated Hayabusa2 project manager Yuichi Ts...