Search result for JAPAN STATE OF EMERGENCY
- Japan’s economy fell by 4.6 percent in FY 2020 over pandemic.
- GDP in the January-March period shrank an annualized real 5.1 percent from the previous quarter.
- Exports of goods and services plummeted 10.4 percent.
- China tells IOC Chief about it supporting Tokyo Olympics.
- The Chinese President had a telephonic conversation with IOC Chief.
- Many are asking to postpone or cancel Tokyo Games over the increasing spread of the virus. ...
- Japan’s job offers for new graduates improve for 2022.
- From April the academic and business year will begin for most educational institutions and corporations.
- The expected ratio of job offers to an applicant eased ...
- Governors of Tokyo. Kyoto, Okinawa enhances their COVID-19 measures.
- The restaurants and bars in densely populated areas will have to close by 8 p.m.
- Large events will be capped with an attendance of a maximum of 5,000 pe...
- Japan Govt. to formally decide to end COVID-19 state of emergency.
- The Prime Minister is expected to lift the measure in Tokyo, Kanagawa, Chiba, and Saitama prefectures.
- The government decided to do so after a panel of ex...
- Osaka, Kyoto, Hyogo prefecture likely to request lifting of state of emergency.
- The matter was discussed during the Osaka government's coronavirus task force meeting.
- Osaka Gov. will consult the same with Kyoto and Hy...
- Japan govt. will review lifting of the state of emergency this week.
- Tokyo reportedly has the highest number among the country's 47 prefectures.
- A state of emergency may be lifted if on seven-days an average of 500 ca...
- Japan govt. decides to continue the state of emergency this week.
- Hospitals in the country continue to be under pressure with severe COVID-19 infection cases.
- Aichi and Gifu prefectures have been eyeing for an early exit ...
- Japan PM announces to spend $11 billion for coronavirus subsidies.
- The central govt. will disburse the money from reserve funds for fiscal 2020.
- Around 880.2 billion yen will be given to local municipalities to aid restau...
- Japan Govt. has decided to extend the state of emergency until March 7.
- Hospitals in the country continue to remain under pressure to surge in patients.
- Tochigi prefecture will be removed from the state of emergency as th...
- Japan to introduce fines that fail to comply with the country’s COVID-19 measures.
- The bill on the infectious disease law calls for introducing fines of up to 500,000 yen.
- Parliament began deliberations on the ...
- Japan reports a rise in domestic shipments of household electrical appliances in 2020.
- The shipments were reported to be worth 2.5 trillion yen, up by 1.0 percent.
- Air conditioner shipments sales volume gained 0.6 percent...
- A Tochigi prefecture university cancels exams over a state of emergency.
- Utsunomiya University cancels its original entrance tests.
- The university independently holds entrance examinations and the same were scheduled on J...
- Japan reports a fall in sales at 7 major convenience stores in 2020.
- Japanese convenience store sales fell 4.5 percent to $103 billion.
- Newly opened convenience stores in 2020 sales fell by 4.7 percent to 10.16 trillion y...
- Japan reports COVID-19 patients recovering at home to reach 30,208.
- On Wednesday the figure was 1.7 times that of the previous week.
- In the few prefectures, the number of bed occupancy situations has reached Stage 4. ...
- Japan’s consumer spending is expected to fall by $19.3 billion.
- The loss would correspond to 0.40 percent of Japan's annual GDP in nominal terms.
- Japan's government has imposed a state of emergency in 11 pre...
- Japan likely to declare a state of emergency in Osaka, Kyoto, and Hyogo prefecture.
- The decision for the same will be made probably by this week.
- On Monday around 4,800 COVID-19 cases were reported in the country. ...
- Japan Govt. minister says Tokyo must see 70% deduction in commuters.
- Tokyo Metropolitan area has been put under a state of emergency due to rising virus cases.
- Tokyo on Thursday confirmed a daily record of 2,447 cases.
- Businesses violating suspension of work amid state of emergency in Japan to be fined.
- A fine of 500,000 yen could be imposed if orders are not followed.
- Prefectural governors will be allowed to issue legally binding order...
- Japan declares a state of emergency in Tokyo over increasing COVID-19 infections.
- The emergency will be effective from Friday to Feb. 7, 2021.
- There will no punishment for those who might fail to comply with the emergency...