Search result for KYOTO
- Japan imposes 3rd state of COVID-19 emergency in Tokyo, Osaka.
- The emergency declaration is said to be effective for 17 days through May 11.
- Restaurants serving alcohol, movie theaters in designated areas are required to ...
- ANA expects a net loss of $3.75 billion in FY 2020.
- The airline company had previously estimated 510 billion yen.
- It made cost cuts with reductions in its operations of domestic and international flights.
- ANA e...
- Osaka Gov. to ask central govt. to declare a fresh state of emergency.
- Osaka Prefecture has been reporting a resurgence of coronavirus cases.
- Osaka as of Sunday recorded 1,220 new coronavirus cases.
- Osaka could...
- Japan begins COVID-19 inoculation of elderly people from Monday.
- Japan govt. is planning to secure vaccine shots for roughly 36 million people aged 65 or older.
- Local governments in at least 39 prefectures are scheduled t...
- Governors of Tokyo. Kyoto, Okinawa enhances their COVID-19 measures.
- The restaurants and bars in densely populated areas will have to close by 8 p.m.
- Large events will be capped with an attendance of a maximum of 5,000 pe...
- Kyoto University performs world’s 1st living donor lung transplant.
- A patient had lost functionality of both her lungs due to COVID-19.
- The operation is said to have taken around 11hours to perform.
- The l...
- Japan Patent Office rejects trademark for indigenous ‘Ainu’ people.
- The application for "AINU" was filed in March 2020 for products such as smartphone cases and computer mice.
- The move by the individ...
- Osaka, Kyoto, Hyogo prefecture likely to request lifting of state of emergency.
- The matter was discussed during the Osaka government's coronavirus task force meeting.
- Osaka Gov. will consult the same with Kyoto and Hy...
- Shimadzu Corp. sells test kits to detect coronavirus on inanimate surfaces.
- The test kit can identify the virus in about 100 minutes.
- The company said that each kit can conduct 100 tests and costs 302,500 yen ($2,800).
- 7 additional prefectures to be added under Japan’s state of emergency order.
- Tochigi, Gifu, Hyogo, Kyoto, Fukuoka, Osaka, and Aichi prefectures will be the newly added prefectures.
- Declaration of a state of emergenc...
- ‘Pokemon Go’ event canceled due to rise in COVID-19 infections in Japan.
- A real-life ‘Pokeman Go’ event was initially scheduled on Nov.22 in Kyoto prefecture.
- The operator of the smartphone game, N...
- Kyoto Univ. research on COVID-19 treatment via iPS cell technology.
- Researchers aim to develop COVID-19 treatment by creating cytotoxic T cells in the bloodstream from iPS cells.
- Cytotoxic T cells play an important role i...
- Kyoto reports recovery in tourism due to ‘Go To Travel’ campaign.
- Kyoto City Tourism Association showed the survey results of 64 hotels in the Kyoto region.
- Kyoto has reported having seen a decline in COVID-19...
- Western Japan citizens sued Kyoto Governor over the Shinto ceremony.
- The plaintiffs claim the Governor should return $3,700.
- The suit was filed with the Kyoto District Court by 12 Kyoto residents.
- The Governor ...
- Scholars rejected from Japan’s scientific body states Suga’s action violated the law.
- The rejection is said to have violated the Constitution as well as the Act on the Science Council of Japan.
- The researchers...
- Tohoku Univ. with Shimadzu Corp. develop technology to detect COVID-19 via breath.
- The two organizations said to have developed the world’s first technology of such a kind.
- The technology uses a method of analyzing ...
- Several prefectural police arrest 8 men for selling counterfeit ‘Demon Slayer’ figurines.
- Kyoto, Hyogo, and Akita prefecture police arrested the 8 men.
- The suspects are said to have infringed the country&rsquo...
- Drone that can be operated on autopilot created in a joint effort by a Kyoto startup.
- The ‘seamless drone’ was created by a startup named - Earth Analyzer.
- The first demonstration flight was unveiled on July ...
- Kyoto to give the city’s LGBTQ couples recognitions under an oath scheme.
- They will be publicly certified by the city government.
- The program called “partnership oath scheme” started on Sept.1. <...
- Memorial service held at the Kyoto Animation Co. Studio site for the deceased workers.
- The company marked its first anniversary of the deadly arson attack from last year.
- 36 people from the company were victims of the de...