Search result for Labor department
• The data for November was revised up to show 336,000 jobs went up instead of 245,000 as reported earlier
• While the labor market is suffering, the chances of economy falling back into the recession is very low courtesy of the $900 billion stimulus appro...
• According to the U.S. Commerce Department report released on Wednesday, this slump in consumer spending in the November comes after a gain of 0.3 percent in October
• Last time consumer spending went down was in the month of April, when the fall was 12.7...
• According to the Labor Department report, new jobless claims came in at 803,000 for the week ended on December 19
• It is being said that despite high hopes from COVID-19 vaccine rollout, the economy will remain impacted as the country is once again repo...
• The number of US citizens filing for first-time claims for jobless benefits went up to a near three-month high in the last week
• The number of claims for state unemployment benefits went up by 137,000 to seasonally adjusted 853,000 for the last week, wh...
• This number is lower than predicted by the economists as they had predicted the economy would add nearly 440,000 jobs
• While the number of COVID-19 cases are again going upwards and several states are issuing stay-at-home orders, the number of jobs adde...
• According to the Labor Department’s report, the number of jobless claims surged from 748,000 the week before to 778,000
• Several economists and market analysts have stated that as COVID-19 cases are going upwards at an increased pace, the restrict...
• According to the data released by the US Labor Department, first-time jobless claims went up by seasonally adjusted 31,000 to 742,000 in a week ended on November 14
• The government said another 320,237 people have applied for benefits via temporary fede...
• Despite rise in the coronavirus cases, the US labor market managed to add 638,000 jobs in the month of October beating forecasts
• Meanwhile the U.S. unemployment rate went down to 6.9 percent from 7.9 percent and currently stands at roughly half of the ...
• In order to employ foreign workers in speciality occupations that require theoretical or technical expertise, the US companies are required to seek H-1B visa, a non-immigrant visa
• According to the statement issued by the Department of Labor, the COVID-...
• According to the Labor Department report, total 870,000 people have filed for jobless claims in the last week, which is more than 866,000 reported a week earlier
• The report also states that the number of workers returning back to their previous j...
- It happened for the 22nd time in 23 weeks
- In the previous week, it was 1.104 million
The Labor Department said on Thursday stated that the economy struggles to recover from the COVID – 19 pandemic. It is reflec...
- For the week ending on August 15, it came in at 1.106 million
- A total of 923,000 was expected by the economists polled by Dow Jones
The concerns have been raised about the state of the economy. For the week that ended on A...
- Last week, initial weekly jobless claims came in at 1.434 million
- It was roughly in line with expectations
The Labor Department reported on Thursday that last week the number of Americans who filed new claims for unemploym...
1.5 MILLION AMERICANS FILE FOR UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS: US LABOR DEPT. REPORTS DECLINING JOBLESSNESS IN THE US
• Federal government introduced an unemployment benefits scheme for the gig workers and the self-employed. Consequently, more people filed for benefits
• The unemployment rate in the US is declining steadily