Search result for Okinawa
- The construction of new section of Marine Corps airfield has begun in Japan.
- 830 colonies of endangered coral have been relocated off the coast of Okinawa before construction.
- The coral was in a construction zone N2. Now it has b...
- Okinawa orders schools to close over rising COVID-19 infections.
- Okinawa prefecture is currently under a coronavirus state of emergency.
- Clusters infections at schools and childcare facilities have been reportedly rising....
- Japan govt. to add Okinawa under COVID-19 state of emergency.
- Okinawa has been reporting a surge in COVID-19 cases.
- Okinawa Gov. Denny Tamaki requested the central govt. for the same.
- Okinawa is currently under...
- Okinawa seeks to be added under govt.’s COVID-19 state of emergency.
- At present, 16 municipalities in Okinawa are under a quasi-state of emergency.
- Okinawa Gov. Denny Tamaki to ask the central government for the app...
- Governors of Tokyo. Kyoto, Okinawa enhances their COVID-19 measures.
- The restaurants and bars in densely populated areas will have to close by 8 p.m.
- Large events will be capped with an attendance of a maximum of 5,000 pe...
- Mothers urge to ban U.S military aircraft flying over daycare center in Okinawa.
- The group of mothers visited the Okinawa Defense Bureau to discuss the issue.
- The mothers are said to have complained about the problem for ...
- Japan's defense minister and Okinawa Gov. remain silent over military base relocation.
- Kishi visited Okinawa for the first time after being posted as a defense minister last month.
- Okinawa accounts for about 70 percen...
- Suga asked to resolve issue of relocation of the U.S military base by Okinawa Gov.
- The central and Okinawa government have been struggling to reach a consensus over the military base.
- The Gov. also asked the central gove...
- Okinawa prefecture plans on building a space port; base for space business.
- The ‘space port’ will be built at Miyako Shimojishima Airport.
- The prefectural government has signed an agreement with spaceplane de...
- 18 people injured in main island of Kyushu due to typhoon Maysak.
- Typhoon Haishen is expected to approach the area on Sunday or Monday.
- The tenth typhoon in the country, Haishen, could hit Okinawa prefecture by Friday.
- Japan Meteorological Agency reports typhoon Maysak approaching Kyushu region with strength.
- Typhoon Maysak is the ninth tropical storm of 2020.
- On Sept.2, as of 10:50 AM, the typhoon was located north of the Okinawa pref...
- Typhoon Maysak that blew over southern Japan islands now headed towards both Koreas.
- Typhoon Maysak blew over Japan islands on Tuesday.
- The Japanese Meteorological Agency reported that the typhoon was expected over Kyush...
- Tokyo reported 331 new COVID-19 infections on Sunday.
- Okinawa prefecture reported 159 new cases.
- Japan’s cumulative total infections came to about 49,000.
- The death toll was reported to be around 1,061.
- Japan records 1,307 new COVID-19 cases; 6 women at a ‘Hostess club’ contracts the infection.
- Tokyo confirmed 463 new COVID-19 infections.
- Six women working at a "hostess club" nightspot on the islan...
- Okinawa unites to protest against rising COVID-19 cases in U.S military base.
- The authorities are demanding transparency in the release of such information.
- In Futenma, the U.S. Marine Corps Air Station has the highest nu...
- An 80-year-old Okinawa taxi driver infected by COVID-19 from a U.S marine passenger.
- The taxi driver developed a fever on Tuesday; visited the base between July 4 and 8.
- Around 73 cases in total have been linked to the U...
Places like Kina’s Dojo are attracting tourists in droves as it is considered the home of Karate. The martial art’s disciplines have spread all over the world. Specially since the World War II, karate has been an international martial art.
Okinawa’s Shuri castle is one...