Search result for PANDEMIC
- OECD shows S. Korea’s ODA to have fallen by 8.7% in 2020.
- S. Korea’s ODA for foreign countries dell to $2.25 billion in 2020 due to the pandemic.
- The country’s overall ranking among DAC members in terms ...
- BOJ downgraded economic assessments of two regions in the country.
- BOJ is worried about economic recovery from the pandemic which still remains fragile.
- The pandemic has dampened consumption, which accounts for more than...
- S. Korea reports increase in number of employed people in March.
- The country saw numbers of employed people reach 26.9 million.
- The unemployment rate also rose 0.1% point on-year to 4.3 percent last month.
- China’s exports rose 30.6% in March over hopeful economic recovery.
- Chinese imports jumped 38.1% year-on-year last month.
- Imports on meats saw an increase of 1.02 million tonnes in March.
- China’s po...
- Japan reports a rise in wholesale prices in March by 1.0%.
- Prices for oil and coal products gained 9.8 percent in March.
- Nonferrous metal prices jumped due to strong demand in China by 28.7 percent.
- The country...
- Japan begins COVID-19 inoculation of elderly people from Monday.
- Japan govt. is planning to secure vaccine shots for roughly 36 million people aged 65 or older.
- Local governments in at least 39 prefectures are scheduled t...
- China to invest in Hainan province’s gaming, aerospace, NEV sector.
- China plans to build a testing ground in the province for economic reforms.
- China gave the status of a “free trade port” to Hainan last...
• The growth of the crypto domain has been exponential through the pandemic
• A major chunk of this growth was led by BTC
The cryptocurrency domain has been booking favours ...
- S. Korea’s internet banking services rose 20.6 percent in 2020.
- The value of daily transactions via online banking reached $52 billion in the reporting year.
- As of end-of-December the online banking services reached...
- Beijing Winter Olympic organizers tests out hockey, indoor venues.
- The organizers started 10 days of testing from Thursday.
- China is said to have limited experience in holding a high-level ice hockey tournament.
- Japan’s no. of job availability fell in February by 2.9%.
- The number of people in work rose 30,000 in February to 66.97 million.
- The number of unemployed people increased 350,000 in February to 1.94 million. ...
- Japan govt. outstanding long-term debt to reach $9.12 trillion.
- The debt is said to be the worst among developed countries.
- The Japan parliament passed the budget for fiscal 2021, with a record 106.61 trillion yen. ...
- Xiaomi Corp. released its fourth-quarter net profit to be 36.7 percent.
- The mobile company’s adjusted net profit for the quarter rose to $490.84 million.
- The company’s sales rose 24.8% year-on-year to 70.5 bil...
- S. Korean LCC under heavy debt from huge deficits due to pandemic.
- Jeju Air Co., Jin Air Co. and T'way Air Co. debt-to-equity ratio ranged from 430% to 517% in 2020.
- Jeju Air Co. had 218.4 billion won in equity capita...
- Japan to use $20 billion to support business & households.
- The funding includes 1.54 trillion yen for local authorities to aid restaurants and bars.
- 341.0 billion yen will be used to provide no-interest loans of up to...
- Japan’s suicide rate among school children increased the most in 2020.
- In 2020 number of suicides among school children came up to 499.
- The rate of suicide was far higher among high school girls, i.e 140.
- Number of S. Korean’s getting married fell to an all-time low in 2020.
- The number of couples getting married fell by 10.7 percent in 2020.
- Due to difficulties in finding jobs or buying homes many are refraining from...
- Japan’s core private sector machinery orders fall in Jan. by 4.5 percent.
- Machinery orders from manufacturers dropped 4.2 percent.
- Machinery orders from nonmanufacturers fell 8.9 percent to 474.38 billion yen. ...
- Shipments of China’s smartphones increase in Feb. 2021.
- Smartphone shipments within China jumped 236.6% annually to 21.3 million handsets.
- Xiaomi is known to have ramped up production late last year.
- China’s factory gate prices rose in February 2021.
- The country’s producer price index (PPI) rose by 1.7% in 2021.
- Exports in the country grew at a record 154.9% in the dollar.
- Last week Beijing set...