Search result for PANDEMIC
• In the month of May, Uber had sacked its 600 employees in India
• The services in Mumbai will remain unaffected and the company aims to continue its high level services said Uber spokesperson
• Since the pandemic, Uber has already fired 6,...
According to an official at the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI), the 13th season of the country’s favourite cricket league Indian Premier League (IPL) will definitely happen in this country but not in India. IPL season 13 will be organised most probably in the country of Sri La...
- Lloyd’s of London to help businesses get insurance pay-outs.
- Government-supported ‘Black Swan’ reinsurance scheme to help businesses.
- Insurers worldwide have to pay out more than $100 billion this year.<...
- Chinese businesses have reopened after the pandemic however, they are unable to attract the customers.
- The demand for exports is also weak as other countries are still struggling hard to defeat the virus.
- It is expected that the...
- Dr. Anthony Fauci, White House coronavirus advisor, stated that the new virus by pigs in China carries the traits of the 2009 H1N1 virus and 1918 pandemic flu.
- The scientist are calling the newly discovered virus as G4 EA H1N1.
- Chinese researchers have discovered a new type of swine flu which is capable of triggering a pandemic.
- The swine flu is named G4 and it is genetically descended from the H1N1 strain which was responsible for the 2009 pandemic.
- Coronavirus pandemic leads to further job cuts in British Airways.
- The airline plans to cut around 12,000 jobs; put 300 jobs on hold.
- Operating flight crew members and pilots likely to have pay cuts.
- Many airli...
• This new self-service petrol pump is set up by Bharat Petroleum near the Regional Transport Office (RTO) Pune
• The customers will be given three options to refill their vehicles at the station
• This fuel station will be equipped with san...
- U.S. Senator has alleged that China has used the coronavirus pandemic as an opportunity to strike in every direction.
- China has harassed Taiwanese, Malaysian, Vietnamese, and Indonesian vessels in the South China sea.
- A glitch in deceased data maintenance leads the government relief funds to be sent to 1.1 million deceased people
- Legally, this money cannot be asked to be returned
The coronavirus relief funds were distribute...
- Chinese regulators have relaxed strict months-long restrictions amid the coronavirus pandemic outbreak.
- Travelers in Europe and New Zealand will find more options for China as airlines resumed services.
- Deutsche Lufthansa AG, th...
Trump justifies Green Card suspension as a need to ensure jobs for the Americans first
This adds to the waiting period woes of people who are looking forward to their green cards
- The sales of iPhones have dropped considerably after the rebound in China.
- Other areas of the business such as investing in the company’s App Store grew which indicates resilience for the US technology giant in China.
- The ...
• A group of parents had filed a PIL in the apex court asking to completely cancel the CBSE Board examinations 2020
• CBSE Board officials requested to give time of two more days to finalize decision on the board examinations
• The Supreme C...
- The German government offers Lufthansa coronavirus bailout money.
- Lufthansa offered $10 billion.
- Lufthansa shares had fallen as much as 8.8% earlier in the session.
- Heinz Thiele owns 15.5% shares of the airline...
- The UK government brings in new rules to business in the country.
- Changes will be made to the legislation to protect future pandemics.
- It will cover pharmaceutical companies.
- Changes in the 2002 Enterprise Act....
- European Union leaders clashed over a recovery fund
- Leaders have different views on several factors including the criteria for money allocation
On a discussion over a recovery fund for the countries hit hardest by the coro...
- Currently, 35 countries are using digital tracking
- At least 28 countries have contact tracing apps in place
Digital rights experts have said that extensive surveillance measures have been introduced after the COVID &...
WHO PUBLISHES A POLICY BRIEF ON THE DISPROPORTIONATE IMPACT OF THE COVID-19 ON THE SENIOR POPULATION
- Older people are at the highest risk of contracting the COVID-19 infection
- It is due to their weakened immune systems along with pre-existing health conditions
The World Health Organization has published a policy brief. It...
- Experts call for green recovery
- Solar and wind power should be a focus
One of the world’s foremost energy experts warns that the world has only six months to change the course of the climate crisis. It is important t...