Search result for PARALYMPICS
- Tokyo may be under a quasi-state of emergency during the Olympics.
- Tokyo has been under a stricter state of emergency since late April.
- The government is now however planning to lift the emergency in most of the prefectur...
- Japan govt. to receive additional Pfizer COVID-19 vaccines.
- It will receive vaccine doses for additional 20,000 workers involved in the Tokyo Olympics.
- The vaccination program for Tokyo Games workers will begin on Thursda...
- Japan’s digitalization minister admits to coercing app developer to cut costs.
- A smartphone app for monitoring the health of foreign visitors during the Tokyo Games.
- Hirai said the cost of developing and operating t...
- Tokyo Olympics’ GPS tracking for visitors will not be real time.
- The GPS would be used to trace and confirm their movements retroactively if a problem arises.
- Everyone entering Japan from abroad for the games will b...
- Japan planning to vaccinate 70,000 volunteers of Tokyo Olympics.
- The IOC has said that Pfizer Inc. will provide vaccines for free to participating delegations.
- Japan is to receive Pfizer vaccine doses for about 20,000 peo...
- Opposition parties in Japan seek extension of parliament session.
- The opposition parties are asking more time to debate COVID-19 vaccination programs.
- They also wish to discuss whether to hold the Tokyo Olympics and Paral...
- Japan PM’s reception for Tokyo Olympic overseas dignitaries stands cancelled.
- The reception was to be held on the day of the Tokyo Olympic closing ceremony, on Aug. 8.
- The reception at a Tokyo hotel was also expecte...
- Japan’s top COVID advisor worried about holding of Olympic Games.
- Shigeru Omi said that hosting the summer games is “not normal”.
- He asked the organizers' to scale the event down and strengthen the m...
- Japan PM pledge $800 million toward COVAX facility.
- Suga also plans to offer part of Japan's vaccine supply to the effort.
- Japan has already pledged $200 million; however it is looking to boost its contribution. ...
- Tokyo assembly groups vote against the cancellation of Summer Olympics.
- The Tokyo Metropolitan assembly groups include Tokyoites First, the Liberal Democratic Party, and Komeito, JCP, and CDP.
- The Tokyoites First group su...
- Australia has made it mandatory for the Paralympic athletes to get the corona virus vaccinations
- The Australian Olympic Committee has made the covid-19 vaccination mandatory for the Paralympic athletes
On Tuesday, Kate Mc...
- Tokyo Olympic workers need to regularly check for COVID-19.
- The workers will do so by self-collecting saliva samples regularly.
- Organizers plan to distribute containers for submission at one of around 60 locations. ...
- Japan Olympic organizers to limit no. of overseas officials.
- Around 78,000 officials and workers will be allowed at the games.
- Olympic and Paralympic athletes has remained unchanged at about 15,000.
- Japan is fa...
- Cancellation of Tokyo Olympics protest continues strong in Japan.
- The IOC and Tokyo Olympic organizers start three days of virtual meetings from Wednesday.
- Around 6,000-member Tokyo Medical Practitioners' Association ...
- BOJ to examine economy in 2-day policy meeting.
- The central bank is expected to keep its monetary policy unchanged.
- Tokyo and Osaka are under the third state of emergency currently.
- The BOJ in January predicted...
- Tokyo marked the 100 days to go Olympics and Paralympics.
- Tokyo Gov. pledged to deliver a “wonderful” Olympics.
- The Olympics will be followed by the Paralympics from Aug. 24 to Sept. 5.
- Athletes wil...
- Japan begins COVID-19 inoculation of elderly people from Monday.
- Japan govt. is planning to secure vaccine shots for roughly 36 million people aged 65 or older.
- Local governments in at least 39 prefectures are scheduled t...
- Governors of Tokyo. Kyoto, Okinawa enhances their COVID-19 measures.
- The restaurants and bars in densely populated areas will have to close by 8 p.m.
- Large events will be capped with an attendance of a maximum of 5,000 pe...
- Tokyo Olympics to secure 300 hotel rooms for athletes with COVID-19.
- The hotel will be used to isolate and treat the athletes testing positive for the virus.
- The organizers have also planned to prepare up to 30 speci...
- Tokyo Olympics and Paralympics organizers to hold a joint meeting.
- Representatives of the central and Tokyo municipal governments are also said to attend the meeting.
- Seiko Hashimoto is the new President of the Tokyo 2020...