Search result for Paralympics
Despite the uncertain circumstances during the pandemic, sports in Singapore flourished in 2021. Athletes from various sports served exciting performances and outstanding results on an international scale.
Singapore’s participants in the Olympics and Paralympics in Japan brought h...
On 26th December 2021, four Singaporean athletes got aboard an open-top bus to celebrate their achievements in 2021.
The players included badminton star Loh Kean Yew, pool player Aloysius Yap, para-swimmer Yip Pin Xiu, and bowler Shayna Ng. The athletes waved to the crowds gathered to e...
Japan to extend Covid-19 emergency in Tokyo and neighboring states with rising cases of Delta variant
- Japan to extend emergency regarding Covid-19 in Tokyo and neighboring states
- A rise in cases of Delta variant in the country
The rising cases of delta variant of Covid-19 in Tokyo and neighboring states have forced the gov...
The Japan government has allowed thousands of school kids and teenagers to attend the Paralympics, to be held in the country from Tuesday. Around 130,000 to 140,000 children are expected to attend the ceremony. All other fans are banned from attending these games.
The Paralympics will b...
The 49th general elections for the House of Representatives, of Japan are going to be conducted soon. All the political parties are eagerly eyeing the dissolution of the House of Representatives.
The dissolution of the lower house is scheduled to take place after the Olympics and Paraly...
- Tokyo may be under a quasi-state of emergency during the Olympics.
- Tokyo has been under a stricter state of emergency since late April.
- The government is now however planning to lift the emergency in most of the prefectur...
- Japan govt. to receive additional Pfizer COVID-19 vaccines.
- It will receive vaccine doses for additional 20,000 workers involved in the Tokyo Olympics.
- The vaccination program for Tokyo Games workers will begin on Thursda...
- Japan’s digitalization minister admits to coercing app developer to cut costs.
- A smartphone app for monitoring the health of foreign visitors during the Tokyo Games.
- Hirai said the cost of developing and operating t...
- Tokyo Olympics’ GPS tracking for visitors will not be real time.
- The GPS would be used to trace and confirm their movements retroactively if a problem arises.
- Everyone entering Japan from abroad for the games will b...
- Japan planning to vaccinate 70,000 volunteers of Tokyo Olympics.
- The IOC has said that Pfizer Inc. will provide vaccines for free to participating delegations.
- Japan is to receive Pfizer vaccine doses for about 20,000 peo...
- Opposition parties in Japan seek extension of parliament session.
- The opposition parties are asking more time to debate COVID-19 vaccination programs.
- They also wish to discuss whether to hold the Tokyo Olympics and Paral...
- Japan PM’s reception for Tokyo Olympic overseas dignitaries stands cancelled.
- The reception was to be held on the day of the Tokyo Olympic closing ceremony, on Aug. 8.
- The reception at a Tokyo hotel was also expecte...
- Japan’s top COVID advisor worried about holding of Olympic Games.
- Shigeru Omi said that hosting the summer games is “not normal”.
- He asked the organizers' to scale the event down and strengthen the m...
- Japan PM pledge $800 million toward COVAX facility.
- Suga also plans to offer part of Japan's vaccine supply to the effort.
- Japan has already pledged $200 million; however it is looking to boost its contribution. ...
- Tokyo assembly groups vote against the cancellation of Summer Olympics.
- The Tokyo Metropolitan assembly groups include Tokyoites First, the Liberal Democratic Party, and Komeito, JCP, and CDP.
- The Tokyoites First group su...
- Australia has made it mandatory for the Paralympic athletes to get the corona virus vaccinations
- The Australian Olympic Committee has made the covid-19 vaccination mandatory for the Paralympic athletes
On Tuesday, Kate Mc...
- Tokyo Olympic workers need to regularly check for COVID-19.
- The workers will do so by self-collecting saliva samples regularly.
- Organizers plan to distribute containers for submission at one of around 60 locations. ...
- Japan Olympic organizers to limit no. of overseas officials.
- Around 78,000 officials and workers will be allowed at the games.
- Olympic and Paralympic athletes has remained unchanged at about 15,000.
- Japan is fa...
- Cancellation of Tokyo Olympics protest continues strong in Japan.
- The IOC and Tokyo Olympic organizers start three days of virtual meetings from Wednesday.
- Around 6,000-member Tokyo Medical Practitioners' Association ...
- BOJ to examine economy in 2-day policy meeting.
- The central bank is expected to keep its monetary policy unchanged.
- Tokyo and Osaka are under the third state of emergency currently.
- The BOJ in January predicted...