Search result for RBI
- Due to COVID-19 outbreak, Indian government implemented a lockdown to prevent further spread of infection.
- With all economic activities coming to a halt, economy received a big time jolt.
- A report by the Reserve Bank of India has...
• The interest rates were held steady by the monetary policy committee in wake of rising inflation
• Since February, the RBI has brought down the repo rate by a total of 115 bps
• Indian economy will improve in the second half of the financi...
• HDFC Bank’s net interest income went up by 17.8% y-o-y to Rs 15,665.4 crore
• HDFC reported a net profit of Rs 6,659 crore for the first quarter of FY21
• As per the results, bank’s net interest margin remained unchanged ...
• Route One Investment Company is planning to raise its stake from 5.4 percent to 9.9 percent
• According to the current market capitalisation, 10 percent stake in IndusInd Bank is valued at Rs 3,650 crore
• On the S&P BSE, the stocks of...
• People’s Bank of China (PBoC) holds 1 percent stake in HDFC, 0.43 percent in Piramal Enterprises and 0.32 percent in Ambuja Cement
• According to the reports, Chinese banks are intentionally buying stakes in those companies that are strategically i...
• Various news channels and social media platforms had reported that the transactions made through Google Pay are unsafe as the app is unauthorized
• Google clearly stated that is a legal operator in the country and hence everyone’s money is safe...
• The Supreme Court clearly said that majority of borrowers have not availed the moratorium as they are aware of the fact that it won’t benefit them
• The Supreme Court directed the Centre and the RBI to review this issue as it won’t be left be...
• According to the data given by Singapore-based firm BondEvalue, a set of 53 bonds now globally yield spreads of over 450 basis points
• If the Finance Ministry and the RBI approve relaxation, the companies facing shortage of funds can rake in funds from ...
• In the month of July 2019, a panel of the Indian Government had started drafted a law for ban on various types of cryptocurrencies
• Despite the Supreme Court’s decision to lift De Facto ban, banks didn’t allow payments for currency trading i...
• Reserve Bank of India has extended the loan moratorium till August 31
• In its affidavit, the RBI said the interest waiver will bring in losses worth Rs 2 lakh crores for the banks
• The next date of hearing in this issue is June 12...
• Former RBI Governor Duvvuri Subbarao stated that this COVID-19 pandemic is unlike natural disaster and country’s can ramp up growth as companies are still standing and transport system is in place
• Rating agency CRISIL and global investment compan...
• At present the Sensex stands at 30,601.64 levels and the Nifty 50 index is at 9,021.60 levels
• The announcements made by the RBI and losses incurred by financial, metal and automobile stocks were the reason behind decline of the BSE Sensex
• The repo rate has been slashed by 40 basis points (bps) to 4 percent
• The decision to reduce repo rate and reverse repo rate was taken after five members of the Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) voted in its favour said Governor Shaktikanta Das
• Current Total Cases: 118,447
• Total Deaths : 3,583
• Cumulative recoveries : 48,534
• Top five states that has the maximum number of cases :
Maharashtra: Cases 41,642, number of deaths 1,454. New deaths 64
Tamil Nadu: ...
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has allowed local banks to participate in the offshore market from June 1, 2020.
- Two exchanges- India international exchange Ltd. (IFSC) and NSE IFSC Ltd. will begin trading of foreign exchange settled rupee der...
• Finance Ministry writes to RBI
• Economic slowdown would definitely impact borrowers
• To avoid impact on cibil and credit history of loan borrowers.
In the times of economic havoc which has been wreaked by Covid...
- The rupee slumps by 17 paise and settled at 74.08 against the greenback.
- The US Federal Reserve stated that it will elaborate its balance sheet by at least $700 billion in the weeks to come.
- The Federal Reserve has cut the inter...
- The Reserve Bank of India saved the Indian currency after it stepped in to help lift the currency from record lows.
- The central bank has sold around $1.5 billion.
- The rupee hit the lowest on Friday of 74.50 against the US ...
- The government of India has decided to escalate the excise duty.
- This move will have a great impact on fuel prices.
- The price of Diesel and Petrol is likely to hike.
With the fall in crude oil prices, the gover...
- Cabinet approves RBI suggested reconstruction scheme for Yes Bank
- Moratorium might be lifted soon
Yes bank customers cam heave a sigh of relief as the moratorium on Yes bank is expected to be lifted very soon. The &...