Search result for Russia
On Friday, the Nobel Peace Prize committee announced that they will be awarding this year's prize to the Ukrainian Center for Civil Liberties, the Russian organisation Memorial, and imprisoned Belarusian rights activist Ales Bialiatski.
Among the nominees were "three exceptiona...
The Cold War-era partnerships that were highly strategic now seem to be evolving into hybrid, fluid, pragmatic relationships that are unexpected.
Major Middle Eastern players are keeping their distance and refusing to take sides as a new Cold War-style conflict has taken over relations ...
The Russian war on Ukraine, which began on February 24, 2022, has lasted approximately 100 days. Russia's fossil fuel exports have been largely blamed for fueling the country's war and atrocities.
The West has imposed sanctions to decrease its purchases of Russian oil and gas. R...
According to his account, Moscow businessman Ilias Sabirov had been supplying Russia's military with high-performance computer chips manufactured in the United States for years.
After Russia seized the Ukrainian peninsula of Crimea in 2014, the US government imposed a slew of new sa...
Sweden is adamant about not playing Russia in the Women's European Championships if the ban is lifted
Regardless of the outcome of the appeal, Sweden has said that its national team will not play Russia.
The Swedish Football Association (SvFF) president and first vice-president of UEFA, Karl-Erik Nilsson, has indicated that his country's national team would not meet Russia in the 20...
Keeping Switzerland aligned with the European Union measures, the Swiss government announced on Wednesday that it was adopting the latest round of the EU sanctions against Belarus and Russia as the Kremlin continues its aggression against Ukraine.
Switzerland has also approved sanctioni...
Officials from the United States and NATO are attempting to discern the state of discussions between Russia and Ukraine.
According to various individuals briefed on the issue, US and NATO officials think Russian President Vladimir Putin has not backed down from his original demands in discussions with Ukraine, and there is a significant dose of scepticism in Western capitals about how serious Moscow's participa...
Australia may be distant from Ukraine, but we will not be spared the economic consequences of conflict
If wage growth remains stagnant as global supply networks break down and commodities costs rise, Australians will have less purchasing power. Russia is the world's second-largest producer of gas and third-largest producer of oil.
Russia and Ukraine produce up to 80% to 90% of the ne...
In retribution for Russia's invasion of Ukraine, US President Joe Biden has slapped an immediate embargo on Russian oil and other energy imports, while the UK has indicated it will phase out imports by the end of 2022.
Oil prices are anticipated to rise as a result of the new sancti...
US Olympic chiefs are supporting the International Olympic Committee that has demanded Russian athletes to be banned from the international competition as a result of the Russian invasion of Ukraine.
In a statement, the Olympic and Paralympic Committee of the United States has said that...
THE CONFLICT between Russia and Ukraine is threatening to destabilise the global economy.
Not only that, but the dispute, according to Senior Minister of International Trade and Industry Datuk Seri Mohamed Azmin Ali (photo), will set back any country's efforts to advance economicall...
An undeclared war has been going on between Ukraine and Russia for the past eight years. However, the country has been finding itself amidst headlines a lot lately. This is mostly due to the spread of misinformation. The US and EU fear that Russia is planning a full-scale invasion of the country....
- China and Russia’s president vows to maintain close contact over various fields.
- Xi exchanged New Year congratulations with Putin,
- The China-Russia Year of Scientific and Technological Innovation program was launche...
- China and Russia ready to develop a comprehensive strategic partnership.
- Xi Jinping had a telephonic conversation with Vladimir Putin.
- China-Russia ties are said to be strong endogenous power and have independent value.
- Suga and Putin agree on Tuesday to promote territorial negotiations.
- Suga and Putin had their first phone talks after the former joined the office at the PM of Japan this month.
- The two countries have had issues over two...
- Yoshihide Suga to have his first talks as new Japan PM with Vladamir Putin.
- Japan and Russia’s country PM and President respectively will hold talks on Tuesday.
- The countries wish to continue their commitment towar...
- Shinzo Abe discussed his resignation with the U.S and Russian President on separate calls.
- The former Prime Minister also touched upon a few issues involving the countries that were unresolved.
- Abe is said to have had a ...
- Around 7,600 Japanese Facebook users’ accounts suspected to have been stolen.
- The data may have been stored on a server based in Russia.
- Since June, domestic users have been receiving videos from fake accounts.
• Current Total Cases: 697,413
• Total Deaths : 19,693
• Cumulative recoveries : 424,433
• Active cases: 253,287
• Top five states that has the maximum number of cases :
Maharashtra: Cases 206,619, number of deaths 8...
- Michael Flynn was under criminal investigation
- He was being investigated to trace Russia’s involvement in the Presidential elections in 2016
Trump aid, more specifically Trump’s first national security advisor is no longer und...