Search result for SOUTH KOREA
- S. Korean PM warned of strong measures that interfere govt.’s antivirus measures.
- A church facility in Sangju, 270 kilometers southeast of Seoul, has emerged as a new hotbed of infections.
- More than 3,000 people are...
- KFTC review the deal by Korean Air to buy Asiana Airlines Inc.
- KFTC will see if the merger could constitute a monopoly or hurt market competition.
- Korean Air in November 2020 said that it will acquire its smaller rival As...
- S. Korea and Iran under talks on resolving frozen assets and releasing ship.
- The South Korean delegation for talks was led by First Vice Foreign Minister Choi Jong Kun.
- Iran's Islamic Revolution Guards Corps seized a...
- S. Korea reports the largest job loss in December 2020 due to pandemic.
- In December 2020, the jobless rate rose 0.7 percentage point on-year to 4.1 percent.
- The unemployment rate for young adults came to 8.1 percent in De...
- S. Korea to provide $27.4 billion in green and digital sector exports.
- The country will provide low-interest loans to exporters in such fields through 2025.
- The country also plans to expand official development assistance...
- Japanese vessel asked to leave S. Korea’s EEZ by the country’s Foreign Ministry.
- The South Korean Coast Guard made the request after spotting the Japanese vessel conducting research.
- The research by the Japane...
- Seoul café and gym owners file lawsuits against govt. over COVID-19.
- Around 230 gym owners filed a 5 million won lawsuit in Seoul Western District Court.
- South Korea has imposed Level 2.5 social distancing restrict...
- S. Korean President announces free of charge COVID-19 vaccines to the country people.
- The country will start the COVID-19 vaccines phases starting next month.
- The President vowed to make last efforts in the stalled North ...
- S. Koreans stocks opened low on its Monday morning trading over profits.
- The benchmark KOSPI fell by 1.76 points.
- Samsung Electronics shares advanced 3.83 percent.
- Hyundai Motor shares surged 3.83 percent. ...
- S. Korea ‘Comfort Women’ victims win first legal victory; Tokyo asked to compensate.
- Seoul Central District Court ordered Tokyo to compensate US$91,300 each to 12 ‘Comfort Women’.
- Japanese Vice For...
- S. Korea’s top 100 firms record surge in their market value over past 5 years.
- The combined market capitalization of these firms stood at US$1.61 trillion.
- Samsung Electronics Co. market value remains at the top wit...
- Health Ministry asked to look into adoption agency’s role in abuse death case.
- S. Korea’s Children’s Rights activists came forward and urged the same to the ministry.
- The activists also demanded Hol...
- South Korea govt. plans to provide emergency handouts to small business owners.
- The government plans to do so by early February, around the Lunar New Year holiday.
- The government will provide US$8.6 billion in relief fund...
- Small business owners in S. Korea stage protests against COVID-19 restrictions.
- Several coffee shops, bars, and internet cafes joined the growing list of small business owner protests.
- The complaints have grown ever sinc...
- S. Korea records US$13.8 billion in online shopping transactions in Nov.2020.
- Coronavirus pandemic led people in S. Korea to buy products via e-commerce platforms.
- Online transactions of food delivery were high at 60.6 pe...
- S. Korea expects exports of chips to top at US$100 billion in FY 2021.
- The expected projection is said to increase by 10.2 percent on-year to $109.3 billion in 2021.
- The country’s two leading memory chipmakers are S...
- S. Korean anti-piracy unit begins operations near the Strait of Hormuz.
- Iran had seized a South Korean oil tanker named MT Hanuk Chemi.
- The vessel is said to have been traveling from Saudi Arabia to the UAE.
- S. Korean oil refiners hit with low profit margins due to pandemic in FY 2020.
- SK Innovation Co. and three other major oil refinery companies project a combined net loss.
- The benchmark Singapore complex gross refining mar...
- S. Korea reports a decline in population for the first time in 2020.
- The Ministry of Interior and Safety, South Korea reported the latest census figures.
- In 2020, South Korea reported 275,815 births, down 10.65 percent fr...
- S. Korea govt. to hold meeting whether to raise the social distancing scheme.
- On Thursday, the country’s new COVID-19 infections fell below 1,000.
- The govt. has imposed Level 3 restrictions in detention centers in t...