Search result for SUPREME COURT
• Amazon has not yet confirmed or denied the allegations
• The CAIT has demanded that names of officials involved
Amazon is probing bribery...
• It was liberal Justice Stephen Breyer, who authored the decision
• Encouraging more Americans to reap benefits out of Obamacare, the US President Joe Biden said "it is time to move forward and keeping building on this landmark law."...
- Japan’s PM apologizes for negligence in protection of construction workers.
- The asbestos construction workers had contracted lung cancer and other illnesses.
- The Supreme Court of Japan ruled that the state should ha...
- Meng’s defense team to ask Canadian court to delay upcoming hearings.
- The Huawei CFO’s case lasted more than two years.
- Meng’s upcoming hearing is scheduled to be in the British Columbia Supreme Court on...
• Overturning a lower court’s ruling, the US Supreme Court handed the Alphabet-owned company a victory saying that it did not violate federal copyright law
• The Sundar Pichai-led company was sued by Oracle Corp. in the year 2010 over copyright infri...
• The court found the dispute was debatable, throwing out the decision made by a lower court which had said that the US President had violated constitutional free speech rights
• Thomas wrote “We will soon have no choice but to address how our legal ...
• State Department Spokesperson Price said that Blinken spoke with the members of the family of Daniel Pearl, South Asia bureau chief for the Wall Street Journal
• Pearl was abducted and beheaded at the time when he was in Pakistan investigating a story in...
• The litigation has accused Facebook of violating the Wiretap Act, a federal law, saying the company has been secretly tracking the visits of users to websites
• Facebook's appeal was turned down by the justices as they declined to hear it
• Indian government will look at taking a stand on the cryptocurrency domain
• Technology is something that India cannot ignore
• Supreme Court Justice on Thursday delivered her first opinion against an environmental group that sought access to government records
• Barrett wrote for a 7-2 court stating that certain draft documents do not have to be disclosed under the federal Freee...
• This decision by the top court is another defeat to the former Republican president and is the apparent culmination of a lengthy legal tussle
• This move by the Supreme Court holds extreme significance as the tax records of Donald Trump are not supposed ...
• Many high profile federal judges are retiring in the next week
• Biden shall be under pressure to ensure that...
- S. Korea’s Supreme Court upholds guilty convictions of Samsung Executives.
- The former and current executives are accused of sabotaging labor union activities at a subsidiary company.
- Kang Kyung Hoon, a vice presiden...
• 36 US Congress members urged the nation to undertake a complete review of acquittal of Ahmed Omar Saeed Shaikh in the case of 2002 killing of the Wall Street Journal journalist Daniel Pearl
• In the month of January, Pakistan’s Supreme Court had or...
• According to the reports, the United States Supreme Court was given an all-clear immediately following a bomb threat that alerted the authorities
• Though the court is closed at present in wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, initially it was reported that the...
- S. Korea’s ex-President Park Guen Hye sentenced 20 years in prison by Supreme Court.
- The former President of South Korea has been sentenced for a high-profile corruption case.
- Park has been reported to be involved i...
• Speaking on the Senate floor on Tuesday, McConnell said “The Electoral College has spoken. So today I want to congratulate President-elect Joe Biden.”
• Even after the election results were announced, McConnell never acknowledged Biden’...
• This ruling was championed by ex Secretary of Kansas State Kris Kobach, who happens to be an ally of the incumbent US President Donald Trump
• This Republican-backed law required people seeking to register to vote in Kansas to present a U.S. passport, bi...
• The order issued by the country’s top court was second in this week as on Tuesday, as the justices had rejected an appeal from Pennsylvania Republicans on Tuesday
• President Donald Trump and his team are trying relentlessly to overturn the electio...
- Japan SC contests the constitutionality of common surnames among spouses.
- The Supreme Court’s petty bench referred to three domestic cases for the above reason.
- The cases were filed by 3 couples in common-law marria...