Search result for Samsung Electronics Co.
This year is expected to be a down year for revenues in the worldwide contract chipmaking industry, also known as foundries, as demand for sophisticated chips, which have strengthened the technology-driven economies of Taiwan and South Korea, rapidly cools. Foundry sales are forecast to drop by 4...
Sales of global foundries are expected to fall in 2023, hurting Taiwan and South Korea in particular.
The advanced chips that have strengthened the economies of Taiwan and South Korea through technological innovation have seen a sharp decline in demand, and foundry revenues around the world are expected to plummet as a result. Foundry sales are predicted to fall by 4% in 2023 from 2022, according...
- S. Korea saw an increase in 5G users by 14 million in April.
- SK Telecom Co. reported the most 5G subscribers at 6.74 million in April.
- 4G subscriptions declined to stand at 51.18 million in April.
- Some unsatisf...
- Samsung sold over 10,000 units of 2021 QLED TV in S. Korea.
- The new QLED TV models were released in March 3.
- Samsung’s Neo QLED TV accounted for half of its 2021 QLED TV sales in South Korea.
- In 2020, Sam...
- S. Korea's business Chief’s dividend payments rose 37.1% in 2020.
- 39 heads of the nation's 50 conglomerates received a combined US$1.6 billion in 2020.
- Late Samsung Group Chairman Lee Kun Hee’s dividen...
- Samsung Electronics forecasts operating profit of $8.3 billion in Q1.
- Samsung projected its sales at 65 trillion won in the January-March period.
- Samsung projects its chip business to log an operating income below 4 trill...
- S. Korea becomes world’s 3rd largest maker of chip materials in 2020.
- S. Korea’s semiconductor market grew 3.9 percent in 2020.
- China overtook South Korea to occupy the second spot at $9.76 billion.
- Samsung Electronics asked to follow rules on employment restriction.
- Samsung Group’s independent compliance committee recommended the same.
- Lee is currently serving a 2 1/2-year prison term for bribing then-Presiden...
- Samsung Display to expand its OLED panels in gaming display market.
- Samsung Display is currently used in Asus' Republic of Gamers (ROG) Phone 5.
- The display supports a 120Hz refresh rate for fast frame transitions.
- Samsung to lead research on 6G at the ITU-R.
- The team will research on standardization of 6G and commercialization of the same.
- In 2020, Samsung Research released 6G White Paper presenting its views on next-generation com...
- Samsung achieves fastest download speed using 5G and 4G LTE connectivity.
- The company achieved 5.23 gigabits per second (Gbps) in data speeds.
- Its EN-DC technology enables mobile operators to power up the speeds. <...
- Samsung begins mass-production of the first power-efficient SSD.
- The company’s PM9A3E1.S is based on 6th generation V-NAND chips.
- The SSD supports the standards of OCP.
- The latest SSD is also said to...
- Samsung Electronics releases new budget smartphones to increase sales.
- On Wednesday, Samsung released the Galaxy A12 with a price of $245 in South Korea.
- The company released the Galaxy M02 on Feb. 2 in India at a price o...
- S. Korea’s Supreme Court upholds guilty convictions of Samsung Executives.
- The former and current executives are accused of sabotaging labor union activities at a subsidiary company.
- Kang Kyung Hoon, a vice presiden...
- Samsung debuts new Galaxy S21 series phones featuring BTS, Leenalchi.
- The new Galaxy S21 series comes in three models.
- The standard Galaxy S21 will go on sale in South Korea with a price tag of US$910.
- Samsung ...
- S. Korea’s Samsung electronics expects an operating profit of $8.2 billion in Q4 2020.
- From October-December 2020 Samsung projects sales at 61 trillion won.
- Samsung’s mobile unit is expected to post an operati...
- S. Korea’s top 100 firms record surge in their market value over past 5 years.
- The combined market capitalization of these firms stood at US$1.61 trillion.
- Samsung Electronics Co. market value remains at the top wit...
- S. Korean firms to showcase new innovations at CES 2021 in online exhibition.
- The firms have been sponsored by Samsung Electronics Co. and LG Electronics Inc.
- More than 1,950 firms will be taking part in CES 2021. ...
- S. Korea expects exports of chips to top at US$100 billion in FY 2021.
- The expected projection is said to increase by 10.2 percent on-year to $109.3 billion in 2021.
- The country’s two leading memory chipmakers are S...
- Samsung Electronics Co. invests $8 billion to expand its foundry production line.
- Samsung currently has five foundry production lines in its home country.
- This would be the chip-making giant’s sixth production line....