Search result for South Korea
- S. Korea to provide $34.9 billion as financial support to households, companies.
- The financial support would be given ahead of the Lunar New Year's holiday in February.
- Commercial and state-run banks as well as the ce...
- South Korea’s highly pathogenic bird flu case rises to 67.
- The government reported the latest case of the H5N8 strain of avian influenza came from an egg farm in Yongin.
- The price of chicken and duck meat in the cou...
- S. Korean SME’s despite the pandemic reports their exports to fall in 2020.
- Overseas shipments totaled US$100.8 billion last year.
- In 2020, South Korean smaller companies exported $90 million worth of test kits to 1...
- S. Korea Finance Minister announces public institutions to hire more new employees.
- The country’s public institutions in 2021 plan to hire more than 26,000 new employees.
- The minister said that the public sector wil...
- S. Korea asks foreign and local online companies to provide stable services.
- Google, Facebook, Netflix, Naver, Kakao, and Wavve asked to comply with the country’s new law.
- The country will now hold service providers...
- South Korea’s exports of rechargeable batteries increase in 2020.
- In 2020, the overseas shipments of rechargeable batteries came to around $6.6 billion.
- Overseas shipments of rechargeable batteries are forecast to e...
- South Korean stocks open low on Monday morning over profit-taking.
- The KRX benchmark KOSPI fell 23.77 points.
- Samsung Electronics stocks fell 1.48 percent.
- SK Hynix stocks advanced 1.18 percent.
- S. Korean LG Uplus Corp. to stop 2G services by the end of June 2021.
- The telecom operator has submitted its application to the government.
- The country’s telecom operator SK Telecom Co. had shut down its 2G services...
- Bank of Korea maintained its policy rate of 0.5 percent.
- Bank of Korea in November 2020 had frozen the key rate due to economic uncertainty.
- The monthly exports in 2020 advanced 12.6 percent on-year to reach $51.4 billion...
- Kia Corp. by 2027 to launch electric vehicle platforms.
- The new EV platform is called the electric-global modular platform (E-GMP) and will be released in the first quarter.
- The company plans to boost its EV lineup with 1...
- Level 2.5 measures extended for two more weeks in South Korea.
- However, the extension will bring certain ease in restrictions on cafés, gyms, and other indoor facilities.
- In the capital, restaurants, cafes will be ...
- S. Korean PM warned of strong measures that interfere govt.’s antivirus measures.
- A church facility in Sangju, 270 kilometers southeast of Seoul, has emerged as a new hotbed of infections.
- More than 3,000 people are...
- KFTC review the deal by Korean Air to buy Asiana Airlines Inc.
- KFTC will see if the merger could constitute a monopoly or hurt market competition.
- Korean Air in November 2020 said that it will acquire its smaller rival As...
- S. Korea and Iran under talks on resolving frozen assets and releasing ship.
- The South Korean delegation for talks was led by First Vice Foreign Minister Choi Jong Kun.
- Iran's Islamic Revolution Guards Corps seized a...
- S. Korea reports the largest job loss in December 2020 due to pandemic.
- In December 2020, the jobless rate rose 0.7 percentage point on-year to 4.1 percent.
- The unemployment rate for young adults came to 8.1 percent in De...
- S. Korea to provide $27.4 billion in green and digital sector exports.
- The country will provide low-interest loans to exporters in such fields through 2025.
- The country also plans to expand official development assistance...
- Japanese vessel asked to leave S. Korea’s EEZ by the country’s Foreign Ministry.
- The South Korean Coast Guard made the request after spotting the Japanese vessel conducting research.
- The research by the Japane...
- Seoul café and gym owners file lawsuits against govt. over COVID-19.
- Around 230 gym owners filed a 5 million won lawsuit in Seoul Western District Court.
- South Korea has imposed Level 2.5 social distancing restrict...
- S. Korean President announces free of charge COVID-19 vaccines to the country people.
- The country will start the COVID-19 vaccines phases starting next month.
- The President vowed to make last efforts in the stalled North ...
- S. Koreans stocks opened low on its Monday morning trading over profits.
- The benchmark KOSPI fell by 1.76 points.
- Samsung Electronics shares advanced 3.83 percent.
- Hyundai Motor shares surged 3.83 percent. ...