Search result for Tokyo
- One Ota Ward resident arrested for selling fake Olympics and Paralympics medals.
- The person is accused of violating the Trademark Act.
- The suspect sold 3 gold-medal replicas to a junior high school student and few others...
- Japanese retailer Seven & i Holdings to acquire Speedway LLC.
- The former will acquire the convenience store and gas network.
- This would be the fourth-largest acquisition of a foreign company by the J...
- A cluster of COVID-19 infections broke out in Kyoto prefectures six Junior High School.
- The infections broke out when students participated in practice games in the same club.
- PCR tests were performed on 46 students that...
- Tokyo stock market closed with the Nikkei index falling to its lowest level.
- 225-issues Nikkei Stock Average ended down by 629.23 points.
- Topix index finished at 43.41 points.
- The trading volume on the main se...
- Japan records 1,307 new COVID-19 cases; 6 women at a ‘Hostess club’ contracts the infection.
- Tokyo confirmed 463 new COVID-19 infections.
- Six women working at a "hostess club" nightspot on the islan...
- Tokyo stock market opened lower on Friday.
- Investors are concerned about the falling U.S economy.
- 225-issue Nikkei Stock Average lost 162.17 points.
- Tokyo Stock Exchange was down by 10.91 points.
- Foreign residents will be permitted to re-enter Japan; Tokyo reports new COVID-19 cases.
- Some 88,000 people will be allowed to re-enter the country.
- Tokyo reported 367 new cases of COVID-19 today.
- The Metropol...
- Tokyo and Osaka report more than 200 new COVID-19 cases.
- Tokyo has reported around 250 fresh cases.
- Osaka has reported around 155 fresh cases.
- Central Japan prefecture of Aichi also saw a sing...
- Tokyo stocks fall on Wednesday; Nikkei Index falls to a three week low.
- 225-issue Nikkei Stock Average ended down 260.27 points.
- TOPIX index finished by 20.08 points.
- Weak earnings were reported by corporate c...
- NEC and JTB Corp. join hands to launch new service to book hotels during the pandemic.
- The service will allow teleworkers to book empty hotel rooms for use as remote offices.
- The service will be launched on August 31 in ...
- Tokyo shares plunged on Tuesday.
- Earnings report awaited by major corporate firms.
- The stock market saw gains in technology shares.
- 225-issue Nikkei Stock Average ended down by 58.47 points.
- Tokyo Confirmed new COVID-19 cases on Monday; July topped 5,000.
- The single-day figure slipped below the 200-mark for the first time on Monday.
- People who contracted the virus were in their 20s and 30s.
- 87 new...
- Japan records more than 30,000 COVID-19 infections on Saturday.
- Tokyo records 295 new infection cases.
- The death toll in the country climbed to 1,009.
- The figure has exceeded 200 in the fifth straight day.
- Protests near Japan’s National Stadium erupt against holding the Olympics next year.
- The Tokyo Olympics were postponed in March due to the pandemic.
- Japanese citizens are worried about holding a big sporting event s...
- Tokyo Olympics rescheduled to 2021
- Japan experience s surge in covid cases again
Japan was prepared and excited to host the 2020 Tokyo Olympics this year. However the pandemic ruin all that and Japan was left with no options b...
- Japan’s COVID-19 infection cases are on the rise; Tokyo, Osaka prefecture.
- A total of 796 new cases of COVID-19 infection reported in the country.
- The capital, Tokyo reported a single-day record of 366 new infectio...
- Re-entry of Foreign residents in Japan will begin shortly; says Shinzo Abe.
- The country currently has a strict travel ban for 129 countries.
- The country will also enter into discussions with 12 Asian economic countries.<...
- Researchers from Japan found an asteroid that led to meteorites on Earth and the Moon.
- Osaka University and University of Tokyo researchers grouped together to study the same.
- The estimated asteroid measured over 10...
- Tokyo Olympic President rejects the idea of holding the games without spectators.
- The committee will convene a panel from September to discuss the matter.
- Mori said that it is preferable to maintain the schedule for the ...
- Tokyo stock market closed lower on Wednesday.
- 225-issue Nikkei Stock Average ended down by 132.61 points.
- Due to the national holidays trading was slow in the Tokyo stock market.
- On the main section trading vo...