Search result for Xinjiang
On Wednesday The United Nations issued a shocking report on investigating significant human rights violations in China's Xinjiang province, claiming torture allegations were plausible and alleging possible crimes against humanity.
Despite strong pressure from an enraged Beijing, the...
- China Xinjiang’s permanent population rose 18.52 percent in a decade.
- By October 2020Xinjiang's permanent population had reached 25.85 million.
- The population of the Uygur ethnic group grew by 1.62 million. ...
- China tells IOC Chief about it supporting Tokyo Olympics.
- The Chinese President had a telephonic conversation with IOC Chief.
- Many are asking to postpone or cancel Tokyo Games over the increasing spread of the virus. ...
- Japan, Britain confirms security cooperation for free & open Indo-Pacific.
- Motegi welcomed Britain's scheduled dispatch of the aircraft carrier Queen Elizabeth.
- Both the countries expressed their concerns about Ch...
- China criticizes Britain’s motion with regards to Xinjiang region.
- China says the move by the British House of Commons violates international law and their relations.
- Britain said the treatment against Uygurs in Xin...
- China rejects Human Rights Watch accusations of abuses in Xinjiang.
- Human Rights Watch appealed to the U.N. Human Rights Commission to investigate reports Xinjiang region.
- Beijing refuted by saying the camps are for job t...
- Beijing expresses opposition over free and open Indo-Pacific.
- While the U.S and Japan have called for a free and open Indo-Pacific region.
- China has again reiterated its defence of its aggression and gross human rights vi...
- Yoshihide Suga vows to maintain ground over China’s assertiveness.
- China has been increasing its military and economic assertiveness lately over the East and South China seas.
- Japan is said to strive to enhance its ...
- The trade minister of Australia said that, sovereignty is non-negotiable after the warning against Xinjiang by China
- The ambassador said that, the people should not be under the illusion that China will be swallowing the bitter pill ...
- China tells foreign companies not to make rash on comments on Xinjiang.
- Chinese consumers have boycotted H&M, Burberry, Nike, Adidas and other Western brands.
- In January, the U.S apparently announced an import ban on ...
• China on Saturday made an announcement that it is imposing sanctions on individuals and entities in the United States and Canada
• China would impose sanctions on the chair of the United States Commission on International Religious Freedom (USCIRF) Gayle...
• Porter said “The US condemns the PRC social media campaigns and corporate and consumer boycott against companies, including American, European and Japanese business.”
• Several international companies like Adidas, Nike, H&M and Burberry h...
- Chinese celebrities terminate foreign brand endorsements over Xinjiang comments.
- Brands like New Balance, Under Armour, Tommy Hilfiger and Converse, owned by Nike, have come under fire in China.
- Around 27 Chinese movie st...
• The action taken by the US is in tandem with the decision made by the European Union to sanction four Chinese individuals
• Along with the United States, Foreign Ministries of Britain and Canada also issued statements where they have condemned the treatm...
- China blacklisted 10 EU individuals, 4 entities over Brussels’ sanctions.
- Four entities were also blacklisted due to Brussels’ sanctions.
- The EU has accused Chinese officials of alleged human rights abuses in ...
- China’s Ministry of Education refers to violence which mars the atmosphere in Australia with attacks directed at students of Asian origin, and also cited great dangers of travelling during the coronavirus pandemic
- Warning comes after Chinese state media this week labelled...
• Twitter on Wednesday suspended the account of China’s US embassy over a tweet that defended Beijing’s policies in the Xinjiang region
• The tweet was taken down by Twitter and was replaced by a label which states it was no longer available
- Retailer Marks & Spencer has given their consent to a call to action on human rights abuses in China's Xinjiang region.
- In December, the BBC disclosed new evidence that China is forcing countless Uighurs and other lesser-known minorities into hard, manual labour in the ...
- China Foreign Ministry slams false information claims made by the U.S over Xinjiang.
- China calls the false information to be “the lie of the century”.
- The U.S embassy in China retweeted several posts related t...
- China investments with EU states under threat over EP resolution on Uyghurs.
- The EP passed a resolution on Dec. 18 on forced labour and conditions of Uyghurs.
- Uyghurs and other primarily Muslim ethnic minorities live in X...