Search result for YOSHIHIDE SUGA
- Japan PM asks Pfizer Inc. to provide additional supplies of vaccine.
- Suga made the request to Pfizer CEO Albert Bourla in a telephone conversation.
- The govt. will expand tougher COVID-19 restrictions next week to all thre...
- Yoshihide Suga vows to maintain ground over China’s assertiveness.
- China has been increasing its military and economic assertiveness lately over the East and South China seas.
- Japan is said to strive to enhance its ...
“PRIME MINISTER SUGA AND I AFFIRM OUR IRON-CLAD SUPPORT FOR US-JAPANESE ALLIANCE” SAYS PRESIDENT BIDEN
• The President of the United States, Joe Biden on Friday affirmed his iron-clad support for the US-Japanese alliance
• Biden said we are announcing a new competitive and reliance partnership (CORE) between Japan and the United States that will enhance our...
- Japan raised its aim to reduce greenhouse gas emissions by 40%.
- The govt. has initially targeted to slash emissions by 26% by 2030.
- The govt. also plans to increase the use of natural gas power plants.
- The govt...
• Talking to the reporters, Chief Cabinet Secretary Katsunobu Kato said that the Japanese PM will be the first foreign leader to meet Biden in person since he took over the office on January 20
• While Tokyo is hoping to develop close relations with the ne...
- Japan and Indonesia likely to agree on exports of defense equipment.
- The two countries aim to boost cooperation with China’s ongoing assertiveness in regional waters.
- The countries have also agreed to coordinate in ...
• Talking to a news channel in the country, a US official said that the missiles launched by North Korea were most likely short-range ballistic missiles
• The Prime Minister of Japan, Yoshihide Suga told reporters the projectiles were ballistic missiles an...
- Japan is investigating line app over access to personal information to China.
- PM Suga announced the investigation during the House of Councillors budget committee session.
- The government is planning to suspend recruitment...
- Japan likely to make inbound travellers undergo COVID-19 test a requirement.
- 24 designated countries are currently required to take additional testing three days after entering Japan.
- Japan tightened border controls on tr...
- Japan Govt. to formally decide to end COVID-19 state of emergency.
- The Prime Minister is expected to lift the measure in Tokyo, Kanagawa, Chiba, and Saitama prefectures.
- The government decided to do so after a panel of ex...
- Japan govt. likely to decide on COVID-19 state of emergency situation.
- The decision may be made on Thursday whether to stick to the emergency or end it.
- Prime Minister Suga is set to have a meeting with his Cabinet members to d...
- Japan govt. to extend COVID-19 state of emergency by two weeks on Friday.
- The extension to March 21 comes as health experts have warned that a premature exit could lead to a resurgence in infections.
- Tokyo, Kanagawa, Chib...
- Governor of Tokyo expressed caution about lifting state of emergency.
- The COVID-19 state of emergency is expected to end in the metropolitan region this weekend.
- The Tokyo governor expects daily new cases to fall to 70 pe...
- Japan telecom company NTT Docomo lowers its 20 GB plan to $25.
- The plan is supposedly the cheapest among similar plans offered by 3 other telecom companies.
- The company will start offering the discounted plan named &ldquo...
- Japan govt. decides to continue the state of emergency this week.
- Hospitals in the country continue to be under pressure with severe COVID-19 infection cases.
- Aichi and Gifu prefectures have been eyeing for an early exit ...
- Japan PM announces to spend $11 billion for coronavirus subsidies.
- The central govt. will disburse the money from reserve funds for fiscal 2020.
- Around 880.2 billion yen will be given to local municipalities to aid restau...
- Japan's economic key index fell by 1.2 points in December 2020.
- The leading index of economic conditions declined 1.2 points to 94.9 in December.
- The economy reportedly had the largest fall in seven months in Dec...
- Japan Govt. has decided to extend the state of emergency until March 7.
- Hospitals in the country continue to remain under pressure to surge in patients.
- Tochigi prefecture will be removed from the state of emergency as th...
- Japan reports a rise in new car sales by 6.8 percent in January 2021.
- In January 2021, sales of new cars rose to 384.442 units.
- Sales excluding minicars rose by 6.8 percent to 236,592 vehicles.
- Toyota reported ...
- Japan Govt. announces to hold COVID-19 vaccination simulation in Kawasaki.
- Taro Kono, the minister in charge of vaccination efforts announced the same.
- Japan is set to receive 310 million vaccine doses from two U.S. pharm...