Search result for YOSHIHIDE SUGA
- Japan conducted the year’s ordinary parliamentary session; PM gave a policy speech.
- PM Suga vowed to bring the coronavirus situation under control in the country.
- The country is said to continue to host the Tokyo Ol...
- Japan govt. suspends entry of all non-resident foreign nationals.
- The measure has been taken in an effort to curb the spread of the novel coronavirus.
- Japanese and resident foreigners will require signing a pledge upon ar...
- BOJ Governor suggests country’s economy severe and recovery be moderate.
- Later in the day, BOJ is scheduled to release its quarterly Sakura report on regional economies.
- BOJ Governor Kuroda said the consumer price i...
- KDDI offers cheapest option of data mobile plan for $24 a month.
- KDDI is expected to announce the new plan today along with other price options.
- NTT Docomo Inc. has set its 20GB plan at 2,980 yen.
- SoftBank Corp...
- 7 additional prefectures to be added under Japan’s state of emergency order.
- Tochigi, Gifu, Hyogo, Kyoto, Fukuoka, Osaka, and Aichi prefectures will be the newly added prefectures.
- Declaration of a state of emergenc...
- Japan PM informs the ruling party of the plans to expand the state of emergency.
- Aichi and Gifu prefecture in central Japan seeks to be added to the state of an emergency measure.
- Suga is said to declare a state of emerge...
- Japan reports 4 people arriving from Brazil infected with new variant of COVID-19.
- Japan PM to take a few days to decide whether to expand the state of emergency.
- Japan’s National Institute of Infectious Diseases di...
- Japan declares a state of emergency in Tokyo over increasing COVID-19 infections.
- The emergency will be effective from Friday to Feb. 7, 2021.
- There will no punishment for those who might fail to comply with the emergency...
- PM Yoshihide Suga likely to declare a state of emergency around Thursday.
- The state of emergency if so declared would be in Tokyo and 3 neighboring prefectures.
- The plan of emergency may be in place for about one month.
- Japan’s economy expected to pick up at the end of FY 2021.
- In the next fiscal year to March 2022, the country’s economy is expected to grow 3.42 percent.
- The Japanese government expects a 4.0 percent growth ne...
- Yoshihide Suga vows to bring COVID-19 under control; push forward with Olympics.
- Suga in his New Year’s speech thanked frontline health care workers for working to fight the coronavirus.
- Currently, the Tokyo Olympic...
- Investors forecast Tokyo stocks to rise in 2021.
- The 225-issue Nikkei Stock Average ended trading the highest in 2020 year-end close.
- The benchmark Nikkei rose by 15 percent just in November.
- Companies related ...
- SoftBank Corp. unveils new cheaper telecom plans as the government asked.
- The telecom service company will launch the new plan in March.
- The plan is of 2,980 yen with 20 GB of data usage.
- The new prices are sai...
- Japan PM attends large dinner party with celebrities; forgoes COVID-19 protocol.
- Japan has suspended ‘Go To Travel’ campaign nationwide due to surging COVID-19 cases.
- COVID-19 guidelines currently suggest a ga...
- Japan Cabinet approves 3rd supplementary budget of $210 billion for fiscal 2020.
- A new national bond worth 22.40 trillion yen will be issued from the supplementary budget.
- Japan’s current fiscal year’s debt is...
- Japan govt. to raise out-of-pocket money for elderly people’s medical fees.
- The plan is said to be possibly approved by the Cabinet on Tuesday.
- The government wants to lower the burden on the working generation.
- Japan to review progress of its goal towards reducing greenhouse gas emissions.
- PM of Japan has earlier vowed to become a carbon-neutral country by 2050.
- Japan will support global decarbonization by providing around $11....
- Japan seeks to promote investment in Mozambique; says Tohimitsu Motegi.
- The Southeastern African country is said to be rich in natural gas and coal.
- Motegi in a visit to Mozambique pitched the concept of a free and open I...
- Additional $3.7 billion in reserve funds to be used in Japan to fight the pandemic.
- The Cabinet Office on Friday decided to use the funds to extend the travel subsidy program.
- The emergency spending includes 311.93 billio...
- Japan PM and LDP to raise out-of-pocket medical expenses from 10% to 20%.
- The medical expenses would be for people aged 75 or above in single-household.
- The single-household must have an annual income of at least 2 millio...