Search result for automobiles
- The export of South Korean made passenger cars slumped by 40.6 percent in the second quarter (Q2).
- In the period of April-June, South Korean carmakers shipped passenger cars worth US$ 6.2 billion.
- The number of passenger car uni...
- South Korean automakers expect a slump of 25 percent on average from a year ago due to coronavirus pandemic outbreak.
- 130 automakers and auto component manufacturers have projected that the sales will reduce by 17.6 billion won.
• Steel giants Tata and Thyssenkrupp shut down majority of plants
• Automobile industry consumes 1/5 of total steel consumption
As an impact of shutdown of car plants, the European steelmakers have ceased production. Due to global coronavir...
- The automotive supply chain has been severely affected by COVID-19 outbreak
- Automakers had to implement workarounds to supply pre-booked automobiles
COVID-19 outbreak has had a major impact on the supply deadlines of auto...
- Japanese Domestic Market cars were renowned for superior handling and reliability
- A sudden influx of new models in the 80s and 90s led to under-appreciation of many cars
The Japanese Domestic Market cars were designed and...
- The former executive of Auto parts maker Continental Automotive Korea Ltd. has been banished by the U.S.
- He was pleaded guilty to rigging bids for auto parts.
- He was sentenced to nine months in prison by the Justice Department.<...
- The limited-edition GTA is lighter as compared to the Giulia Quadrifoglio.
- Initially, there were no plans of selling limited-edition Giulia GTA in the U.S., however, the company is now evaluating the possibility.
- The new car is ...
- Japan has been on the edge of recession due to the consumption tax hike of October 2019
- COVID-19 has drastically hit the sales of retail and automobile industry in Japan
February recorded a sharp reduction in sales across...
- The Australian subsidiary of the Kumho tire is considered as a company treasure.
- Kumho has a total of 5.3 percent share of the Australian market.
- Kumho provides tires in its mid-level pricing and is used as original equipment (O...
- Hyundai Motor Co. joined hands with HCE to develop construction vehicles powered by hydrogen.
- A memorandum of understanding is signed by the two Hyundai companies and Hyundai Mobis Co. for the construction.
- The prototypes will b...
- Hyundai Motor and Kia Motors' sales of EVs in the European market has ramped up.
- The sales in the European market in January is at 6,083 units.
- Hyundai’s Kona recorded the highest sales.
The sales of ...
- South Korea remained in 7th position among the world's top 10 car manufacturing countries.
- South Korea produced 3.95 million vehicles in 2019 which accounts for a drop of 1.9 percent from 2018.
- In the world share, the produc...
- General Motors (GM), the parent company of the Holden brand, announced that it will no longer make cars for Australian roads.
- GM announced that it will stop producing vehicles for right-hand-drive markets.
- Holden bosses stated t...
- Korean carmakers are on track from today for normalizing production.
- Hyundai Motors Co. and its sister company Kia Motors Corp. partially restarted the production in Korea.
- The carmakers plan to imports auto parts from Southeast...
- Recycling of tyres remains a complex issue.
- Pirelli tyres have been named as the world leader in the fight against global warming.
- More global brands are switching towards eco-friendly methods for accelerating the tyre industry....
- More and more fashion shows are being sponsored or presented by tech companies
- Fashion shows are advantageous for tech companies to show their products
Tech companies like Alibaba and Amazon are using their platforms to p...
- U.S. News & World Report announced Best Presidents Day Car Deals for 2020.
- The list includes nine vehicles including sports cars, SUVs, and a full-size truck.
- The deals come with exciting offers including stellar financing, ...
- Tesla Model 3 is the only car on the list of EVs which has a positive year-over-year change in sales.
- The sales have gone up by 14% from 2018-2019.
- Tesla's popularity in the electric vehicle market is due to the company'...
- Paul Emery is the new sales director of Hankook Tyre UK.
- He will be handling sales of truck and bus tyre segment.
- Paul has 30 years of experience in tyre industry.
Paul Emery was appointed as the new Sales Dire...
- Tesla owns 60% of the US market.
- Model 3 of Tesla is alone responsible for around half of the US EV market.
- Tesla is not only ruling the market but also it is establishing brand awareness and mindshare.