Search result for business news
- Reservations for trips to and from Tokyo have begun under ‘Go To Travel’ plan.
- Japan’s travel agencies and hotels on Friday began accepting reservations.
- The travel subsidy plan currently offers a 35 per...
- Due to the pandemic Japan reported an estimate of 8,700 foreign travellers in August.
- The country reported a decline of 99.7 percent in the number of visitors.
- Visitors from China totaled to 1,600 in August.
- Chairman of Japan Business Federation hopeful for economic reforms under Suga’s leadership.
- Several business leaders mentioned keeping their belief in the new Cabinet.
- PM Yoshihide Suga has pledged to continue &lsq...
- Sony’s PlayStation 5 video game console to launch in Nov.12, costs $500.
- The new consoles promise faster load times, better graphics, and new games.
- The new Sony PS5 is said to come in two different models. ...
- Bank of Japan maintained its ultraloose monetary policy in its two-day meeting.
- The central bank however gave a slightly better assessment of the economy.
- The central bank maintained short-term interest rates at minus 0.1...
- Hitachi Ltd. confirms exit from the nuclear power plant project in Britain.
- The Tokyo based company will exit the $28 billion project deal.
- Hitachi was to construct two reactors on the island of Anglesey in northern Wales...
- Fraudulent e-money withdrawal scams continue to hit Japan.
- Five other service operators have reported the problem; besides NTT Docomo Inc.
- All the five firms found illicit withdrawals from accounts at Japan Post Bank Co....
- Hitachi Ltd. to withdraw its plan of building a new nuclear power plant in Britain.
- The Tokyo based company determined that resuming work would be impossible.
- The official decision will be made at a board meeting on Sept...
- Semiannual bonus payments for workers at Tokyo Disney Resort to be cut; pandemic
- Bonus payments for about 4,000 of its employees to be cut by 70%.
- The operator of the resort – Oriental Land Co. is considering additi...
- United Airlines based in Narita likely to lay off 150 Japanese flight attendants.
- The flight attendants may lose their jobs by Oct.1.
- Some 350 flight attendants belong to the airline’s Narita base among which 180 a...
- SoftBank to sell off its stake at Arm Ltd. to U.S Nvidia Corp. at $40 billion.
- SoftBank Group intends to recover from its recent investment losses by the sale.
- The sale is expected to be completed by around March 202...
- Post-BREXIT free trade deal between Japan and Britain to be signed in October.
- The trade deal is aimed to come into force starting 2021.
- The bilateral trade deal will increase London’s deal with Japan by around $2 t...
- Tokyo stocks end higher on Friday as yen weakens against U.S dollar.
- 225-issue Nikkei Stock Average ended up 171.02 points.
- Topix index ended at 11.78 points.
- Stock issue gains were led by marine transportatio...
- Around $18.8 million to be returned by Amazon’s Japan unit to its suppliers.
- The company has pledged to do the above as part of their reforms submitted to JFTC.
- Amazon Japan is exempted from penalties.
- NTT Docomo reports $113,000 to be stolen from bank accounts via its e-money service.
- On Wednesday, around 37 cases of improper withdrawals were reported at 10 banks.
- The company has currently stopped new registrations of...
- Colowide Co. raise stakes in dining chain Ootoya Holdings to 46.77 percent.
- Colowide runs a wide range of Japanese style pubs and restaurants.
- Colowide has offered $29.02 per share of Ootoya Holdings.
- Colowide ...
- Japan Business Federation Chairman criticizes Shinzo Abe’s inability to tackle the pandemic.
- Hiroaki Nakanishi held his first conference after his hospitalization from lymphoma.
- Nakanishi intends to collaborate wit...
- Japanese government to pay companies to move factories from China to Southeast Asia.
- The list of countries also includes India and Bangladesh.
- The government wants to secure supply chains and reduce dependence on China fo...
- Japan unit of Amazon Inc. submits proposed reforms to the JFTC.
- If JFTC accepts the proposal it will be exempted from administrative penalties.
- Amazon Japan was investigated by JFTC in 2016.
- On July JFTC had n...
- Honda and General Motors signed a deal to work together on future projects.
- Both the automakers plan to explore sharing vehicle underpinnings together.
- The companies also plan to cooperate on purchasing, research, and co...