Search result for carbon emissions
• In order curb the emissions, Seiko Epson intends to spend nearly 900 million dollars
Global warming is one of the biggest problems faced by mankind today. Top companies in Japan have now decided to take on this problem. In order to do so, they are increasingl...
- The value of Bitcoin has fallen to US $ 50,000.
- A tweet from Elon Musk resulted into 17% fall in the price.
- Elon Musk is concerned about fossil fuels, especially coal being used increasingly for Bitcoin mining and transactions.
- People’s Bank of China to devise structural monetary policy.
- The policy tools will help support the economy for key projects in the reduction of carbon emissions.
- The policy will establish an incentive-compatible me...
- Japan’s clothing items generate over 95 million tons of CO2 a year.
- About 98% of garments in the Japanese market in 2020 were imported from overseas.
- Around 5 million tons are attributed to burning unsold clothes of...
- United Kingdom is going to speed up the target for cutting the carbon emissions in the country
- The climate law is going to be extended for covering the international aviation and shipping
Boris Johnson is going to announc...
- PetroChina aims to supply zero-cabon products by 2025.
- It also expects its carbon emissions to peak by 2025.
- In 2025, the company aims to produce between 150 billion and 160 billion cubic metres of natural gas.
• In order to keep the global warming in check and for a zero-carbon world, the United Nations came up with an international campaign called Race To Zero
• The Race To Zero campaign which wants it’s partners to achieve net zero emissions by 2050 curr...
- Most of the electricity in Poland is generated from coal burning.
- However, EU has made it compulsory for all members to cut down carbon emissions.
- Poland is planning to use nuclear energy for generating electricity.
- Ofgem has asked network operators to accelerate their decarbonisation efforts.
- Ofgem has planned separate budget of billions of pounds for infrastructure upgrades to aid decarbonization.
- Experts fear that nothing significant can h...
- Emissions from the energy and transport industries observed a rise
- The UK needs to cut 12 megatons of CO2 every year to meet its net-zero target by 2050
Following the easing of COVID-19 lockdow...
- Maersk is aiming for reduced carbon emissions in the shipping industry.
- It plans to build a research center in Denmark concentrating the same.
- The shipping industry accounts for around 3% of global carbon emissions. ...
Greta Thunberg is among those few young personalities which are known globally. It was her fierce speech at the United Nations Climate Change Conference which took place in the year 2018 that gave her the recognition.
Greta Thunberg, an environmental activist from the Sweden is again in th...
• Virtual shutdown of key carbon industries
• Energy industry to go through restructuring
• Fall in amount of carbon emissions
According to some of the trade pundits and industry experts, the coronavirus pandemic will prove as game changer for energy m...
- It will be undermining investment in clean energy
- It may lead to a slump in global carbon emissions
According to the global energy watchdog, this year the coronavirus health crisis may lead to a slump in global carbo...
- Isle of Wight based fashion platform Teemill specializes in sustainable fashion
- The brand has launched Remill which can be recycled umpteen number of times
Remill has been labeled as circular economy clothing fabric. This...
- Japan criticized for exporting coal energy and related technology to developing countries
- The Environment Ministry announced the decision to tighten the guidelines related to the export of the fossil energy
- Scientists discover new ways to scrub CO2 from smokestack emissions
- The new Metal Organic Frameworks (MOFs) are the key to intercept CO2 molecules and mitigate global warming
The National Atmospheric and Oc...
‘The people's eyes are on us': at the climate summit, wrath fades, as countries fail to settle on significant obligations
The lack of political progress to fix the carbon emissions, as the international climate talks in Madrid take longer, was increasingly frustrated by the environmentalists and campaigners.
After talks on the two major thorny issues Anger developed all week on how to create new global car...