Search result for coal
- China has increased its import threshold for thermal coal by 20 million tonnes to see it through until the end of the year, although Australian shipments of the commodity will not benefit as US$500 million worth of its coal exports remains stuck at Chinese ports amid an on-going spat...
- China plans again on banning Australian Coal, industry news agencies posted, as China’s customs department urged the steelmakers and power plants to prohibit the same
Since the pandemic has begun, the two countries have drifted...
- Potential investors in Samsung Construction & Trade (C&T) and Korea Electric Power Corp. (KEPCO) are still unbinding over the companies' comments to stall participation in overseas coal-fired power plant projects, saying the comments came a little late, right after approving p...
- AkamdemikerPension (AkaP), a Danish pension fund and a shareholder in Samsung Group companies, is calling for the conglomerate's construction unit.
- Samsung C&T, to put an end to financing and building of new coal-fired power plants across the world, voicing a number of ...
- Francophone liberal party leader Georges-Louis Bouchez says that Sophie Wilmès should remain PM.
- Belgium is facing crisis of coalition politics.
On Sunday, 6 SEP 2020, francophone liberal party leader Georges-Louis ...
- Belgian Prime Minister Sophie Wilmès hopes for progress of discussions to form a new federal government.
- The term of interim government expires on 17 SEP 2020.
On Wednesday, 2 SEP 2020, the Flemish centrist CD&V...
- Most of the electricity in Poland is generated from coal burning.
- However, EU has made it compulsory for all members to cut down carbon emissions.
- Poland is planning to use nuclear energy for generating electricity.
- Coal mining operations have come to a halt in Poland.
- Many coal miners are infected with coronavirus.
- The Polish ministry in charge of state assets has postponed talks with coal mining unions to restructure the coal sector. ...
- Japan’s wholesale prices of several products drop by 0.9 percent in July.
- Prices for oil and coal products fell by 19.3 percent.
- Prices for chemical products slipped by 5.0 percent.
- Imports and exports p...
- South Korean lawmakers proposed a bill that would ban the nation’s public support for coal-fired power projects outside the country.
- The four draft bills prohibit the East Asian country’s largest-owned utility firm and financia...
- Japan’s Environment Ministry to halt funds for coal-fired plant technology.
- Ministry plans to review funds for the nation’s basic energy plan.
- Japan’s infrastructure export strategy outline was approved ...
- Prayut Chan-o-cha got re-elected as Thailand Prime Minister in 2019.
- The Thai army chief General Prayuth Chan-o-cha was due to be retiring in September.
- He installed himself as Thailand's leader following a coup in 20...
- White House clarifies that Trump was informed about Russia offering bounties for killing coalition forces
- White House says a US president is always the most informed person
The US intelligence had mad...
US INTELLIGENCE CERTAIN THAT RUSSIA OFFERED TALIBANS BOUNTY TO KILL COALITION TROOPS, US SOLDIERS INCLUDED
- Post US intelligence’s certainty that Russia had instigated killings of coalition troops, the President, Vice President and White House National Security adviser informed
- Trump plays down the information as he seeks a second term as the P...
• After this decision by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi, 100 percent FDI (Foreign Direct Investment) will be allowed
• The commercialization of these coal blocks will approximately generate Rs 33,000 crore of capital investment in India over the period o...
- Britain to achieve a significant landmark in terms of the use of renewable energy resources.
- The country does not need to use fossil fuel to generate electricity anymore.
- The UK has the biggest offshore wind industry in t...
- Germany's coalition government will aid cash for families with children.
- Germany’s GDP expected to shrink by 6.3% this year due to the pandemic.
- Families will receive a one-time transfer of $341.02 for each chil...
- The coal market rebounded after four years from its lowest price would now need to struggle with the renewed prospectus of China of restricting Australian supplies.
- Chinese officials are targeting Australia’s exports which include wi...
- The residents of Little Village has suffered enough
- The demolition has now exposed the residents to chemicals which they had always feared.
Respiratory discomfort is considered a vital sign of the coronavirus. Add to this an existing prob...
- Coal India production has increased for the third consecutive month.
- Production for February is at 14.2 percent on-year basis.
- Coal India stocks are trading at a price of Rs. 173.6 during the trading day.