Search result for coronavirus pandemic
- Japan govt. reports a 1.0 percent drop in the Dec. consumer price index.
- In 2020, the core CPI dipped 0.2 percent on average.
- In December, electricity bills fell 7.9 percent and gas bills at 9.5 percent.
- Hyundai and Kia expect to post double-digit growth in Q4 operating profit.
- Hyundai is likely to post an operating profit of 1.71 trillion won in Q4.
- Kia is reportedly expected to post 4.4 percent to 16.82 trillion won.
- S. Korea records US$13.8 billion in online shopping transactions in Nov.2020.
- Coronavirus pandemic led people in S. Korea to buy products via e-commerce platforms.
- Online transactions of food delivery were high at 60.6 pe...
- Japan NPA reports drop in number of traffic deaths in 2020.
- The data showed a drop to a record low of 2,839 in 2020.
- In 2020, a total of 309,000 traffic deaths were confirmed.
- Tokyo reported the highest number ...
- BOJ to assess its ultraloose monetary policy framework.
- The BOJ plans on studying the side effects of its monetary policy in March.
- The central bank has maintained short-term interest rates at minus 0.1 percent.
- BOK reports the country’s financial market to be stable.
- BOK published its biennial report on financial stability to the National Assembly.
- South Korean household’s outstanding debt reached 1,682.2 trillion wo...
- Household assets in Japan in September end record $18 trillion.
- The recorded data is up by 2.7 percent from a year earlier.
- Total assets held in cash and deposits increased by 4.9% to 1,034 trillion yen.
- The as...
- Anxiety in the pandemic and how to take care of yourself.
- The pandemic has certainly had a heavy impact on the physical, mental, and social status of everyone around.
- Pandemic has created too much ‘uncertainty&rsquo...
- Japan government's defense budget to be around $51.5 billion for fiscal 2021.
- The general account budget is said to top 100 trillion yen for the 3rd year straight.
- The Cabinet Office is expected to approve the draft b...
- Japan's exports fell in November to $59 billion for the 24th month.
- Shipments of diesel to Australia and cars to Europe and the Middle East remained sluggish.
- Exports of cars and auto parts shrank by 3.0 percent and ...
- ANA opened its 1st international route since the pandemic; new flight to Shenzhen.
- Tokyo and Beijing have restarted mutual business travel since last month.
- The airline company is also targeting an increase in demand for ...
- Japan Cabinet to issue more new bonds worth $1.08 trillion to manage the economy.
- Japan’s tax revenue is expected to fall more than 8 trillion yen short in fiscal 2020.
- The third supplementary budget for the current...
- Around $1.9 billion to be allocated by Japan Govt. to host U.S Military bases.
- The initial budget has been eyed for fiscal 2021 and is almost the same amount as fiscal 2020.
- The current ‘sympathy budget’ is se...
- Additional $3.7 billion in reserve funds to be used in Japan to fight the pandemic.
- The Cabinet Office on Friday decided to use the funds to extend the travel subsidy program.
- The emergency spending includes 311.93 billio...
- Japan’s budget for FY2021 to be more than $986 billion due to pandemic.
- Some 5 trillion yen has already been set aside for funds in addition to the above amount.
- The current FY2020 budget has been 102.66 trillion ye...
- Corporate earnings to bring down tax revenue in Japan for fiscal 2020.
- Tax revenue is expected to fall short by more than 8 trillion yen.
- Tax revenue in the current fiscal year through March may total to about 55 trillion...
- Japan has compiled an additional economic package worth $707 billion.
- The amount would be used to ease the economic impact of the pandemic.
- The package will include extensions of subsidy programs such as ‘Go To Trav...
- Toshimitsu Motegi may possibly visit Mauritius, South Africa, and Tunisia next week.
- The visit would be in response to the oil spill in the Indian Ocean and coronavirus pandemic.
- Motegi in September had vowed to provide l...
- Japan’s JTB Corp. to reduce workforce under broad restructuring.
- JTB is said to have recorded a net loss of 78.17 billion yen for the April-September period.
- The company plans to reduce 115 outlets in Japan and clos...
- Japan Government reports fall in CPI in October by 0.7%.
- Japan’s core consumer prices fell by 0.7 percent from a year ago.
- The BOJ lowered its CPI forecast for fiscal 2020, projecting a 0.6 percent year-on-year fall...