Search result for defense ministry
- Japan welcomes Britain’s plan to dispatch an aircraft carrier strike group.
- Japan Defense Minister had a video conference call with British counterpart.
- The aircraft carrier strike group will be dispatched in the we...
• The ministry in a statement on its official microblog said “We firmly oppose this and we monitored the ships passage from the sea and air”
• The US Navy in a statement said their Arleigh Burke-class guided missile destroyers USS John S. McCai...
- Taiwan put on alert and deployed ships and jets over Chinese aircraft carrier.
- A Chinese aircraft carrier the Shandong sailed through the strait in the Taiwan region.
- Taipei sent out six warships and eight aircraft to sta...
- Japan government's defense budget to be around $51.5 billion for fiscal 2021.
- The general account budget is said to top 100 trillion yen for the 3rd year straight.
- The Cabinet Office is expected to approve the draft b...
- Japan’s LDP approves Cabinet’s draft plan on long-range anti-ship missiles.
- On Friday, the Cabinet will approve the above mentioned plan.
- The standoff missile will be capable of launching itself from land as w...
- Japan’s firing range of surface-to-ship missiles not aimed to strike enemy bases.
- The firing range is to strengthen standoff defense capability for the country.
- Japan opposition lawmakers have raised concerns over b...
- Japan aims to boost cybersecurity capabilities along with ASEAN.
- The world has become more dependent on virtual communications after the outbreak of coronavirus.
- Official members of ASEAN will participate in seminars to ...
- Mothers urge to ban U.S military aircraft flying over daycare center in Okinawa.
- The group of mothers visited the Okinawa Defense Bureau to discuss the issue.
- The mothers are said to have complained about the problem for ...
- Japan SDF to send nurses in Hokkaido due to shortage of health care workers.
- The nurses will be sent to Asahikawa city in Hokkaido.
- The central Hokkaido city has reported a series of cluster infections.
- Osaka facing a shortage of healthcare workers attending severe COVID-19 cases.
- Osaka Gov, on Monday, asked help for help to the central govt. to send nurses from SDF.
- Japan Defense Ministry mentioned that they are ready t...
- Japan and U.S conduct large-scale joint military drills; media invited to view.
- The drill was launched due to growing assertiveness in the East and South China seas.
- The two countries practiced two exercises, namely &ndas...
- Japan plans to develop the next fighter jet with the U.S and Britain.
- Japan plans to develop a successor for its F-2 fighter jet.
- Japan plans to develop the prototype of the new fighter jet by 2024.
- Japan and Canada to push North Korea to abandon nuclear, missile programs.
- Japan Defense Minister Nobuo Kishi and his Canadian counterpart Harjit Sajjan discussed the same over telephone talks.
- The two ministers had a tel...
- The new Aegis Shore ship will cost over 500 billion yen for Japan to build.
- The new plan is more expensive than the scrapped land-based interception system.
- Japan plans to build two advanced Aegis destroyers.
- U.S made Osprey tilt-rotor aircraft tested by Japan GSDF for the first time.
- The aircraft drill was held at a camp east of Tokyo.
- The first Osprey flight outside the camp was scheduled to fly earlier on Nov.10.
- Japan will not refer to acquiring strike capabilities against foreign bases.
- Next month the Defense Ministry will be revising its national defense plan.
- The Japanese government had scrapped the Aegis Ashore missile defens...
- Japan Defense Ministry considers building two Aegis ships.
- The plan to deploy a land-based defense system was scrapped by the government.
- The final decision has not yet been made; the government is expecting an interim re...
- Japan considers using large ship as an alternative to Aegis Ashore missile defense system.
- Defense Ministry may use a 9,000-ton ship for the same.
- The decision will be made around the year's end.
- The land-...
- Japan unveiled its new submarine ‘The Taigei’ in western Japan.
- The submarine is an effort to boost Japan’s maritime security amid China’s growing assertiveness.
- The submarine weighs 3,000 tons.
- Japan to introduce unmanned fighter jets for its defense force.
- The Defense ministry is planning to retire Air Self-Defense Force’s aging F-2s.
- The proposal for the unmanned fighter jets was made earlier this year ...