Search result for economy
• The Senate Finance Committee's hearing is expected to feature several topics like foreign-exchange policy to taxes
• The most important topic in this hearing will be the President-elect Joe Biden’s $1.9 trillion coronavirus relief plan<...
- As most nations around the world engage in a hard fought battle with new lockdowns and layoffs in the face of the soaring pandemic, just one major economy has swung back after bringing the coronavirus mostly under tight supervision: China.
- The Chinese economy rose 2.3 percent l...
- China is the solitary nation that observed progressive growth in 2020.
- The world's second best economy with only US in front says it grew 2.3% last year, compared with the previous year, with the final quarter seeing growth of 6.5%.
The COVID-19 pandemic h...
- Bank of Korea maintained its policy rate of 0.5 percent.
- Bank of Korea in November 2020 had frozen the key rate due to economic uncertainty.
- The monthly exports in 2020 advanced 12.6 percent on-year to reach $51.4 billion...
• The industrial production in the United States surged by 1.6 percent in the month of December, up for the third consecutive time
• The manufacturing went up by 0.8 percent, which is up for the eighth consecutive month, irrespective of production of motor...
• This package includes $415 billion that will be used specifically for battling the coronavirus pandemic along with more than $1 trillion in direct aid to individuals and families
• Completing this promise about increasing the amount of stimulus checks, t...
• Immediately after the Democrat takes charge of the office on January 20, his administration will work closely with Congress on this stimulus package
• According to the sources, the stimulus package is said to be over $1.5 trillion and includes $1,400 sti...
- Japan’s consumer spending is expected to fall by $19.3 billion.
- The loss would correspond to 0.40 percent of Japan's annual GDP in nominal terms.
- Japan's government has imposed a state of emergency in 11 pre...
- Japan reports the lowest corporate bankruptcies in 2020 amid pandemic.
- The decline in bankruptcies could be attributed to the government’s interest-free loans etc.
- Information and communications posted a 22.1 percen...
- BOJ Governor suggests country’s economy severe and recovery be moderate.
- Later in the day, BOJ is scheduled to release its quarterly Sakura report on regional economies.
- BOJ Governor Kuroda said the consumer price i...
• While all the jobs lost in last month were held by women, men on the other hand gained 16,000 jobs in the same period
• According to the data, Latina and Black women disproportionately work in sectors that were hit hardest by the COVID-19 pandemic...
- Japan Govt. to give cash handouts to support suppliers of restaurants.
- The government plans to pay $3,800 to suppliers in Tokyo and its vicinity areas.
- The government is to pay 60,000 yen per day to restaurants and bars t...
• Earlier this week, the President-elect had said that $2,000 checks would go out as soon as his party takes control of the both houses
• With control of the House of Representatives and the Senate, Biden is expected to push for a new stimulus package late...
• Harris said by the building back the economy, she means providing an access to capital for small business owners, the economic engines of the neighborhoods
• She said this will help them create jobs that are in the communities and help communities sustai...
• The data for November was revised up to show 336,000 jobs went up instead of 245,000 as reported earlier
• While the labor market is suffering, the chances of economy falling back into the recession is very low courtesy of the $900 billion stimulus appro...
- China and France held talks on strengthening bilateral cooperation.
- Chinese Vice Premier and French Economy and Finance Minister held telephonic talks.
- Chinese President and French counterpart have held over five telephon...
• It also noted that both the sides have also held concerted negotiations in order address these trade worries
• The CRS report said “Under the Trump administration, bilateral tensions increased over each side’s tariff policies. In general, Ind...
- Japan’s economy expected to pick up at the end of FY 2021.
- In the next fiscal year to March 2022, the country’s economy is expected to grow 3.42 percent.
- The Japanese government expects a 4.0 percent growth ne...
- China’s PMI in December for its manufacturing sector stood at 51.9.
- The PMI edged down by 0.2 percentage points from November.
- In December, the country’s sub-index for production stood at 54.2.
- The ...
- South Korea reports CPI in December grew by less than 1 percent.
- The country’s annual inflation rose by less than 1 percent.
- In December CPI rose by 0.5 percent on-year.
- The country’s core inflation...