Search result for economy
• This visa ban was issued on June 22 which barred the entry of H-1B, L-1 and J1 visa holders till the end of 2020, though it was recently suspended by a US district court
• This paper was made by Danny Bahar (The Brookings Institution, Harvard), Prithwira...
• According to the data released jointly by the White House and the Treasury Department, this year the government has shelled out $6.552 trillion which is up from $4.447 trillion in 2019
• This government released data clearly showcases the impact of COVID...
• Recently the U.S. President Donald Trump had offered House Speaker Nancy Pelosi a $1.8 trillion coronavirus relief package though nothing is conclusive yet
• The first disbursement of $1,200 checks were approved by the Congress with CARES Act passed in t...
• The President of the United States, Donald Trump on Tuesday said that he has ordered his subordinates to halt negotiations on another round of COVID-19 relief until after the presidential election
• The House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, who recently had a disc...
• The impact of this sluggish rise in employment and the US President Donald Trump testing COVID positive was immediately visible on the stock markets
• According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, private-sector hiring was slightly better with addition of...
• According to the report released on Thursday, 837,000 filed or unemployment claims in the last week as compared to 873,000 in the prior week and this number is less than 850,000, which was predicted by the market analysts
• For the fifth consecutive week...
• Michael Cuggino said that if they can strike something that’s reasonable on both sides, then the country does have a good chance to get something done before the election, or right after, which would benefit both parties and the general economy
- Japan, Australia, and India to cooperate to enhance regional supply chains.
- The countries plan to draw up various measures for the same by the end of the year.
- The Economy ministers from all the countries discussed to enh...
- The initial US jobless claims point towards the same
- The U.S. economy needs greater fiscal support
For the US economy, many experts and economists have raised concerns. It is regarding the possibility of a double-dip rece...
- Japan’s Cabinet Office releases the latest monthly report of the economy.
- The government reported the economy showing signs of recovery for the month of August.
- The government has considered 11 major components to ...
- It happened for the 22nd time in 23 weeks
- In the previous week, it was 1.104 million
The Labor Department said on Thursday stated that the economy struggles to recover from the COVID – 19 pandemic. It is reflec...
- Fed’s stimulus efforts were acknowledged
- Congress’s response to the recession was debated
The National Association for Business Economics surveyed economists. According to a m...
- For the week ending on August 15, it came in at 1.106 million
- A total of 923,000 was expected by the economists polled by Dow Jones
The concerns have been raised about the state of the economy. For the week that ended on A...
- The corona virus response, particularly in June and July, has been poor
- It is largely because of the various factors like the early return to social activity, etc.
On Wednesday, Glenn Hutchins said that ...
- The culmination of the process could be announced around the Federal Open Market Committee’s meeting
- It includes public meetings and extensive discussions among central bank officials
The Federal Reserve will be soli...
- Japan’s ambitious plan to go digital under crisis; COVID-19 exposed the shortcomings.
- Less than 12% of administrative work is transacted online in Japan.
- Just 5.4% of citizens utilize digital applications at public...
- It was one of the first states to reopen its economy toward the beginning of May
- It rolled back some of it later after coronavirus cases surged
On Friday, Gov. Greg Abbott said that Texas has not yet conquered the c...
- South Korea’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP) has plummeted worse-than-expected i.e. 2.9% in year-on-year terms.
- Exports, which account for 40% of the economy has experienced the largest fall since 1963.
- The government of Sou...
- Japan is rethinking about relaxing its current restrictions.
- Changes in guidelines with regards to spectators allowed in sporting or other major events.
- Tokyo and other prefectures have reported a surge in COVID-19 cases....
- Germany wants approval from EU to support the chemical industry and steel industry in its country.
- German government is considering providing subsidies to these industries.
- Economy minister presented a plan to support the growth ...