Search result for economy
• Earlier this week, the President-elect had said that $2,000 checks would go out as soon as his party takes control of the both houses
• With control of the House of Representatives and the Senate, Biden is expected to push for a new stimulus package late...
- China and France held talks on strengthening bilateral cooperation.
- Chinese Vice Premier and French Economy and Finance Minister held telephonic talks.
- Chinese President and French counterpart have held over five telephon...
• The Treasury Department and the Internal Revenue Service said that U.S. citizens can expect to start seeing $600 in their bank accounts
• The Treasury and the IRS are working with unprecedented speed to issue the second round of payments said Treasury Se...
• The source stated as Joe Biden takes over the office, he is likely to review the deal and this might take at least few months or more than that
• It is also being said the only positive thing is that the scope of the deal can be expanded in this process ...
- PM asks govt. for measures to minimize the impact of social-distancing on the economy.
- Seoul, Gyeonggi Province, and Incheon are currently under level 2.5 coronavirus alert system.
- Most other parts of South Korea are unde...
- Japan Cabinet Office survey showed business confidence worsened in seven months.
- The diffusion index of sentiment among economy watchers came to 45.6 points.
- The points were down from 8.9 points from October.
- An OLED TV under US$1,000 has made an appearance in the TV market.
- Vizio, a U.S. TV manufacturer, has started a publicity campaign of a 55-inch 4K OLED TV that is sold at US$900 at Best Buy, the largest retail enterprise in the United States.
The model was sol...
- Japan economy recovers in July-September quarter; growth rate of 21.4%.
- Cabinet Office however mentioned that the economy has still not recovered entirely.
- July-September share prices were higher in Tokyo.
- Japan economy’s key index reportedly rose in September 2020.
- The economy is said to have risen for the fourth straight month.
- September’s preliminary data for the coincident index of business conditions increa...
• “Economic activity and employment have continued to recover but remain well below their levels at the beginning of the year” said the Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC)
• No changes were made to the monthly purchases by the Fed officials an...
• This visa ban was issued on June 22 which barred the entry of H-1B, L-1 and J1 visa holders till the end of 2020, though it was recently suspended by a US district court
• This paper was made by Danny Bahar (The Brookings Institution, Harvard), Prithwira...
• According to the data released jointly by the White House and the Treasury Department, this year the government has shelled out $6.552 trillion which is up from $4.447 trillion in 2019
• This government released data clearly showcases the impact of COVID...
• Recently the U.S. President Donald Trump had offered House Speaker Nancy Pelosi a $1.8 trillion coronavirus relief package though nothing is conclusive yet
• The first disbursement of $1,200 checks were approved by the Congress with CARES Act passed in t...
• The President of the United States, Donald Trump on Tuesday said that he has ordered his subordinates to halt negotiations on another round of COVID-19 relief until after the presidential election
• The House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, who recently had a disc...
• The impact of this sluggish rise in employment and the US President Donald Trump testing COVID positive was immediately visible on the stock markets
• According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, private-sector hiring was slightly better with addition of...
• According to the report released on Thursday, 837,000 filed or unemployment claims in the last week as compared to 873,000 in the prior week and this number is less than 850,000, which was predicted by the market analysts
• For the fifth consecutive week...
• Michael Cuggino said that if they can strike something that’s reasonable on both sides, then the country does have a good chance to get something done before the election, or right after, which would benefit both parties and the general economy
- Japan, Australia, and India to cooperate to enhance regional supply chains.
- The countries plan to draw up various measures for the same by the end of the year.
- The Economy ministers from all the countries discussed to enh...
- The initial US jobless claims point towards the same
- The U.S. economy needs greater fiscal support
For the US economy, many experts and economists have raised concerns. It is regarding the possibility of a double-dip rece...
- Japan’s Cabinet Office releases the latest monthly report of the economy.
- The government reported the economy showing signs of recovery for the month of August.
- The government has considered 11 major components to ...