Search result for governor
On May 22, Chadchart Sittipunt, an independent candidate, received an overwhelming majority of the vote and went on to win the election for governor of Bangkok. He finished first overall with more than 1.38 million votes, which put him a wide gap ahead of the other candidates. In point of fact, B...
Thai voters went to the polls on Sunday to elect a new governor in a race that was delayed by a military coup but still shows the country's divisions, with the main contenders backed by either the conservative establishment or the liberal opposition.
There were a total of 31 contend...
The state of current politics in the United States is an absolute disaster with federal polities spiraling downwards, and finger-pointing and name-calling superseding diplomacy. Several people have lost hope in the state’s ability to recover its political system.
There is so much ...
Andrew Cuomo, New York Governor gave his resignation on Tuesday, after charges of sexual harassment against him last year.
The 63-year-old democrat denied all the allegations against him, saying that these are false, and he denied behaving disrespectfully with women intentionally....
Mary Simon was born in Kangiqsualuuaq, Nunavik on 21 August 1947. She has worked as an advocate and has been fighting for human rights, has earlier worked as a broadcaster, a civil servant and a diplomat.
She will serve as Canada’s 30th Governor General and will be replacing forme...
- BOJ refrains from buying ETFs in May for the 1st time.
- BOJ removed a $55 billion annual target for purchases to make ETF buying more flexible in March.
- The BOJ's total assets quadrupled to over 700 trillion yen over t...
- BOJ’s total assets in fiscal 2020 rose to $6.5 trillion.
- Japanese government bonds were purchased massively as part of the ultraloose monetary policy.
- The total assets rose 604.48 trillion yen from the previous year...
- Tokyo to ask an extension of COVID-19 state of emergency.
- The infection rate in Tokyo has not subsided with the Olympics just two months away.
- Tokyo Gov. Yuriko Koike is hoping the state of emergency to be extended beyond...
- Okinawa seeks to be added under govt.’s COVID-19 state of emergency.
- At present, 16 municipalities in Okinawa are under a quasi-state of emergency.
- Okinawa Gov. Denny Tamaki to ask the central government for the app...
- Japan govt. asks to check if restaurants are abiding COVID-19 safety measures.
- The central govt. has instructed prefectural governors to introduce a system using third parties.
- Yamanashi prefecture Gov. had explained abou...
- S. Korea’s industrial output grew 0.8% in March.
- Output in the mining, manufacturing, gas, and electricity industries declined 0.8 percent in March.
- In the reporting month service production gained 1.2 percent on-mo...
- Osaka Gov. to ask central govt. to declare a fresh state of emergency.
- Osaka Prefecture has been reporting a resurgence of coronavirus cases.
- Osaka as of Sunday recorded 1,220 new coronavirus cases.
- Osaka could...
- BOJ downgraded economic assessments of two regions in the country.
- BOJ is worried about economic recovery from the pandemic which still remains fragile.
- The pandemic has dampened consumption, which accounts for more than...
- Tokyo marked the 100 days to go Olympics and Paralympics.
- Tokyo Gov. pledged to deliver a “wonderful” Olympics.
- The Olympics will be followed by the Paralympics from Aug. 24 to Sept. 5.
- Athletes wil...
• An open bill was signed by Governor Bill Lee and will become effective from July 1
• As per the Tennessean report, though this bill has been backed by the National Rifle Association (NRA), leading law enforcement groups in the state are opposing it...
- 3 Japanese prefectures decide to take stricter virus measures.
- Osaka, Hyogo and Miyagi prefecture have seen resurgence in new COVID-19 infections.
- The new measures will be implemented from April 5 to May 5.
• The Digital Health app will help in finding out the progress of vaccinations
• The intent is to speed up the opening of businesses
As Covid vaccinations are rolled out, th...
• Bitcoins’s volatility will give the CBDC its advantage in South Korea
• Before the launch Bank of South Korea analyse the market impact on the current financial system...
• Lee Ju-yeol considers bitcoin to be an asset with no intrinsic value
• He supports the idea of central bank d...
- Bank of Korea announces unchanged record low policy rate at 0.5 percent.
- The country’s central bank maintained its growth outlook for the year at 3 percent.
- The BOK also raised its growth outlook of exports for 2021...