Search result for opposition
Wednesday, a South Korean judge denied an arrest warrant for the country's opposition leader, citing a lack of evidence that he posed a clear risk of destroying evidence. Lee Jae-myung, who awaited the decision in a detention facility where he would have been held if the judge had approved hi...
Republican-led states and a libertarian legal group have filed lawsuits challenging the Biden administration's plan to forgive federal student loans, claiming the president overstepped his authority and misapplied a federal law that permits such drastic policy shifts only in times of national...
The list MP calculation mechanism, which is anticipated to favour small parties at the following general election, was approved by 59 opposition MPs voting with the coalition government parties.
There were 47 from the Move Forward Party, 7 from the Pheu Thai Party, which is largely supp...
It has not even been eighteen months since the largest opposition party of Singapore made historical electoral gains but the controversies surrounding it have shaken its credibility. The party leaders are at risk of being jailed by Singapore’s legislature.
On November 1st, 2021, t...
- Opposition party in Japan seeks extension of diet session by 3 months.
- The country’s main opposition party plans conduct further debate on the govt.'s COVID-19 response.
- The CDPJ's head of Diet affairs Jun A...
- Japan to drop revision of immigration law over parliamentary opposition.
- Opposition parties ask govt. to look into the death of a Sri Lankan woman detained in an immigration facility.
- The woman had died after complaining ...
- Japan passes bill to tighten regulations on foreigners purchasing land.
- Japan Cabinet approved a bill on the same on Friday.
- The government aims to turn the bill into law during the current Diet session through June. ...
- Four Pheu Thai Party heads offered their resignation from the party board to evade any conceivable political aftermath from the Election Commission's (EC) test into the job of previous PM Thaksin Shinawatra in the Dec 20 neighborhood decisions, sa...
- Japan’s firing range of surface-to-ship missiles not aimed to strike enemy bases.
- The firing range is to strengthen standoff defense capability for the country.
- Japan opposition lawmakers have raised concerns over b...
- Prasert Jantararuangtong, secretary-general opposition, Pheu Thai Party, told the press on Wednesday that his gathering has given a valiant effort by suing the head for proceeding to live in an Army habitation in the wake of resigning as Army boss in ...
- A bill to give recognition to users of donated eggs as parents submitted in Japan.
- Japan’s ruling and opposition parties jointly submitted the bill on Monday.
- The bill doesn’t recognize the rights of such chil...
- Opposition parties in Japan monitor Biden’s possible foreign policy changes.
- Head of CDPJ, Yukio Edano commented on Biden’s win may shift U.S relations with Russia and North Korea.
- Japanese Communist Party chi...
- Extrordinary diet session begins in Japan; PM Suga questioned by opposition.
- Yukio Edano from CDPJ criticized the PM’s decision of members of the Science Council.
- The extraordinary diet session began on Monday. ...
- Japan’s opposition party CDP and others criticize the central govt. ‘Go to Eat’ program.
- The central government of Japan had introduced the reward system program to increase restaurant demands.
- The gover...
- Legal counselor and opposition government official Lim Tean was captured for a supposed criminal break of trust and is additionally being probed for supposed unlawful stalking said the Singapore Police Force (SPF).
The capture came a...
- Opposition parties demand for a parliamentary debate from new Japan premier.
- The opposition wants to discuss the country’s degrading economy and novel coronavirus.
- Japanese Communist Party Kazuo Shii criticized Sug...
- Tetsuro Fukuyama of CDPJ to be No. 2 of the biggest merger opposition party.
- Yukio Edano was elected as the chief of the new opposition party last week.
- Hirofumi Hirano from DPFP has been selected to become the election ...
- New leader of Japan’s largest opposition party elected; Yukio Edano.
- He was named as the new leader on Thursday.
- Edano is the current leader of the Constitutional Democratic Party of Japan.
- Edano beat De...
- Japan’s major opposition merger political party CDPJ and DPFP to choose new leader.
- The election is between two – Yukio Edano (CDPJ), and Kenta Izumi (DPFP).
- 149 members will be joining the new party. ...
- PM Lee said to make Singapore's legislative issues work; both the Government and the opposition must share "a superseding objective" to work for Singapore, and not only for their party’s political agenda or supporters.