Search result for stimulus
- Tokyo stocks end higher on Tuesday over the U.S COVID-19 stimulus package.
- The 225-issue Nikkei Stock Average ended up at 391.25 points.
- Topix index of all First Section issues on the TSE ended at 10.35 points.
• This package includes $415 billion that will be used specifically for battling the coronavirus pandemic along with more than $1 trillion in direct aid to individuals and families
• Completing this promise about increasing the amount of stimulus checks, t...
• Immediately after the Democrat takes charge of the office on January 20, his administration will work closely with Congress on this stimulus package
• According to the sources, the stimulus package is said to be over $1.5 trillion and includes $1,400 sti...
• Earlier this week, the President-elect had said that $2,000 checks would go out as soon as his party takes control of the both houses
• With control of the House of Representatives and the Senate, Biden is expected to push for a new stimulus package late...
• The data for November was revised up to show 336,000 jobs went up instead of 245,000 as reported earlier
• While the labor market is suffering, the chances of economy falling back into the recession is very low courtesy of the $900 billion stimulus appro...
• The Treasury Department and the Internal Revenue Service said that U.S. citizens can expect to start seeing $600 in their bank accounts
• The Treasury and the IRS are working with unprecedented speed to issue the second round of payments said Treasury Se...
• Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell on the Senate floor said “At long last, we have the bipartisan breakthrough the country has needed.”
• Senate Minority Leader Schumer said “The American people have a great deal to celebrate ...
• Irrespective of multiple attempts, the stimulus talks are not going forward as the Republicans and Democrats have failed to reach to a consensus
• With new $908 billion bipartisan proposal, the hopes are once again revived but there is a big flaw in it a...
• This bill was passed by the Republican-led Senate on Friday afternoon after the Democratic-majority House of Representatives had given their approval to the measure on Wednesday
• Several economists have stated that the US economy needs additional COVID-...
- Tokyo stocks end lower on Thursday over uncertain U.S economic stimulus.
- The 225-issue Nikkei Stock Average ended at 61.70 points.
- Topix index of all First Section issues on the TSE at 3.21 points.
- Stock i...
- Tokyo stocks fall on Thursday over locked in profits; Nikkei high.
- The 225-issue Nikkei Stock Average was down at 88.97 points.
- Topix index of all First Section issues on the TSE was down at 2.21 points.
- Stock ...
• The impact of these two leaders backing this coronavirus stimulus plan as basis of negotiation was immediately visible on the global stocks as they surged on the last trading day of the week
• McConnell had shot down the bipartisan plan immediately after...
• Biden said as soon he takes charge of the White House on January 20, he would act quickly to provide more resources to battle the pandemic
• Since months, Democrats and Republicans are taking efforts to resolve a standoff over a stimulus package for busi...
• Recently the U.S. President Donald Trump had offered House Speaker Nancy Pelosi a $1.8 trillion coronavirus relief package though nothing is conclusive yet
• The first disbursement of $1,200 checks were approved by the Congress with CARES Act passed in t...
• President Trump said the U.S. Congress could tap unutilized funds from previous COVID-19 relief stimulus to fund airlines and a independent program for micro businesses
• In the last week, two prominent airlines in the country, American Airlines and Unit...
• Powell urged the U.S. Senate to pass a robust stimulus and said that coming up with inadequate support would weaken the recovery from the coronavirus recession while overdoing would only strengthen the rebound
• Speaking at a virtual annual meeting organ...
• According to the Commerce Department, the US gross domestic product (GDP) plunged at a 31.4 percent annualized rate last quarter (April-June quarter), 0.3 percent less than what was predicted a month back
• As per the economists, the US economy is likely...
• Michael Cuggino said that if they can strike something that’s reasonable on both sides, then the country does have a good chance to get something done before the election, or right after, which would benefit both parties and the general economy
• The Dow Jones Industrial Average index slumped 0.2 percent on Friday morning, while the broader S&P 500 index also fell 0.2 percent continuing to post losses for fourth consecutive week
• According to the statement issued by the Commerce Department o...
• Reports state that this new stimulus plan would be inclusive of direct payments to Americans, enhanced unemployment insurance, Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) small-business loan funding and aid to airlines
• In attempt to take ahead the talks with the...