Search result for 5G
• Borje Ekholm, Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Ericsson said the acquisition of Cradlepoint complements their company’s existing offerings and is key to their strategy of helping customers grow the value of their 5G network investments
• This purchas...
- TRAI has not reduced the reserve price for spectrum.
- However, the inter-ministerial panel of the Indian government might reduce the prices.
According to unconfirmed source, although the Telecom Regulatory Authority of Indi...
- SK Telecom Co., South Korea's foremost mobile carrier, said Wednesday it launched a cloud gaming portal in partnership with Microsoft Corp., joining other telecom operators to compete for a chunk of the burgeoning local cloud gaming market.
- The mobile carrier's 5GX Clou...
• The Prime Minister of India, Narendra Modi during his visit to Israel in the year 2017 had initiated this trilateral initiative
• USAID official Bonnie Glick said this collaboration in 5G is just the beginning
According to a top official, the U...
• The Founder of Huawei Technologies, Ren Zhengfei said the telecom company has been making constant changes its products to cope up with the ban from the U.S.
• The recently imposed restrictions by the U.S. Government have immensely affected Huawei’...
According to the reports, the South Korean technology giant Samsung has managed to secure a contract to supply new 5G equipment to Verizon in the United States. Nokia, who was the closest to win this contract will be suffering the most after this outcome.
After the exit of Chinese te...
- In late June 2020, the US Federal Communication Commission (FCC) ascertained in the interests of the nation, two mobile players Huawei and ZTE as ‘national security threat’.
- In its official press release, it stated, ‘FCC’s Public Safety and Homeland Secu...
• According to the intelligence agencies, China has commenced installation of the equipment for new spectrum bandwidths, laying fibre optic cables and the development of cellular transmission technology
• Despite stating they will move back, the Chinese PL...
- Canada has been the only member of the Five Eyes intelligence-sharing network that has not formally blocked Huawei from 5G networks.
- However, it has finally conceded, delaying a long-standing decision to force telecom companies to exclude the Chinese gear maker.
- T-Mobile is a brand owned by Deutsche Telekom operating GSM and UMTS Networks in Europe and the United States.
- Deutsche Telekom penetrated the mobile growth curve by acquiring VoiceStream Wireless for $35 Billion. Deutsche Telekom rechristens the company T-Mobile USA Inc. ...
- Pompeo talks about how US’s efforts is slowly cutting China off major global economies
- He also talks about the formation of the Quad while testifying at the senate meeting for the 2021 budget.
America is intent on alienating China f...
- Portugal’s mobile phone companies will not use Huawei’s 5G technology
The three companies who are dominating Portugal’s mobile phone market said that they would not use technology of Huawei in their core 5G network...
- United States says that Huawei's equipment could be used by the Chinese government for espionage.
- Hence, many countries including France are banning it.
- Both Huawei and Chinese government have denied the charges.
- SK Telecom Co. will digitally recreate the Jason Dynasty’s royal Changdeokgung Palace with its 5G augmented reality (AR) technology.
- SK Telecom Co. will be partnered with Google Korea and the Cultural Heritage Administration. ...
• Huawei has decided to lay off its Indian staff except those working in research and development and the global service centre
• As per the reports, Huawei is presently targeting revenue of $350-$500 million in 2020 as compared to previous target of $700-...
• Chinese companies like Huawei and ZTE will not be allowed entry in the Indian markets despite their low cost products say sources
• The government is planning to finalize this decision and will be citing reasons like opaque ownership pattern, lack of tra...
- UK mobile providers are banned from buying new Huawei 5G equipment after December 31.
- The UK mobile providers are asked to remove all the Chinese firm’s 5G kit from their networks by 2027.
- The ban would delay the UK’...
- UK Prime Minister ordered Huawei to leave the country’s 5G network by end of 2027.
- Britain is preparing to cast off from the European Union.
- The U.S President may also seem to have pressured Britain to take such an...
- USA and UK have decided to ban Huawei from building 5G networks for their respective countries.
- There is a possibility of telecom giants from Japan and South Korea to fill in for Huawei.
- Huawei has denied all charges about sharin...
- Beijing's new security law for Hong Kong has created a stir in the relations between the UK and China.
- Chinese officials have threatened consequences if the UK cuts Huawei out of its telecom infrastructure amid growing tensions over se...