Search result for China Economy
- China’s exports & imports rose 28.2% between Jan-March.
- Exports jumped by 30.1 percent from a year earlier.
- The trade surplus increased by 56.2 percent year on year.
- The trade surplus last month narro...
- China’s electricity consumption expanded 13.2 percent in April.
- The country’s total power use came in at 636.1 billion kWh in April.
- Power consumption by the primary industries in April rose 16.4 percent. ...
- China saw record growth in economy by 18.3% in Q1 of 2021.
- China is reported to have shown V-shaped economic recovery.
- The IMF has projected the Chinese economy to grow 8.4 percent in 2021.
- In Q1 China’s ...
- China’s exports rose 30.6% in March over hopeful economic recovery.
- Chinese imports jumped 38.1% year-on-year last month.
- Imports on meats saw an increase of 1.02 million tonnes in March.
- China’s po...
- China sees an increase in industrial output in Jan-Feb 2021.
- In the first two months, the industrial output rose by 35.1%.
- Retail sales in January-February rose 33.8%.
- Export growth hit a record pace in Fe...
- China aims 6% economic growth in 2021; tightens control over Hong Kong.
- China vows to make itself self-reliant in technology.
- The ruling Communist Party aims at becoming a global competitor in telecoms, electric cars, and...
- China’s PMI in December for its manufacturing sector stood at 51.9.
- The PMI edged down by 0.2 percentage points from November.
- In December, the country’s sub-index for production stood at 54.2.
- The ...
- Industrial production in China surged last month.
- However, experts suggest that the production and consumption side may vary in terms of recovery.
China has brought the corona virus outbreak largely under control wit...
After reporting the first case of coronavirus, China was once again in the news though this time for all the negative reasons. May it country’s exotic animal meat market or accusations made by the U.S. of making the COVID-19 and intentionally spreading it worldwide, China is constantly goin...
- Retail sales fell by 20.5 percent
- Fixed asset investment collapsed by 24.5 percent
The impact of coronavirus on China’s economy was released on Monday. It revealed a dramatic collap...
• It is to spur additional lending to factories and households
• It is in response to deal with the impacts of the coronavirus outbreak
On Friday, China’s central bank joined its US and E...
- China’s economy will slow in the first quarter of 2020, suggest various indicators
- Questions are being raised if China will miss its key 2020 growth target
China’s economy has been severely hit by coronavirus p...
- China has observed a drastic drop in infections
- The rapid increase in number of cases across rest of the world has softened the demand
In recent weeks, Coronavirus infections in China have markedly declined. However, the A...
CHINA’S GOVERNMENT RESEARCHER SUGGESTS TO USE THE CRASH IN CRUDE OIL PRICES TO TOP UP CRITICAL NATIONAL EMERGENCY RESERVES
- Energy security is one of the China government’s top economic policy priorities
- China will not limit its efforts to secure a stable and reliable oil supply
On Tuesday, a top government re...
- The Caixin/Markit services PMI is 26.5 for February
- It was 51.8 in January
In February, the confidence in China's services sector dropped to a record low. It is revealed by the new survey of privately-owned firms. It i...
- Due to the outbreak large part of the country is under the lockdown
- The official PMI for manufacturing and services have been record low
China’s official railway operator reveals that for the m...
· For February, the manufacturing PMI was 40.3
· Labor market was hurt by travel restrictions
According to a closely watched private survey, the Manufacturing activity in China fell to record lows...
- Indicators of economic activity exhibits poor performance
- Travel restrictions and quarantines have affected the economy drastically
On Friday, Stephen Roach stated that currently, the Chinese economy is flat-lining. ...
- Coronavirus has hit the China economy
- He expects it to grow 155 in the second quarter
On Wednesday, Joseph Lupton, JPMorgan Chase stated that from the coronavirus, the economy of China will bounce back. In the second quart...
- China is taking steps to meet the target
- Questions were being raised on China’s ability to be complaint in the wake of outbreak
Agriculture Secretary Sonny Perdue and US trade ...