Search result for Indian Economy
• The central bank in its first ever published ‘nowcast’ showcased that the Indian gross domestic product (GDP) shrank 8.6 percent in the quarter ended in September
• While the GDP slumped 8.6 percent in the second quarter, it was lower than 10...
• As per the National Statistical Office (NSO), the GDP contraction in the April-June period of FY21 was the largest fall on record since India started reporting quarterly data in 1996
• This is the sharpest decline since 1996 and is worse than any of the ...
• The talks of building a “Supply Chain Resilience Initiative” (SCRI) are currently at a working level
• The reports state the Japanese government intends to bring these talks to a higher level
• The U.S.-China conflict and the I...
• The interest rates were held steady by the monetary policy committee in wake of rising inflation
• Since February, the RBI has brought down the repo rate by a total of 115 bps
• Indian economy will improve in the second half of the financi...
• Infosys co-founder N R Narayana Murthy said people have to get used to live with the pandemic until there is a vaccine or a cure
• The global GDP is likely contract between 5 to 10 percent said Mr. Murthy
• N R Narayana Murthy said India&r...
• Every goods worth Rs 6,000 crore were sold during the festival of Rakhi in which China alone contributes about Rs 4,000 crore said CAIT
• The violent clashes at the Galwan Valley on June 15 led to anti-China movement across the country
Ever since the conflict between India and China at the Line of Actual Control (LAC) escalated, the ‘Boycott China’s movement or anti-China sentiment is spreading like wildfire in the country of India. The situation got worse after the armies of both the countries got involved in viole...
• On a whole this fiscal year will end up in the negative territory said N.K. Singh
• At the end of previous fiscal, India’s economic growth was standing at an estimated 4.3 percent
• Various global and domestic agencies had predicted ...
• Businesses have gained momentum courtesy of the economic stimulus package announced by the government said FM Nirmala Sitharaman
• FM Situation clearly said that every sector is a private sector and every sphere is open for private investments
• The Prime Minister of India, Narendra Modi reiterated that this is a great time to invest in India
• In the last week during his interaction with PM Modi, Google Chief Sundar Pichai had announced the company’s plans to invest Rs 75,000 crore in Ind...
According to the official sources, the Prime Minister of India, Narendra Modi is holding meetings with top officials of the finance and commerce ministries to review the impact of present day COVID-19 on the country’s economy.
The sources state that the Prime Minister will be p...
• Majority of the banks are already implementing the measures announced under the stimulus package
• On Monday, the Prime Minister Modi met all the secretaries including the Finance Secretary
• First tranche of Rs 5.94 lakh crore was a...
Addressing the inaugural event at the India Global Week 2020, the Prime Minister of India, Narendra Modi today invited the world to invest in India stating that the Indian economy is already showcasing signs of recovery. The event termed as one of the biggest international event’s on India&...
• The lockdown imposed by the government dented the economy and despite reopening policies it continues to suffer
• The Indian economy will jump immediately in the next fiscal said the macroeconomic report drafted by the finance ministry on the basis of In...
• According to the report made by S&P, the Indian economy will shrink 1.3 percent in 2020 and bounce back 6.9 percent in 2021
• Shaun Roache, chief economist for Asia-Pacific at S&P states the region has showcased some success in containing the vir...
• In the month of April, the IMF had predicted growth of 1.9 percent for the FY21
• The IMF stated that the prolonged lockdown and slow recovery will lead to contraction in the GDP
• The IMF also forecasted India’s growth revival will ...
• Ind-Ra predicts growth of 5 to 6 percent in FY22
• Earlier this week, Fitch and Moody’s predicted Indian economy to contract 5 percent and 3.1 percent in FY21
• Ind-Ra forecasted India’s fiscal deficit may expand more tha...
• As per the report made by ADB, though the petrol prices declined in May, the food inflation went up by 7.4 percent YoY
• ADB states that Indian economy will jump 5 percent in FY22
• On Friday, Fitch revised its outlook on IDR to nega...
• Union Minister Nitin Gadkari said the world is presently searching for new option and India can definitely be a better and viable option for the investors
• Numerous institutions and scientists in India are working relentlessly to develop COVID-19 vaccin...
• Majority of the consumers staying in tier II and tier III cities are intending to visit retail stores in next three to six months
• According to the survey, 60 percent women are in the favour of shopping online
• Nearly 52 percent people a...