Search result for Japan
- Tokyo stocks end moderately low on Friday over investor locking gains.
- The 225-issue Nikkei Stock Average ended down 125.41 points.
- The broader Topix index of all First Section issues on the TSE finished at 4.00 points.
- A Tochigi prefecture university cancels exams over a state of emergency.
- Utsunomiya University cancels its original entrance tests.
- The university independently holds entrance examinations and the same were scheduled on J...
- Japan govt. reports a 1.0 percent drop in the Dec. consumer price index.
- In 2020, the core CPI dipped 0.2 percent on average.
- In December, electricity bills fell 7.9 percent and gas bills at 9.5 percent.
- Japan Chain Stores Association reports a rise in Supermarket sales in 2020.
- Newly opened supermarket sales, operated by 56 companies totaled $123.34 billion.
- Food sales on a same-store basis climbed 4.7 percent in 2020.
- Tokyo stocks opened low on Friday morning over corporate earnings.
- The 225-issue Nikkei Stock Average ended 109.87 points.
- Topix index of all First Section issues on the TSE was down 3.49 points.
- Stock issues s...
- Japan reports a fall in sales at 7 major convenience stores in 2020.
- Japanese convenience store sales fell 4.5 percent to $103 billion.
- Newly opened convenience stores in 2020 sales fell by 4.7 percent to 10.16 trillion y...
- Honda announces collaboration with U.S General Motors Co. and Cruise.
- Honda plans to launch a service using self-driving vehicles in Japan.
- Honda plans to continue on making autonomous vehicle MaaS business in Japan a rea...
- Tokyo stocks end lower on Wednesday over Joe Biden’s inauguration day.
- The 225-issue Nikkei Stock Average ended down 110.20 points.
- Topix index of all First Section issues on the TSE finished 6.26 points.
- West Japan Railway Co. to put its workforce on temporary leave.
- JR West mentioned that about 1,000 employees a day will be on leave between Feb. 1 and Feb. 28.
- Travel demand has been low due to the spread of the novel co...
- Shizuoka prefecture in Japan issues COVID-19 emergency alert over new variant.
- The governor of Shizuoka, Heira Kawakatsu announced the alert at a press conference.
- However, the transmission routes of the new COVID-19 vari...
- Tokyo stocks end higher on Tuesday over the U.S COVID-19 stimulus package.
- The 225-issue Nikkei Stock Average ended up at 391.25 points.
- Topix index of all First Section issues on the TSE ended at 10.35 points.
- Hokkaido prefecture reports 5 people infected by COVID-19 at a home gathering.
- Japan confirmed 4 clusters of coronavirus infections.
- The authorities reported that the drinking sessions were held at the home of one person ...
- Japan reports 3 people having contracted new strain of COVID-19.
- The source of the new strain is however unknown.
- Health authorities believe they contracted the virus through community transmission.
- A total of ...
- Tokyo stocks rise on Tuesday morning over U.S COVID-19 aid package.
- The 225-issues Nikkei Stock Average gained 361.64 points.
- Topix index of all First Section issues on the TSE was up 11.13 points.
- Stock issues...
- Japan Foreign Minister criticizes S. Korea’s court ruling over ‘comfort women’.
- Foreign Minister mentioned that the order for Japan government to pay the damages is an “abnormal” situation.
- Japan conducted the year’s ordinary parliamentary session; PM gave a policy speech.
- PM Suga vowed to bring the coronavirus situation under control in the country.
- The country is said to continue to host the Tokyo Ol...
- Japan to collect data of people infected with COVID-19 even after vaccination.
- The health ministry will prepare a system to gather vaccination records of all infected people.
- It will then evaluate the effectiveness of the...
- Tokyo stocks open low on Monday over investor locking gains.
- The 225-issue Nikkei Stock Average was down by 236.44 points.
- Topix index of all First Section issues on the TSE was down 9.14 points.
- Stock issues s...
- Shibuya’s public hospital turned COVID-19 center cause difficulties for expecting mothers.
- Reportedly around 200 women were scheduled to give birth in the public hospital in Shibuya Ward.
- They are now forced to find...
- Japan reports COVID-19 patients recovering at home to reach 30,208.
- On Wednesday the figure was 1.7 times that of the previous week.
- In the few prefectures, the number of bed occupancy situations has reached Stage 4. ...