Search result for KK
The Nikkei rises as retail stocks soar on the back of a tourism boom and tech companies recover in Japan.
Gains in the retail sector due to an influx of foreign tourists and a reversal in the fortunes of the semiconductor industry helped the Nikkei share average in Japan recover some of the ground it had lost the day before. After opening in the red, the Nikkei gained 0.18 percent to close at 28,657....
Kishida's ruling bloc's candidates do well in state wide elections.
On Sunday, candidates endorsed by the ruling alliance of Japanese Prime Minister Fumio Kishida easily defeated their opponents backed by the largest opposition party in the first round of nationwide municipal polls. There has been speculation that Kishida may dissolve the lower house for a snap e...
In preparation for Spring/Summer 23 Jakke presents its first ever ready-to-wear line.
Known for their ethical fake fur fall/winter collections, womenswear label Jakke is releasing their first ever ready-to-wear line on April 6. Shirts, matching sets, dresses, and flowy pants and shorts are just some of the new ready-to-wear options that Nina Hopkins's Jakke label will be offer...
Ahead of the Fed's important rate decision, Japan's stock market rises about 2%, pacing Asia's advance.
As investors awaited the latest information on the U.S. Federal Reserve's rate hike decision, Asia-Pacific markets climbed on Wednesday. The Fed is attempting to balance its inflation fight and stem a banking crisis.
The Nikkei 225 in Japan led regional advances, rising 1.93 percent...
Transparent clams discovered off the coast of Hokkaido provide a glimpse into the mysteries of the deep water.
The Japanese archipelago sits on the edge of the Eurasian tectonic plate, where the Philippine and Pacific plates slide beneath it. Because of this peculiar convergence, the eastern side of the Japanese shoreline swiftly collapses into a series of trenches, some of which reach approximately 10,00...
Since the BoJ did not alter the yield range, Japanese stocks have risen by over 2%.
Even though the Bank of Japan did not alter its yield curve control strategy, shares across Asia-Pacific moved mainly higher on Wednesday. The Nikkei 225 in Japan was the best performing Asian index, rising 2.5% to end at 26,791.12. The final closing price of the Topix was 1,934.93, an increase o...
Since the Bank of Japan's December shock on the tech boost, the Nikkei has jumped to make up for its losses.
Nikkei share average reached its highest level in over a month on Tuesday, making up for all of its losses since the Bank of Japan's unexpected policy change the previous month. The gains were led by technology stocks, which followed Wall Street's momentum. The Nikkei finished at 27,299.1...
According to reliable sources, KKR has successfully raised $6 billion, making it the largest infrastructure fund ever established in Asia.
According to two persons familiar with the subject quoted by Reuters, KKR & Co Inc. has raised roughly $6 billion for its second Asia Pacific infrastructure fund at the first-close, making it the largest private equity fundraising for the sector in the area.
Even though rising infla...
After a car strikes a deer in Hokkaido, two people die in the crash.
The collision of two cars caused by a deer in Hokkaido, northern Japan, claimed the lives of two individuals, according to the local police.
In the town of Shibecha, close to Kushiro, a minivan and truck were involved in an accident on Wednesday. The minivan's driver and passenger b...
Friendship Cup in Sharjah to See International Cricketing Legends
Some of the biggest names in international cricket will be participating in the Friendship Cup organized by the UAE.
The Managing Director and the Chief Executive Officer of Arba Sports Services, Aslam Gurukkal, announced that due to travel restrictions in certain places, it was difficu...
Lukka raises $110M funds
Lukka is a Crypto-asset software company. Lukka provides clarity and insights into financial data for many firms. They also simplify the most complex data challenges to support and accelerate innovation along with offering blockchain and tokenized asset data. The other products are tax solutions ...
Nikkei 225 can scale up to 31000 mid-2023; unless omicron poses a threat
The Benchmark stock index of Tokyo notices a steep fall. This index lost more than 400 points during the Monday morning opening session. The prices tumbled further with the cases reported in the Omicron coronavirus variant and the cascading effects in share prices would be seen over the world by ...
Mastercard partners up with Bakkt, a digital wallet to facilitate crypto payments
Mastercard has decided to speed up its participation in crypto space. The company has signed a deal with Bakkt a crypto-wallet platform. This will allow merchants, banks and fintech firms to accept a large range of services and solutions related to cryptocurrencies.
JAPAN’S SAPPORO BREWERIES TO SELL YEBISU BEER IN SINGAPORE
- Japan’s Sapporo Breweries to sell Yebisu beer in Singapore.
- The brewer hopes to capitalize on strong demand for Japanese-brand products among local consumers.
- The company will sell the 350-mililiter Yebisu can. ...
TOKYO STOCKS END HIGH OVER COVID-19 VACCINE ROLLOUT PLANS
- Tokyo stocks end high over COVID-19 vaccine rollout plans.
- The 225-issue Nikkei Stock Average ended up 97.76 points, or 0.34 percent.
- Topix index of all First Section issues on the TSE finished 0.41 points, or 0.02 percen...
HOKKAIDO GOVT. SUED BY A WOMAN OVER DENIAL OF SPOUSAL BENEFITS
- Hokkaido govt. sued by a woman over denial of spousal benefits.
- The woman in a same-sex relationship had filed the lawsuit with Sapporo District Court.
- Kaoru Sasaki seeks $43,000 for being denied spousal benefits. ...
NIKKEI ENDS HIGH OVER U.S EMPLOYMENT DATA
- Nikkei end higher over U.S employment data.
- The 225-issue Nikkei Stock Average ended up 77.72 points, or 0.27 percent.
- Topix index of all First Section issues on the TSE finished 1.66 points, or 0.08 percent.
TOKYO STOCKS END LOW OVER FALL IN TECHNOLOGY ISSUES
- Tokyo stocks end low over fall in technology issues.
- The 225-issue Nikkei Stock Average ended down 116.59 points, or 0.40 percent.
- Topix index of all First Section issues on the TSE finished 0.49 point, or 0.03 percent.
TOKYO STOCKS END HIGHER OVER COVID-19 INOCULATIONS
- Tokyo stocks end higher over COVID-19 inoculations.
- The 225-issue Nikkei Stock Average ended up 131.80 points, or 0.46 percent.
- Topix index of all First Section issues on the TSE finished 16.15 points, or 0.84 percent.
TOKYO STOCKS END HIGH ON FRIDAY OVER U.S ECONOMIC DATA
- Tokyo stocks end high on Friday over U.S economic data.
- The 225-issue Nikkei Stock Average ended up 600.40 points, or 2.10 percent.
- The broader Topix index of all First Section issues on the TSE finished 36.42 points, or ...