Search result for UK Economy
- These companies expect a slow recovery
- The potential for a no-deal Brexit, coronavirus pandemic, etc. are the few factors responsible for it
Over the next three years, almost two-thi...
- The UK's economy has rebounded more slowly than expected in MAY 2020.
- Lockdown of British economy is being eased gradually.
- British economy modestly grew by just 1.8% from APR 2020.
The British economy is gr...
- It is an attempt to help the United Kingdom economy
- It is severely affected by the coronavirus pandemic
COVID – 19 pandemic has adversely affected the United Kingdom's economy. The Bank of England has announced a...
- Britain’s economy in April shrank by 20.4%
- Unemployment is a key concern
According to a leading economic forecaster, the British economy will shrink by 8% in 2020. The damage caused by the coro...
- Compared to the previous month, the GDP fell by 20.4%
- Q1 GDP figures highlight the damage caused by the lockdown
According to the Office for National Statistics, in April, the U.K. observes the biggest monthly fall in GDP ...
• April was the first month, when the UK saw complete lockdown with almost no economic activity
• Post-COVID, social distancing and no-deal Brexit complications will impact the country’s pace of economic recovery
• According to the OEC...
- Almost 200 chief executives signed a letter to the prime minister
- The letter calls for a recovery that helps to build a resilient UK economy
In the wake of the coronavirus crisis, Britain’s most powerful business lea...
According to the Whitehall sources, Chancellor Rishi Sunak is drafting plans to extend UK's mortgage relief scheme beyond the June end as majority of the businesses have not reopened yet.
The sources claim that Chancellor Sunak was having discussions with the banking sector regarding t...
- April was probably the bottom of the crash
- The Britain government is gradually easing out the lockdown restrictions
The head of the country’s budget forecasting office said on Sunday that Britain’s economy is u...
• According to the newly issued guidelines, the police in England cannot enforce social distancing from now
• Number of people travelling in London underground has gone up by 8.7 percent
• Are present, the UK has reported total 226,463 cases...
- Fears of cash flows are rising
- MSCI’s All-Country World Index plunged by 12.4% last week
Financial markets face another volatile week. It was on account of the escalating coronavirus crisis. It...
- Four weeks of school closures could cut 3% from the UK’s GDP,
- It could cost the economy billions of pounds
According to research being considered by the government, school closures lasting four weeks could cut ...
- In the three months to January, the service sector showed no growth
- The manufacturing sector has continued to show weaknesses
According to data published by the Office for National Statistics, the UK economy stagnate...
- Budgetary allocations have been made to deal with a coronavirus outbreak
- Taxes on pollution will be increased
The key pointers covered under the budget 2020 are as follows
To deal with the coronavirus outbr...
- An immediate cut in interest rates could be announced
- The borrowing conditions for high street banks could be eased
Reports suggest that Mark Carney will use his final week as governor of the Bank of England to make an an...
- The disruptions caused due to coronavirus could push the UK to the recession
- The Bank of England is coordinating with the international partners and the Treasury
To deliver a powerful and timely response to the coronavirus...
- A spending of more than £8bn shall be made
- Spending shall be on sustainable innovation, new skills, etc.
Rishi Sunak has been called by Nicholas Stern to spend more than £8bn in his ...
- The economy will be boosted by 0.16%
- It will be applicable over the next 15 years
A 180-page UK’s strategy document has been released. It has set the UK in a negotiating position to...
- The international financial systems have been severely affected by the coronavirus outbreak
- WHO has raised the impact risk alert to very high
On Friday, worrisome waves spread across all corners of the international financ...
- The UK economy largely relies on manufacturing and tourism revenues
- Car production figures were downbeat at the end of 2019
Mark Carney, the Bank of England governor, stated in the context of t...