Search result for cabinet
A bill has been introduced in the Rajya Sabha to supplant the CJI with a cabinet minister in the selection of the CEC and election commissioners.
The central government introduced a bill on Thursday that would replace the chief justice of India (CJI) with a cabinet minister on the committee for the appointment of chief election commissioners (CECs) and commissioners (ECs). To oppose the contentious bill, the opposition raised a ruckus....
Les Républicains (LR) members did not receive many phone calls prior to the announcement of the government reshuffle on Thursday, July 20. Some joked about "feverish anticipation in Rillieux-la-Pape," the town of MP Alexandre Vincendet, an open supporter of a political accord bet...
DEUTSCHLAND - On Wednesday, Germany announced its intentions to legalize cannabis, making it one of the first European countries to do so, according to the cabinet of Chancellor Olaf Scholz.
Karl Lauterbach, minister of health, presented a foundational paper on proposed laws to govern t...
President Yoon Suk-yeol will convene a Cabinet meeting on Tuesday to decide whether to issue an executive order requiring striking truckers to return to work immediately, after the first round of talks between the government and the truckers' union broke down Monday afternoon, according to go...
After China pledged to quicken the implementation of policy adjustments to spur sluggish economic growth and Australia's central bank hiked its benchmark interest rate, Asian stock markets were divided on Tuesday.
While Hong Kong lost ground, Shanghai, Tokyo, and Seoul advanced....
Fumio Kishida Japanese Prime Minister said that he has instructed the economic policy panel to put together an urgent proposal by early November for the development in Japan.
- Kishida asks economic panel to put up proposals for...
Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau overtook his entire cabinet and created a much more gender balanced cabinet. Women have been allotted foreign affairs and defence posts in the cabinet.
- Justin Trudeau sets up new Cabinet, women mak...
- Fumio Kishida pledges as the new Prime Minister of Japan
- Kishida announced his new cabinet
Fumio Kishida, Japan’s new Prime Minister, has pledged to fight the Covid-19 pandemic. The 64-year-old made his first speech ...
- Fumio Kishida to be Japan's new prime minister
- He will try to strengthen ties with US, India and Australia
Fumio Kishida will be the new acting Prime Minister of Japan. He will be taking office on Monday. He will be fo...
- LDP elects former foreign minister Fumio Kishida as its new leader
- Kishida will be forming a new cabinet
Liberal Democratic Party of Japan elected former foreign minister Fumio Kishida its new leader. He will become the ne...
Prime Minister, Narendra Modi has instructed all the ministers of the Cabinet Committee, saying we must help and protect all the Hindu and Sikh minority families, as well as the Afghans who need help from India.
On Tuesday, Modi held a meeting with his Cabinet Ministers, and discussed w...
- Japan’s digitalization minister admits to coercing app developer to cut costs.
- A smartphone app for monitoring the health of foreign visitors during the Tokyo Games.
- Hirai said the cost of developing and operating t...
- Japan’s economy shrank in Jan-March period by 3.9 percent.
- Real gross domestic product contracted 1.0 percent from the previous quarter.
- Government spending dropped 1.1 percent.
- Capital expenditure decrea...
- Japan govt. downgraded economic assessment as consumption dampens.
- The extended state of emergency over the coronavirus pandemic has led to the downgrade assessment.
- Private consumption in April has shown a weak ton...
- Japan to discuss approval for Moderna, AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine.
- The formal approval could be expected to come on Friday.
- The same vaccines are used overseas for people aged 18 or older.
- Prime Minister Yosh...
- Japan to drop revision of immigration law over parliamentary opposition.
- Opposition parties ask govt. to look into the death of a Sri Lankan woman detained in an immigration facility.
- The woman had died after complaining ...
- Japan’s economy fell by 4.6 percent in FY 2020 over pandemic.
- GDP in the January-March period shrank an annualized real 5.1 percent from the previous quarter.
- Exports of goods and services plummeted 10.4 percent.
- Japan govt. to set aside $4.7 billion for FY 2021 in reserve funds.
- The funds will be earmarked to purchase more COVID-19 vaccines.
- Pfizer is expected to supply 50 million doses from July through September.
- Seoul Mayor discusses introduction of free meal at kindergarten in Cabinet.
- The mayor has asked the central govt. to help come up with a plan for the cost of meals.
- The average cost of meals at kindergartens in Seoul is s...
- S. Korea to revise laws on use of surnames of children.
- The country plans to revise such laws to embrace diverse forms of families.
- The Cabinet approved the ministry’s 2021-2025 plan to form the basis of its family-...