Search result for coronavirus
- Japan’s COVID-19 advisory subcommittee reports 7 situations for high infection risk.
- Situations include social gatherings involving alcohol consumption.
- The subcommittee urged people to travel in small groups. ...
• Gregory Glenn, Novavax’s president of research and development said that with a high level of SARS-CoV-2 transmission observed and expected to continue in the United Kingdom
• The US government had awarded $1.6 billion to Novavax to develop and fun...
- August month saw a rise in supermarket sales in Japan.
- Sales rose by 3.3 percent in the reporting month from a year earlier.
- The report on sales is based on same-store data.
- Food sales climbed by 6.8 percent fr...
- IOC held a teleconference meeting with Tokyo Olympics organizers.
- Thomas Bach asked organizers and stakeholders to work diligently towards Tokyo Games.
- A two-day teleconference meeting was organized.
- The meetin...
- Experts suggest Japan may face a resurgence of COVID-19 infections.
- Japan has been recording a downward trend in infection cases since late July.
- On Sept. 22, Japan recorded new infections that totaled to 3,287. <...
- Japan Cabinet Office report September's economic assessment unchanged.
- The government mentioned that the economy is starting to pick up from the pandemic slump.
- Exports and production are slowly recovering. ...
- A senior Conservative MP has suggested coronavirus testing to be introduced at UK airports.
- He says that the proposed move can cut quarantine period to “less than five days”.
Former Brexit Secretary David Davis...
- Belgium has added many new EU areas to red zone.
- The newly listed cities will be considered as red zones from Friday.
Belgium has added several new areas in the European Union (EU) to red zone. These areas include Copenhag...
- South Korea's wine imports soared higher than 9 percent in the first half of the year as it was clearly seen that more and more people were thoroughly indulging in drinking at home.
- Even when alone, time spent at home was unnaturally high due to the coronavirus outbreak, da...
- Fujifilm’s Avigan shows efficacy in treating COVID-19, company to seek approval.
- Fujifilm Holdings plans to seek regulatory approval as early as October.
- Favipiravir drug may also become the third treatment drug fo...
- The Maharashtra government has withdrawn the limit on the use of oxygen cylinder in hospitals.
- Earlier, the medical community had criticized the medical community.
On Monday, 21 SEP 2020, the Maharashtra government withdre...
- From Friday, travel to red zones from Belgium is allowed.
- Belgium government still discourages non-essential travel.
Starting Friday, 25 SEP 2020, travelling from Belgium to destinations marked as red zones by Belgian gove...
• As per the experts at the Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation at the University of Washington, the number of people losing their life because of COVID-19 might jump to 378,321 by January 1
• The reasons cited by the health experts that could caus...
- Incheon International Airport, the country's principal doorway, did not succeed to cash in on enough bidders in duty-free auctions Tuesday, its operator said, underlining an extended dip in the duty-free business sector amid the coronavirus pandemic.
- The Incheon Internation...
- Though the mouth and nose are much talked about and get the most attention in spreading the SARS-CoV-2 virus, it can also be transmitted to someone through the eyes, making it important to wash one’s hands before touching one’s eyes.
- However, touch isn’t the s...
- The number of coronavirus cases are increasing in Belgium.
- Daily, approximately new 1,200 new cases were tested positive last week.
According to the latest figures by Sciensano on Monday, 21 SEP 2020, on an average of 1,19...
- Japan launches world’s first UV lamp to kill coronavirus safe for human health.
- Japanese light equipment maker Ushio Inc. developed the UV lamp.
- The “Care 222” UV Lamp developed together with Columbia Un...
- South Korea's healthcare and cosmetics exports rose 42 percent last month from a year ago, thanks to export of COVID-19-related medical devices, industry data showed Monday.
- According to data from the Korea Health Industry Development Institute (KHIDI), South Korea's ex...
• The President of United States, Donald Trump at a White House press briefing said that mass distribution of the COVID-19 vaccine will start as early as October, as the vaccine is almost ready
• President Trump said that the early distributions of COVID-1...
- Due to the pandemic Japan reported an estimate of 8,700 foreign travellers in August.
- The country reported a decline of 99.7 percent in the number of visitors.
- Visitors from China totaled to 1,600 in August.