Global Implanted Cardioverter Defibrillator Market Growth & Trends
The global implanted cardioverter defibrillator market size was valued at USD 7048.44 million in 2020 and is expected to expand at a CAGR of 3.9% from 2021 to 2029. The key factors driving the market include the rising preference for minimally invasive surgeries, aging population, and strategic initiatives by market players.
Implanted cardioverter defibrillator (ICD) is a small electronic device attached to the heart. It is used to continuously monitor and assist in the management of potentially life-threatening electrical irregularities in the heart. ICD identifies irregular life-threatening heart rhythms in the lower chambers of the heart and utilizes pacing or shock (defibrillation) to correct the fast rhythm and promote a normal heartbeat. ICD therapy is effective for both primary and secondary prevention of sudden cardiac death caused by ventricular tachycardia or fibrillation, while cardiac resynchronization therapy with defibrillation (CRT-D) back-up is effective in improving patient symptoms and outcomes in the setting of severe, moderate, and mild heart failure.
During the upcoming years, demand for implantable defibrillators is predicted to rise globally due to a rapid increase in the geriatric population and an increase in the frequency of sudden cardiac arrest (SCA). There have been significant recent breakthroughs in implantable cardioverter defibrillator (ICD) technology, including the introduction of quadripolar lead devices to increase device programming and therapeutic effectiveness, as well as improvements in patient monitoring to reduce unnecessary shocks. Several newer ICDs include pacing capabilities. Furthermore, several companies in the global implanted cardioverter defibrillator market offer wireless remote monitoring/integration of device data with bedside transmitting units, eliminating the need for patients to contact the doctor on a frequent basis. Moreover, implantable cardioverter defibrillators manufacturers are investing towards product enhancement so as to extend devices’ longevity for clinical and economic benefits, based on patient preferences and needs such as reduced need for device replacements and related consequences, including infections. Thus the above factors are boosting the growth of implanted cardioverter defibrillator market globally.
Our 420+ Pages Report titled, “Implanted Cardioverter Defibrillator Market - Global Insights, Growth, Size, Comparative Analysis, Trends and Forecast, 2021 - 2029”, will include extensive information on the following pointers:
- Global market size and forecast values (2015 – 2029), in terms of revenue (US$ Million) by segments/sub-segments
- Split of the market revenue (US$ Million) into all the relevant segments & sub-segments across all major regions/countries.
- Years Considered (2015 – 2029)
- Historic Years: 2015 - 2019
- Base Year: 2020
- Forecast Years: 2021 – 2029
- Market determinants and Influencing Factors
- Market Dynamics (Drivers, Restraints, Opportunities and Trends)
- Impact of Covid-19: Global Implanted Cardioverter Defibrillator Market
- Macro-Economic and Micro-Economic Indicators
- Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
- Competitive Benchmarking: Global Presence and Growth Strategies
- Market Share Analysis, 2020
- Detailed profiles of major market participants operating in the market, encompassing information pertaining to company details, company overview, product offerings, key developments, financial analysis, SWOT analysis and business strategies
- Region specific reports including North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa and Latin America are also available in our repository.
- The reports can be provided in different languages including French, Korean, Japanese, Arabic, Spanish, German, Russian, Chinese and other languages.
Request Sample Copy of This Report:https://www.absolutemarketsinsights.com/request_sample.php?id=1049
Global Implanted Cardioverter Defibrillator Market Report Highlights
- Dual chamber implantable cardioverter defibrillators are the fastest growing segment in the global implanted cardioverter defibrillator market. The atrium and ventricles are paced by a dual chamber implantable cardioverter-defibrillator. If it detects ventricular tachycardia or ventricular fibrillation, it provides a shock to the heart to bring it back into normal rhythm. In the last years, there have been technological advancements in the dual chamber implantable cardioverter defibrillators, which provide dual-chamber pacing, supraventricular tachycardia (SVT)-VT discriminators and diagnostics for atrial fibrillation (AF), thereby ensuring higher diagnostic accuracy.
- On the basis of type, subcutaneous implantable cardioverter defibrillators (S-ICDS) are witnessing fastest growth in the global implanted cardioverter defibrillator market. Subcutaneous implantable cardioverter defibrillators gives energy to the heart muscle when it recognizes a very fast, irregular cardiac beat. The heart beats in a normal rhythm again as a result of this. An S-ICD differs from a traditional ICD, wherein the wires (leads) that connect the device to the heart are implanted under the skin rather than via veins, making it easier to remove and replace the leads. Despite the fact that conventional implantable cardioverter-defibrillators (ICDs) have been shown to be effective in preventing sudden cardiac death (SCD), they appear to be limited by non-trivial acute and long-term problems. Major players are looking forward to incorporate advanced technologies into these devices and commercialize it on larger scale. The development of a fully subcutaneous ICD (S-ICD) is a significant step forward in the progression of defibrillation technology toward a less invasive technique.
- Cardiac care centers in many ways is serving as a hub for population and economic health-care developments in the society. A critical care unit for severe CVD patients, known as a cardiovascular intensive care unit (CICU), has been constructed in several general hospitals to minimize deaths caused due to CVDs. In clinical cardiology’s, technology advancements including invasive monitoring and procedures, have led to the emergence of CVD intensive care. Moreover, hospitals are engaging a dedicated medical staff of cardiologists which can manage intensive care practices such as respiratory management and infusion management. Extensive training is being provided to the medical staff in cardiac care centers wherein they master the use of diagnostic and therapeutic medical equipment for better treatments. Thus, with the advancements and trainings, cardiac care centers are boosting in the implanted cardioverter defibrillator market globally.
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to witness fastest growth in the global implanted cardioverter defibrillator market over the forecast period. Asia-Pacific region is a diversified geographical location with a wide range of cardiac device implant rates and expertise. Due to ageing population, upgraded economic conditions and improved healthcare infrastructure Asia-Pacific has seen an increase in pacemaker and ICD implant rates. Moreover major players in the market are expanding their product launches in the Asia Pacific region with advanced defibrillators and remote monitoring. For instance, in October 2020, Abbott launched its new Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator (ICD) and Cardiac Resynchronisation Therapy Defibrillator (CRT-D) devices in India for people with abnormal heart rhythms and heart failure. Through smartphone connectivity and associated applications, the gadgets provide new potential for patient interaction and remote monitoring.
Enquiry Before Buying: https://www.absolutemarketsinsights.com/enquiry_before_buying.php?id=1049
Global Implanted Cardioverter Defibrillator Market Segmentation
Absolute Markets Insights has segmented the global implanted cardioverter defibrillator market on the basis of product type, type, end user, and region:
Implanted Cardioverter Defibrillator Market: Product Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 - 2029)
- Single Chamber
- Dual Chamber
Implanted Cardioverter Defibrillator Market: Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 - 2029)
- Subcutaneous Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillators (S-ICDs)
- Transvenous Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (T-ICDs)
- Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy Defibrillator (CRT-D)
Implanted Cardioverter Defibrillator Market: End-user Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 - 2029)
- Hospitals and Clinics
- Cardiac Care Centers
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
Implanted Cardioverter Defibrillator Market: Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 - 2029)
- North America (U.S., Canada, Mexico, Rest of North America)
- Europe (France, The UK, Spain, Germany, Italy, Nordic Countries (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Sweden, Norway), Benelux Union (Belgium, The Netherlands, Luxembourg), Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, New Zealand, Australia, South Korea, Southeast Asia (Indonesia, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Rest of Southeast Asia), Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa (Saudi Arabia, UAE, Egypt, Kuwait, South Africa, Rest of Middle East & Africa)
- Latin America (Brazil, Argentina, Rest of Latin America)
List of Key Players in the Global Implanted Cardioverter Defibrillator Market
- BIOTRONIK SE & CO.KG
- Boston Scientific Corporation
- LivaNova PLC
- Medtronic plc
- MicroPort Scientific Corporation.
- Physio-Control, Inc.
- Other Market Participants
Purchase the Report:https://www.absolutemarketsinsights.com/checkout?id=1049
Company: Absolute Markets Insights
Email Id: [email protected]
Phone: IN +917400242424, US +1-510-420-1213
Contact Name: Shreyas Tanna