Melphalan is a chemotherapy drug used to treat patients with multiple myeloma, cancer of the ovaries, melanoma, and amyloidosis. It is given by mouth or injection through a vein and is an anti-cancer chemotherapy medication. Alkeran is the trade name for Melphalan, although patients refer to the drug, healthcare professionals use the trade name which is megace alkeran or other names L-PAM or L-Sarcolysin and phenylalanine mustard. This drug is used to treat different forms of cancer used in some conditioning regimens prior to bone marrow transplantation such as multiple myeloma, ovarian cancer, neuroblastoma, and rhabdomyosarcoma and breast cancer. If the healthcare professionals feel that these medications may be helpful in treating other diseases they may use the medication for other problems. Melphalan is administered orally in the vein as a tablet or as an injection infusion. The amount of Melphalan to be prescribed by the patient depends on different factors such as the patient's height and weight, general health conditions or other health problems, and it is diagnosed with the type of cancer patient. As a 2 mg tablet or 50 mg IV, the medication is available. Patients diagnosed with various forms of cancer need different dosages and these dosage are taken as directed by the physician.
Request for Sample Copy of This Report@ https://www.absolutemarketsinsights.com/request_sample.php?id=721
The market players are also more worried about the dose storage because it is contained in a container that is tightly closed and is stored in a cool dry place. Melphalan is currently available in the form of tablets as well as injections in the US Melphalan Market. There are several producers as well as distributors currently involved in the industry. The drug production firms in Melphalan are working to ensure a steady supply of the drug on the market. A constant supply of the medication is maintained on the Melphalan Market for patients suffering from cancer as it is on the list of essential medicines. Latest research on Melphalan have suggested that by administering large doses to patients, it can be used as an anti-cancer treatment and shows promising results for advanced solid tumor malignancies. The Melphalan Market for Melphalan would increase over time due to efficient medication outcomes for the treatment of multiple myeloma. Melphalan is in a class of medicines known as alkylating agents. It works by slowing or preventing cancer cells from growing. Melphalan will reduce the amount of blood cells that help the body to battle against infections and help clot blood. Melphalan is a drug for cancer that interferes with the body's development and spread of cancer cells. Cancer has a very serious impact on the society in United States. In United States there are 1.8 million new cases of cancer in 2020 in United States and 606,520 people died due to cancer in the year 2020.
Most common cancers are breast cancer, lung cancer, prostate cancer, pancreatic cancer amongst others. Government is taking initiatives in order to reduce the mortality rate in cancer patients by providing advanced technologies to treat cancer and about 1 in 6 deaths in United States is due to cancer. Correct cancer diagnosis is important in order to reduce the death rate for that health services should be integrated and people centered. Melphalan has many advantages but while using Melphalan the patient can develop infection more easily. Those infections may be serious or fatal. Melphalan has many side effects this factor is hampering its growth in the Melphalan Market. The main effect is on the blood count which occurs in among 30% of the patients.
Enquiry Before Buying @ https://www.absolutemarketsinsights.com/enquiry_before_buying.php?id=721
Some side effects of taking Melphalan includes allergic reaction, mouth sores, diarrhea, and hair loss amongst others. Also there is a slight chance of developing blood cancer such as leukemia or myelodysplasia after taking the drug. But the side effect of the drug are reversible and will go away after the completion of the treatment. Healthcare professionals continuously monitors the patient taking Melphalan in order to prevent the side effects of the drug and check the response of the patient to the ongoing therapy. Multiple myeloma is an uncommon caner in United States but the number of patients having multiple myeloma is rising in the United States. In the year 2020 there are above 32000 cases of multiple myeloma with more than 12000 expected deaths. The overall 5 years survival rate for a person with multiple myeloma is around 74% and if it is spread to distant part of the body then the survival rate decreases to 51%. Thus Melphalan aids in the treatment of multiple myeloma and thus helps in reducing the death rate in United States.
United States Melphalan market was valued at US$ 137.85 million in 2019 and is expected to reach US$ 203.73 million by 2028, growing at a CAGR of 4.4% over the forecast period.
The detailed research study provides qualitative and quantitative analysis of Melphalan market. The market has been analyzed from demand as well as supply side. The demand side analysis covers market revenue across all the major regions. The supply side analysis covers the major market players, their regional presence and strategies. The geographical analysis done emphasizes on each of the major regions across the United States.
Request for Customization@ https://www.absolutemarketsinsights.com/request_for_customization.php?id=721
Key Findings of the Report:
- In the dosage segment, injection powder has a substantial growth rate over the forecast period. The usage of Melphalan injection is more in the United States thus boosting the use of injection powder.
- In the route segment, Intra-arterial, Intravenous 50 mg/10 ml has a significant growth rate over the forecast period. Patients who are suffering from multiple myeloma, breast cancer are administered with intravenous 50 mg. There is a growing number of patients having breast cancer and multiple myeloma thus increasing the need for intravenous 50 mg in the Melphalan Market over the forecast period.
- In the indication segment, multiple myeloma leads the market as the number of patients diagnosed with multiple myeloma is increasing at a rapid rate in United States thus increasing the need for Melphalan drugs in the market in the upcoming years The number of patients diagnosed with multiple myeloma is increasing at a rapid rate in United States thus increasing the need for Melphalan drugs in the market in the upcoming years.
- Some of the players operating in the United States melphalan market are Acrotech Biopharma, LLC., ApoPharma Inc., CELGENE CORPORATION, Fresenius Kabi USA, LLC, Ingenus Pharmaceuticals, LLC, and Mylan Inc. amongst others.
- By Dosage
- Tablet, Film Coated
- Injection Powder, lyophilized, for Solution
- By Route
- Oral (2 mg/1, 2MG, 5MG)
- Intra-arterial, Intravenous 50 mg/10 ml
- By Indication
- Multiple Myeloma
- Ovarian Cancer
- Breast Cancer
- Used in some Conditioning Regimens Prior to Bone Marrow Transplant
- Non-resectable Epithelial Carcinoma of the Ovary
- Recurrent or Unresectable in-transit Metastatic Melanoma
- Treatment of Amyloidosis with Prednisone
- Adjunct to Surgery in the Treatment of Breast Cancer
- Others (Severe Hodgkin Lymphoma, etc.)
- By Region
Get Full Information of this premium report@ https://www.absolutemarketsinsights.com/reports/Melphalan-Market-2020---2028-721
Absolute Markets Insights strives to be your main man in your business resolve by giving you insight into your products, market, marketing, competitors, and customers. Visit …
Email id: email@example.com
Contact Name: Shreyas Tanna
Tags : United States Melphalan, United States Melphalan Market, United States Melphalan Market research, United States Melphalan Market research reports, United States Melphalan Market Research Company, syndicated United States Melphalan Market research, United States Melphalan Market size and forecasts, United States Melphalan Market Industry Analysis, United States Melphalan Market Custom Research and Consulting, Trends, Industry Analysis, Market Research Trends, Volume, Value Trade,